Gadgets in skyfall

13»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Baltimore_007, Whishaw is almost 32, so he isn't a 'kid,' per se. I just think either works: an older Q, who has been with MI-6 for decades and knows everything there is to know about his job, or a younger Q, who has been a slight genius all his life and picks up on what he needs to know quickly. Makes sense.
    Fair enough, but I will always maintain I wasn't happy about the choice they did, and many others have remained skeptical. The best thing to do is wait until the actual release date and see how Wishaw does before we can really make judgments, but even so, not really keen on the idea of it
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Baltimore_007, exactly: we will find out when we see the final product. Those who hated the idea might love it, those who loved the idea might hate it, etc. I will say, though, I still wish Q was older than Bond - I'll miss that.
    I enjoyed them. The amount of gadgetry and the kind of believable gadgets they were. And at last they reused gadgets from the past. I mean yes, they had done it with DAD, but it worked better in Skyfall.
    Yes, and the machine guns were more effective this time around, that's for sure.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 14,831
    Gerard wrote:
    Yes, and the machine guns were more effective this time around, that's for sure.

I'd love to see them used again this way. Maybe not for Bond 24, but in the future.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Perhaps on another car maybe but the db5 has had it's day.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 14,831
    doubleoego wrote:
    Perhaps on another car maybe but the db5 has had it's day.

The gadgets still work and unlike the other gadgets filled cars, the DB5 ones were really integrated on the car. So I am all for seeing them again, although not too often so as not to overdo it.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2
    Well I am new to this site but I will have to say it is now almost 3 days after the Oscars and I am still PISSED that Thomas Newman's phenominal score did not win an Oscar. What does this guy have to do to win a friggin' Oscar? What is it?......10, 11 times nominated and STILL no Oscar. Is the "academy" out of their flippin' minds? What a bunch of pompous, arrogant and narccistic jackasses. Oh and that PATHETIC hommage they threw together to celebrate James Bond's 50th year was an insult to Bond fans everywhere. No wonder they could not get Sean Connery and the rest of the othe Bonds to come in for this childish an infantile nonesense. I can hear Connery now (in a thick Scottish accent), "You want me to do say and do what???!!! Have you lost your mine you fluckin' pansy. Not in this life or any life will I EVER participate in such a foolish pile of shite, you commie pinkos!!! Now get out of my castle before I really get pissed!!!"

Other than that I have no opinion on this subject, at all.
    I think you have the wrong topic, Johnnytwotoes.