Jokes you wish they had done

edited June 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 5,812
Sometimes (not very often, but it happens), you see a movie, and something in it makes you think of a joke that should have been done, but wasn't, for one reason or another. Here's mine.

The movie is Tomorrow Never Dies. All right, Jonathan Pryce plays the villain. Part of the action is set in VietNam. And there's no mention of Miss Saigon ? Not even something about Elliott Carver being an Engineer ? Missed opportunity here.

And if you tell me that few people would have gotten the joke, I'll refer you to the scenes between Geoffrey Palmer and Judy Dench, which at the time had flown over my head.

Any other references you think should have found their way into a Bond movie ?

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2012 Posts: 5,979
    In that same movie, I don't think they should have deleted the Kupta card-throwing scene (a reference to the actor's other profession). It instantly would have made him a memorable henchman.

In QoS, what was the point of naming the sidekick Elvis if they weren't going to make a joke about it?

And along those same lines, in YOLT, why isn't Kissy Suzuki's name ever mentioned? There's definitely a joke there, along the lines of "Kissy, you say?" before he kisses her.
    After killing Jinx, Bond makes a cute one liner
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    After killing Jinx, Bond makes a cute one liner

Yes, the end of DAD will take place in an old pop factory, where Bond tussles with Jinx until she is pushed to her death, and lands in a pile of Pepsi glasses (scary product placement there). Bond looks down at her corpse, and quips: "Jinx, you owe me a soda."

TOO SOON?! :D
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    At a scene of any movie of 007, Which takes place just before Bond gets into action, attacks the villain's base, and the Bond girl says:

-Bond, it's just too dangerous! You can't kill them all by yourself!
    He says:
    -Doesn't seem fair, does it? Maybe i should go left handed.

I saw this line in a game, it's great. Think it should fit very well. :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd love to have Bond come to the rescue when a Bond girl is getting roughed up by a villain's henchman.

(After Bond pulls off the henchman)
    Bond: "Call for a doctor."
    Bond girl: "For you?"
    Bond: "No. For him."
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I'd love to have Bond come to the rescue when a Bond girl is getting roughed up by a villain's henchman.

Actually that would happen with Dominic Greene, which didn't actually got Dead by Bond's hands.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Actually that would happen with Dominic Greene, which didn't actually got Dead by Bond's hands.

Just a henchman, not one of the main villains. The main villain needs a darker death than that.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Just a henchman, not one of the main villains. The main villain needs a darker death than that.

Oh yes. Sorry by the mistake, i didn't read 'henchman'. But you're right, the villains really needs best deaths than this.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,480
    It's why I hope Bond takes out Silva with his own hands (or gun, melee weapon, or causes an accident, what have you) in SF. It's time Craig's Bond feels the satisfaction of a final kill.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Yes, Bond himself needs to kill the main villain. How awesome would it be if Bond went toe to toe, fist to fist, with Silva. Goosebumps...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, Bond himself needs to kill the main villain. How awesome would it be if Bond went toe to toe, fist to fist, with Silva. Goosebumps...

I agree. A gritty fight between the two would be excellent.