thelivingroyale's fan trailer/video thread (Bond girl tribute now finished).

edited May 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 12,837
Well I've been working on doing a Dalton tribute video for a while and the other day I started a Skyfall trailer, I got them both finished today. I've never done this before these two vids but I'm hoping to do more in the future, which is why I set up this thread. I made them on windows live movie maker.

Here's my SF trailer.

And here's my Dalton tribute video (for some reason when I uploaded it to youtube bits of it got chopped off).

Next I'm working on a Brosnan/Tarantino CR trailer which I'll hopefully have done in a day or two. Feel free to give feedback or suggestions.

Comments

Why do you need an own thread? What's wrong with the fan trailer one we have?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 228
    nice job living royale, keep at it and I enjoyed these. As for German Lady, ,who cares if he made his own thread, theres people starving to death for food now, this is quite a trivial question to ask the thread author. Next time a polite ,"hey living royale just to let you know theres a thread dedicated to these kinds of things ( with a link provided )" would suffice.

Good Work, Living Royale, and welcome to the 2000 club etc

Any chance to watch Dalton again as Bond..
    Germanlady wrote:
    Why do you need an own thread? What's wrong with the fan trailer one we have?

Well other people have their own fan art and fan video threads so I didn't see anything wrong with starting one.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, I love the Skyfall trailer you made! I like the music and the editing and the whole thing. I have no idea how to make these things, so I'm rather in awe of everyone who does. This was nicely done and fun to watch; thanks!
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 6,601
    nice job living royale, keep at it and I enjoyed these. As for German Lady, ,who cares if he made his own thread, theres people starving to death for food now, this is quite a trivial question to ask the thread author. Next time a polite ,"hey living royale just to let you know theres a thread dedicated to these kinds of things ( with a link provided )" would suffice.

But you can as well feed yourself where others have put theirs. Its as if he feels, he is too good to take that route AND - gosh, we do have more then enough threads for every little bit as it is. Just saying...its hard enough to find something anyway, so I thought, it just a matter of not making it even more complicated.

..and also, why would I point him in the direction of that other thread, when I am very sure, he knows about it?

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I see no reason why this should be locked. So long as it doesn't break any rules, and if it's what @thelivingroyale wishes, it can remain open. The other thread can be used for random video's, not created by anyone specific.

Nice work @thelivingroyale, especially the Dalton tribute. Though I do have one small niggle, it's the music, might it have been better to keep the same theme throughout? If you're up for requests, I have a few choices. ;)
    OK, I love the Skyfall trailer you made! I like the music and the editing and the whole thing. I have no idea how to make these things, so I'm rather in awe of everyone who does. This was nicely done and fun to watch; thanks!

Thanks. I used the 007 Nightfire game trailer as sort of a template for it. Sadly though it seems to be blocked in America now.
    Germanlady wrote:

But you can as well feed yourself where others have put theirs. Its as if he feels, he is too good to take that route AND - gosh, we do have more then enough threads for every little bit as it is. Just saying...its hard enough to find something anyway, so I thought, it just a matter of not making it even more complicated.

..and also, why would I point him in the direction of that other thread, when I am very sure, he knows about it?

Like I said, plenty of others have started threads for their own work so I didn't see the harm.

@MajorDSmythe Thanks. I did have the music the same at first but I thought it was boring, so I tried changing it to the next main part of the theme but for some reason a bit of it has been chopped off. I'll be doing requests as soon as I've finished my Brosnan/Tarantino CR trailer.
    The Brosnan/Tarantino CR sounds really interesting. Will look for it.
    @4EverBonded Just finished it.

This was easier to make than I thought it would be (I made a mistake though, when Bond says "let's get down to buissness" I forgot about the black and white and it switches to colour for a second). If anyone is intrested I used the original Bond theme and the SF teaser music, and clips from GE, DAD, CR and DN. The gunbarrel I used is from GF.
    Nice! Were the car falling down the mountain scenes from DN? I don't remember the shot of painting/dusting a gun ... but it's cool. I like the shots of Vesper in it and LeChiffre looks haunting (reminded me of the Joker a little; eerie and repulsive) Personally I love the original Bond theme. Some day I'll have to get around to making these myself; it looks like fun.
    Nice! Were the car falling down the mountain scenes from DN? I don't remember the shot of painting/dusting a gun ... but it's cool. I like the shots of Vesper in it and LeChiffre looks haunting (reminded me of the Joker a little; eerie and repulsive) Personally I love the original Bond theme. Some day I'll have to get around to making these myself; it looks like fun.

Yeah the car chase shots were from DN. And the shot of Bond dusting a gun is from DAD.
    Nice trailer but I am afraid the prospect of Brosnan in CR brings me out in hives..

Thank god it is only a fantasy.
    actonsteve wrote:
    Nice trailer but I am afraid the prospect of Brosnan in CR brings me out in hives..

Thank god it is only a fantasy.

I agree completely. You can't improve perfection! As much as I love QT he wouldnt be right for Bond. I personally think a Bond director, like the actor playing Bond, should be a Brit all the time (Martin Campbell sounds British even if he's technically a Kiwi!). Look what happened when Lee Tamohori (1st and hopefully only cross-dresser to direct) and Marc Forster got their hands on the franchise!
    Okay, but can we keep this thread (and other trailer threads like it ) for dicussion about the actual trailers made? Please. I know its easy to go off on our own favorite topics. These threads are fun, nice to see what fans make; I just don't want to read over and over again the same negative comments (that turn into debates and paragraph after paragraph) that seem to want to pop up on every single thread on this site.
    If anybody wants to make any requests please do.
    I have got one. One of the Bond girls dressed classily ie evening gown etc and at their most beautiful set to the below music. I would do it but I dont have the editing equipment.

actonsteve wrote:
    I have got one. One of the Bond girls dressed classily ie evening gown etc and at their most beautiful set to the below music. I would do it but I dont have the editing equipment.

I can do that. I think I'll use either Vesper or Frost, should be done soon.
    actonsteve wrote:

How about a number of elegant Bond girls?

Tracy, Tatiana, Domino, Solitaire, Anya, Melina, Octopussy, Kara, Electra and Vesper.

What programme do you use?

actonsteve wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

How about a number of elegant Bond girls?

Tracy, Tatiana, Domino, Solitaire, Anya, Melina, Octopussy, Kara, Electra and Vesper.

What programme do you use?

I just use movie maker. I'll try and get lots of Bond girls included.
    @thelivingroyale: If I could throw in a request also, would it be possible for you to make a trailer showcasing the Bond villains? I'd appreciate it if you could!
    00Beast wrote:
    @thelivingroyale: If I could throw in a request also, would it be possible for you to make a trailer showcasing the Bond villains? I'd appreciate it if you could!

Could I give it a shot as well? (Well, I am :P)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

You sure can, go ahead!
    00Beast wrote:

I'll do it, but expect to see alot of Sanchez, Blofeld and Trevelyan (my 3 favourite villians).
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Stop stealing my buisness!!! ;) Joking, go ahead.
    @actonsteve Here it is. I did the best I could with it but I didn't have much footage.

@actonsteve Here it is. I did the best I could with it but I didn't have much footage.

Terrific, particular the Domino part. Her closing her eyes with the romance and the laughiing. That fitted the music.

Also Fiona and Tracy. And you used one of the cut scenes with Melina. Interesting.

Its very slow and short. Not a criticism.

actonsteve wrote:

Terrific, particular the Domino part. Her closing her eyes with the romance and the laughiing. That fitted the music.

Also Fiona and Tracy. And you used one of the cut scenes with Melina. Interesting.

Its very slow and short. Not a criticism.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did mean to make it longer but I didn't have much footage, I slowed it down because so of the clips were bits from trailers that lasted a split second.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 1,492
    This is a joke...but...

When Vesper walks across the room at the start...Lupe notices her in a rather sapphic way...and Pam notices and glowers in jealousy.

Perhaps do an extended version to cover the entire song (which is a gorgeous one). There are plenty of other girls in evening wear ie Tatiana, Plenty, Solitaire, Mary, Anya, Holly, Corinne, Lisl, Magda, Kara, Camille etc.

• edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Never noticed that at the start :))

I'll definetly try and do a version to cover the full song. I'm gonna try and get my Bond villian tribute finished first though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I like it, and what an opening!
    :\">