Bond Villian joins Thor 2

edited May 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,407
Looks like good old CR baddie Mads Mikkelsen is joining Thor 2. Great choice in my opinion.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mads-mikkelsen-thor-2-villain-329339

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,458
    This could probably go into the Everything Action thread, or the Coming Soon to Cinema thread.

But, that's very cool news. I love Mikkelsen. To any out there who don't mind foreign films, you should watch 'Flammen & Citronen', a Danish WWII film that he stars in with Thure Lindhardt.

Another cool bit about the film is that Mr. White is in it, as well! Two Bond villains in one, just like Steven Spielberg's 'Munich' - Dominic Greene and Hugo Drax as father and son.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Great! Good to see Mads getting more mainstream acting work!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    This could probably go into the Everything Action thread, or the Coming Soon to Cinema thread.

But, that's very cool news. I love Mikkelsen. To any out there who don't mind foreign films, you should watch 'Flammen & Citronen', a Danish WWII film that he stars in with Thure Lindhardt.

Another cool bit about the film is that Mr. White is in it, as well! Two Bond villains in one, just like Steven Spielberg's 'Munich' - Dominic Greene and Hugo Drax as father and son.

And Daniel!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, indeed! I focused on the villains too much, and totally forgot about Bond himself. It's a shame that he doesn't share any screen time with either of them. Would have been cool to see them together on-screen before their battle together in Quantum of Solace.
    I need to see Munich. I've heard nothing but praise.

Greatest film I've ever seen. Watch it as soon as you get the chance, and let me know what you think. I'll watch your favorite film in return: I'm that desperate to get everyone I know to watch it ;)
  • Didn't Danny have a meeting with Greene in Paris in 'Munich' ? It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to remember that
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690

It's in my top 10 best film ever !! But sadly it doesn't beat Spielberg's best - Schindler's List, which is my favorite film of all time !!
    Didn't Danny have a meeting with Greene in Paris in 'Munich' ? It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to remember that

no, the only member of the team who meets Amalric and Lonsdale is Bana.
    Him as the mute one-eyed viking "One-eye" in Valhalla Rising by Nicolas Winding Refn, was fantastic, I hope he is Surtur!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    obin_gam wrote:
    Him as the mute one-eyed viking "One-eye" in Valhalla Rising by Nicolas Winding Refn, was fantastic, I hope he is Surtur!

yes, great film ! :)

Brilliant film and well worth a watch! On Mads Mikkleson, great news too as i like him alot as an actor. Be good to see him on the big screen again.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    It seems he is not Thor 2's villain after all.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Even though this could have also been the case, I thought things had been worked out. A damn shame, if so.
    gt007 wrote:
    It seems he is not Thor 2's villain after all.

That's a shame, however? The Hannibal series could be a must watch? I do like Mikkleson as an actor. :-bd
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Indeed, what a shame.

I don't know about the Hannibal show on NBC. It would make much more sense on HBO or something. A PG-13 (or whatever it is in American TV) Hannibal doesn't sound that interesting to me...
    It appears a stuntman has (possibly) let the villains of 'Thor 2' slip. Possible spoilers follow:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92705
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,438
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24464/the-thor-sequel-villains-revealed

I must think about Jason Isaacs when i saw thac picture of the villian.

elves_article.jpg?1342783100

PHP4981C2FFBA22A.jpg

Pierce Brosnan mabey another option. James Grogan whas the stunt double for Brosnan in Die Another Day. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1247272