2012 Ice Hockey World Championship

DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
edited May 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 1,347
So, the WC in Sweden/Finland has reached the quarters! Slovakia just eliminated the Olympic champions Canada in the first of them, which is quite the slam. Well done to them!

Looking forward to see Sweden beat the Czech Republic later tonight! :-bd

I can't be the only one following the championship? Join in on the poll and joy!

VM-logo.jpg

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    I am following the Championship. And i will follow the game tonight when Sweden beats Czech Republic tonight too!

Which countries do you think will be in the final?
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I doubt that the fact it's Norway's national day today will help them against the Russians.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Hahaha, precisely :))
    I'm just flabbergasted that the two biggest rivals in hockey have managed to get together and is actually hosting the championship :P
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Haha good point @obin_gam! Sometimes we do care about each other ;)
    I follow the WC very closely, love hockey and when it's in Sweden the WC is a big deal. I'm watching Russia - Norway right now and I'm very impressed by Norway. Cheers to our neighbours! Very excited about Sweden tonight, I think we might have a winning team this year with players like Zetterberg, Backstrom, Franzen, Alfredsson and Kronwall. Go Sweden!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I haven't watched the world championship, but it's very nice to see other hockey fans here. I'm a huge fan of the NHL here in America, and it's the only sport I watch religiously. Sadly, my favorite team is out of the Playoffs, so I don't know who to go for now.
    Third period Finland - USA will be an exciting one

What's your favorite team then Creasy?
    I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins, @DiscoVolante. I used to go to a bunch of Washington Capitals games when I was younger, because my parents were fans. Then my mom became a die-hard Dallas Stars fan, I stopped watching hockey in my younger teen years, and then my two good friends - who are avid Pens fans - got me back into the game, and I've been a fan of them for years now.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    A big big letdown tonight when Sweden lost to Czech Republic. I am very dissapointed!
    Yes, Sweden performed poorly and Czech Republic deserved the win. Is it only me or is WC less interesting after today with Canada, Sweden and US out? Praise to the four teams left though!
    We sucked. Go Finland now...

I see Creasy :) When I was a kid I had a Penguins cap and flag (my family went to the US in '95), and you could say I was a 'fan'. Liked 'em better with that old logo though ;)
    We sucked. Go Finland now...

I see Creasy :) When I was a kid I had a Penguins cap and flag (my family went to the US in '95), and you could say I was a 'fan'. Liked 'em better with that old logo though ;)

Nice! :) I do love that old logo, as well.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Well, i hope Finland doesn't win this. But they probably will do that..
  • Canada major fail.......at least we won gold at the olympics