Very weird Sean Connery appearance on 'What's My Line'?

edited May 2012 in Actors Posts: 11,425

Comments

• edited May 2012 Posts: 940
    Random to say the least! :O This was around the time of TB being filmed/released.

He talks about the movie 'The Hill', which incidentally co-starred the current Bill Tanner's father, Roy Kinnear.
    I thought it was quite amusing! Love hearing Connery talk!
    That's hysterical. Sean is of course my favorite Bond, and a wonderful actor, but it's always so funny to me that he's such a lousy talk show guest. He must've really hated doing all those interviews. I remember when he appeared on David Letterman about 10 years ago to squash rumors that he was dead or had throat cancer or something. He didn't make it easy for Dave. He has a great presence on stage but he's not comfortable telling stories off the cuff.

Was about to say the same thing but I wasn't fast enough on the draw.

Anyway, that's Martin Gabel (and husband of Arlene Francis), one of Connery's co-stars from Marnie, who corrected guessed his identity. I think is one of the last appearances of panelist Dorothy Gillkallen, who had appeared on the first program in 1950.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I remember seeing that already in the thread above. Sean was having great fun and it is nice to see him enjoying himself so much. The voice is unbelievable, and yet the man is still amazingly badass.
    Yes ive seen this before,but i actually feel the opposite.
    I think he actually looks uncomfortable doing the show and looks like he cant wait to get out of there !!
    Yeah it's great footage.