The brand new guess the character

Comments

• Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    @mtm It's worth having a go at clue setting, just for fun... and we love having new hosts take a turn . Maybe give it some thought for a day and see if inspiration strikes!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,527
    mtm wrote: »
    I don't know if I can come up with anything cryptic enough: if someone else wants to have a go feel free.

I'm always (and by always I mean both times) stressed that my clues will be way too easy, and then three or so guesses in, I lose sleep over whether I made it too hard. ;) There are brilliant minds in these forums, so to echo @Tokoloshe2, it's worth giving it a go!
    If you're having trouble picking a character, just watch a random film and hone in on someone, watch their scene(s) a few times, to come up with some clues. Look up the actor, etc.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I don't know if I can come up with anything cryptic enough: if someone else wants to have a go feel free.

I'm always (and by always I mean both times) stressed that my clues will be way too easy, and then three or so guesses in, I lose sleep over whether I made it too hard. ;) There are brilliant minds in these forums, so to echo @Tokoloshe2, it's worth giving it a go!
    If you're having trouble picking a character, just watch a random film and hone in on someone, watch their scene(s) a few times, to come up with some clues. Look up the actor, etc.

Yep, same here. But what does it matter if it's guessed quickly? Anyway, it's a lot of fun hosting, so go for it, you've earned it!

Yep, same here. But what does it matter if it's guessed quickly? Anyway, it's a lot of fun hosting, so go for it, you've earned it!

My first round, @Birdleson guessed my character Valenka, first guess. ;P
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

My first round, @Birdleson guessed my character Valenka, first guess. ;P

Took me a bit to get the feel of things when I first started playing years ago and I'm pretty sure my round lasted two or three guesses before it was over. It gets a lot easier, for sure.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland

Do you intend to start a new round the next days or do you prefer that someone else will take over?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anyone got a character they want to play? Let's get this thing going again.
    I've got an idea for a "challenging" named character; if @mtm or someone else doesn't pick it up before tomorrow, I'll give it a go.
    I've got an idea for a "challenging" named character; if @mtm or someone else doesn't pick it up before tomorrow, I'll give it a go.

Go for it! I need my daily riddle dose!
    Ok let's give it a shot.

Named Character in an EoN Film:

1. Turns out it isn't so lucky, after all.
    2. I evidently wasn't able to learn from the mistakes of the past.
    3. Bond finds me very close to two women who are very important to him.

Guessed:
    Francisco Scaramanga
    General Georgi Koskoff
    Marc-Ange Draco
    Mr. White
    Presidente Hector Lopez
    Raoul Silva
    Q
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Draco
    Not Marc-Ange
    President Hector Lopez
    No, but closer.
    Q
    Not Q.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    General Georgi Koskoff?
    Not Koskov.
    And not Scaramanga; sorry I missed yours @Birdleson.
    Not Mr. White
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Silva?
    Not Mr. Silva.
    Three new clues:

EDIT: I'm adding a bonus clue that should solve it for you... if you put in the work. ;)

Named Character in an EoN Film:

1. Turns out it isn't so lucky, after all.
    2. I evidently wasn't able to learn from the mistakes of the past.
    3. Bond finds me very close to two women who are very important to him.
    4. Bond was previously allowed in here, but now he has to sneak in.
    5. Very advanced technology for it's time, it would be used heavily again in six years.
    6. A church was seen in this film, but there would've been no use for a font.
    7. According to IMDB, I can be seen exactly 62.76% of the way through the EON film franchise (DN-SP).
    8. Firstly, I share something with one actor who played the character who owns the property Bond is on now.

Guessed:
    Della
    Ed Killifer
    Felix Leiter
    Francisco Scaramanga
    General Georgi Koskoff
    Henry Steiner
    Marc-Ange Draco
    Mr. White
    Presidente Hector Lopez
    Raoul Silva
    Q
  • John3John3 The Netherlands
    Ed Killifer
    John3 wrote: »
    Ed Killifer

Not Killifer
    Felix Leiter in LTK?
    Neither; you're both close but you'll have to dig deeper to find me.
    Henry Steiner?
    Not Henry.
    Jeffrey Giggins?