The brand new guess the character

Comments

• IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    edited July 2017 Posts: 194
    Kananga?
    I knew that couldn't be right based on clues seven and eight.

How about the blond henchman in TND? I think that his name is Stamper.
    Hmmm....how about Necros?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Not Herr Stamper; whose name is actually mentioned quite a bit.

Yeah, I was thinking about a few other clues when I mentioned him.
    "Whisper" from LALD? His real name is never mentioned.
    I am fearing that this is going to be a ridiculously obscure character, like the guy who the General shoots in the opening scene of GoldenEye for firing at Bond as he hid behind the containers. If it is a character like that, I would have no chance at all.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Karageorge!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Who is that?
    I have one more guess at the moment. I am not sure how to seperate each of them, but one of the men (but not the leader) who help Bond and Havelock get to the top of the mountain fortress at the end of FYEO? I would essentially guess each of those guys.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I was about to ask the same thing. Unmentioned character from one of my least favorite Bond films is something that I'd never would gotten.
    FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. The assault on the warehouse leading to the Bond-Locque confrontation piqued my interest. So I recognized the back flip, OO7 on his own for the denouement, then the others show up for his quip. But hard to identify which Greek male, I circuited through three guesses.
    Wow, I CANNOT believe that. Is that one the guys involved in the attack? If so, I swear on my life that I when I clicked on this page Birdleson's response to my GE comment was the last comment that was up. Lol.
    I know that it sounds impossible, but on my mobile phone it does not update live. The reason that I thought of them was because I was going through villains henchmen in my head and I thought of the guy who attempted to cut Bond down as he climbed the mountain. I thought that he was unlikely but it led me to the men who supported Bond and Havelock in the attack because you had mentioned an "assault."
    Some collective unconsciousness going on, @IGotTheMessage,
    we were both gravitating back to FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Yes @RichardTheBruce , it is indeed Karageorge from FYEO. After you're coming so close a few times I thought you'd be there much sooner. Over to you!
    Well, thanks, not sure I'm fully prepared to match the thought and synergy that's built here for years. But I'll do my best. At the very least I'll spread some comic relief for the fastest round.

Please stand by.
    Birdleson,

I wasn't whining, I was just saying.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'm not complaining at all. It's just one of those characters that never would have thought of. FYEO my least watched Bond film
    @RichardTheBruce

It is too bad because it really must look like I am just making it up. The clue about assaults was beginning to rattle in my head. That is what got me thinking about GE. The attacks in FRWL and OP had also crossed my mind, but I was still thinking that it would be a villain. When I thought about FYEO, I came to the guy who attempted to cut Bond off of the mountain, ruled him out and then considered that maybe it is one of the guys involved in the attack. Birdleson did say that "we assaulted" in the clue.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    giphy.gif
    That was a fair one. I was afraid that you had chosen someone so obscure that it would be virtually impossible.

I also may not have gotten it anyways because if Birdleson said that he needed a specific character, I may not have been able to figure out which guy. I had totally forgotten about the thing with Havelock's crossbow.
    @Thunderfinger

My self-effacing thing about not having the Bond IQ of Birdleson was intended to be somewhat of a compliment combined with the statement that I am in trouble on this one. I wasn't trying to whine or complain.
    I didn't take it that way at all, we were both closing in, @IGotTheMessage. I've definitely had issues with my devices not updating the page, or draft comments not refreshed and lost. We do the best we can.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Never would of guessed that. Didn't know the character existed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Gotta brush up on that Bond knowledge to really excel at the game! I've noted countless characters I didn't know were named for years, and have also played some relatively hidden, minor characters as well. Good way to play the game.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 12,988
    We begin again. I'm ready for redirection (and discipline) if I break protocols.
    Western pop culture knowledge will be helpful.
    This character appears in one EON Bond film. Has not been played before.

Clues:
    1. You don't know my name but you know what to call me.
    2. Someone else can do the talking.
    3. I'm good at my job but it's not very demanding.
    4. If I disappear, others are standing by to take my place.
    5. I'm tall but I'm not as tall as I appear.

6. It's a cutthroat business though you don't see me with a weapon.

Incorrect guesses:

Bartender (CR)
    Blackjack Dealer (DAF)
    Gobinda
    Guard, Carver's sub (TND)
    Hinx
    Janitor (OHMSS)
    Jaws
    Lorenzo (SP)
    Vender, fig (FYEO)
    Vicar (FYEO)
    I was thinking Whisper, but he seems to have already been played before. I will have to think about this one.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The tiny sweeping janitor that Bond and Draco's men pass before meeting the latter in OHMSS?
    Not the janitor and I'm not whistling that tune.
    Not Mr. Hinx.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    "I'm ready for redirection (and discipline) if I break protocols [...] This character appears in one EON film"

Does this mean that the character isn't in an EON Bond film? How else could you 'break protocols' then?

Anyway, I'll go with: Lorenzo (from SPECTRE)
    Not the bartender.
    Not Lorenzo.
    I'm referencing an EON Bond film. My opening comments weren't meant to complicate things, I was expressing my own concerns about doing this activity right. Will stick to the clues from here on out.

Two clues added.