What does people think about the " music " called Dubstep?

MrBondMrBond Station S
edited May 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,044
I am 15 years old, and many many of my friends are listening to the music genre dubstep. And they all are talking about how " deep " and how rich melodies these songs have. And i have tried to listen on few of these songs but just find it annoying with all of the noises that are jammed together.
What do everyone out here think about it?

An example:

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Dubstep has been around for many, many years. When I was 15 (I'm 29 now) I already neew it. It was never my favourite music style but yes, it can be very rich in terms of melody and sound, provided it is well performed. Here is one of my latest obsessions
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/OwF1Xx8Wego?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/OwF1Xx8Wego?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

On a sidenote, I think Ellie Goulding would be a great choice for the Skyfall Bond-theme.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I can enjoy many songs of this style, even if it's not my favorite musical style. :)
    its awful shouldn't even be classed as music. My housemate at uni constantly listened to it and it was awful, I'll stick to real music with real songwriters and real musically instruments

*puts on AC/DC and everything resumes back to normal*
  • I don't listen to much of it, but I do like techno in general so I think I will eventually get into it.
    awful
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 268
    This is how I feel
    baySp.png
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Like @Sandy said, also when I was around my 15/16 years old (27 now), I used to listen a group called ADF (Asian Dub Foundation), which has great fast eletronic beats, I really liked it.

About Skrillex, I think his great. Really liked "First Of The Year" and "Bangarang" tracks. Other dubstep music really cool is "Evilution" from J. Devil (Jonathan Davis from KORN) and Infected Mushroom. Check it out...

xxx
    Dubstep, best enjoyed with some decent earmuffs. :D
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 624
    It sucks and should not be classified as music.

This Skill less, er, Skrillex guy should listen to The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, or Pink Floyd and find out what real music is.
    It sucks and should not be classified as music.

This Skill less, er, Skrillex guy should listen to The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, or Pink Floyd and find out what real music is.

Really? You’re going to call this stuff dreck but promote Pink Floyd? Not the best example if we’re honest as they have contemporary acceptance difficulties of their own. I do agree however that this stuff is just horrible in every single way.
    One man´s music is another man´s noise, that´s a key point in music. The best is simply to not give any attention to music one doesn´t enjoy. So, where´s my Front 242 and ZZ Top?