Daily Mail Article on James Bond

edited May 2012 in News Posts: 643

Comments

• edited May 2012 Posts: 3,494
    I laughed when I noticed Pierce was listed as "Piers Brosnan". Reminds me of the quip in QOS that Bond makes after Fields says she doesn't know who he is. Maybe I'm being a little anal, but who in the blue hell proofreads these things?
    In SF their going to rack up 200 :D
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I find the figures suspect I have to say.
    I would like to see a breakdown of how he arrives at them as surely in the Volcano, Piz Gloria and Liparus battles there are thousands of rounds being discharged all over the shop. Not sure how you could say for sure which rounds were aimed at Bond and which werent.

Also does professor Dent count as he would've fired a shot but for one small miscalculation?

And I know the Mails a crap paper but who writes this garbage - 'his survival his usually down to household objects such as lamps'.

Off the top of my head I can only recall Jaws in TSWLM falling prey to a lamp and even then he needed booting out of the window and still didn't die. Can anyone recall any other lamp based action that would justify this comment?

Maybe the TB PTS or the fight in Saidas dressing room?
    "Survival is usually down to household objects"

Are they thinking about Jason Bourne, because apart from one or two cases Bond has never really used household objects to survive. And he is mostly unarmed? he carries his PPK/P99 pretty much everywhere.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I find the figures suspect I have to say.
    I would like to see a breakdown of how he arrives at them as surely in the Volcano, Piz Gloria and Liparus battles there are thousands of rounds being discharged all over the shop. Not sure how you could say for sure which rounds were aimed at Bond and which werent.

Also does professor Dent count as he would've fired a shot but for one small miscalculation?

And I know the Mails a crap paper but who writes this garbage - 'his survival his usually down to household objects such as lamps'.

Off the top of my head I can only recall Jaws in TSWLM falling prey to a lamp and even then he needed booting out of the window and still didn't die. Can anyone recall any other lamp based action that would justify this comment?

Maybe the TB PTS or the fight in Saidas dressing room?

When Slate rushes out of the room in the Hotel Dessalines fight in QoS, he swings at Bond a few times. Bond then grabs a lamp, smashes it into Slate, and then deflects his next swing and slams him through the doors.