Lockout- Anyone else enjoy it as much as I did?

edited April 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 4,762
I saw the new movie Lockout on Saturday night and I really enjoyed it! It reminded me a lot of a cross between Star Wars, Moonraker, and Die Hard all wrapped up in one amazing, epic movie. The character Snow reminded me of a cross between James Bond and John McClane, which I really liked, especially the former! The action was really good, I was on the edge of my seat practically the entire time! Has anyone else seen this yet and liked it?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I wish I had! I really wanted to a 'The Cabin In The Woods'/'Lockout' double feature, but lucked out on both of them, and haven't really had the time to drop by the local theater and see them. Lockout just looked really enjoyable from all the trailers I saw; if you don't take it too seriously, it would be very entertaining and rewatchable. Was it like that for you, at all?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It looks to me like a copy of Fortress and Timelock. :-? The latter staring Maryam d'Abo.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    When I frist saw the trailer it did remind me alot of "Fortress 2". Then I saw this movie last Friday and realized it's not really like it at all. I thought it was a pretty good movie but it wasn't as awesome as I thought it was going to be. The main character, Snow, is alot like John McClane and the movie reminds me of a cross between Die Hard and Escape From New York/L.A.

@00Beast You should go to the thread I created under General Movies & TV titled Rate the last film you saw in the cinema (No Bond) and give your review of it. I put mine on there as well.
    Kinda looks like Escape From New York in space. I haven't seen it yet but I'm really looking forward to it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I wish I had! I really wanted to a 'The Cabin In The Woods'/'Lockout' double feature, but lucked out on both of them, and haven't really had the time to drop by the local theater and see them. Lockout just looked really enjoyable from all the trailers I saw; if you don't take it too seriously, it would be very entertaining and rewatchable. Was it like that for you, at all?

Well, I took it seriously as I tend to do with all movies, and I was still amazed at its greatness! So much excitment and danger packed into its run-time, and there's rarely a moment to breathe! I highly recommend going to see it, it was pure epicness!
    Bring in more positive reviews! I´m a huge Guy Pearce fan, but I´m not yet convinced I want to see this one.
  • Just dl and watched it. Needed a bit more money spent on it. Guy was on top form.