RUSH

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @00Beast, yes, and yes. I love Foreigner, and Styx definitely has some really catchy songs.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @00Beast, yes, and yes. I love Foreigner, and Styx definitely has some really catchy songs.

I saw them in concert in 2010 in my hometown, those were two of the best nights of my entire life! Foreigner, which is my #1 favorite band, played their newest album "Can't Slow Down", and Styx played their epic 1977 masterpiece "The Grand Illusion" and their 1978 smash "Pieces of Eight."
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Both are great bands... I am seeing Styx with REO Speed wagon and Ted Nugent in July. I hope you can work it out Creasy so you can view a show this year.
    Both are great bands... I am seeing Styx with REO Speed wagon and Ted Nugent in July. I hope you can work it out Creasy so you can view a show this year.

Thanks, as do I. I might let my friend know about it soon, so I can take the earliest cash I receive, buy my ticket, encourage him to do the same, and boom, I have a ride there. I would be in heaven if I saw the beauty that is Rush play right in front of me.

Oh that'll be SWEET! REO Speedwagon is another amazing '70s-'80s classic rock band as well. I love "Take it on the Run" and "Keep on Loving You" in particular.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 784
    ‎"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"

@WillardWhyte: Definitely a favorite Rush song of mine! I love that line too. My friend and I always talk about how trashy, lame, repetetive, and cliched the lyrics are in today's "rap crap/teen music". Then we compare them to Rush's lyrics, which are incredibly insightful and thought provoking, unlike endless repetition of "yo man" or "baby".
    too true Beast, spirit of the Radio has terrific lyrics too. Most of todays stuff is terrible and annoying.
    @WillardWhyte, Freewill is so, so good. I love the lyrics of Closer To The Heart, as well. I already got my tickets for Dave Matthews Band this summer, so I'm hoping to pick up Rush concerts sometime soon, as well.
    My RUSH care package came today!!!

DSC01049.jpg
    upload pictures

Beautiful shirts. My favorite is the grey one with the pink logo.
    that is also my favorite, its the classic RUSH logo. Even the 2012 tour red shirt is cool.
    Yeah, it is. The symbols forming out to the clock look really cool. I might have to pick one up soon.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I only ever had Farewell to Kings (which I bought 'blind' [or should that be deaf - never heard them before] I liked the cover!), and Hemispheres. Loved both. Have recently ordered the fan pack for Clockwork Angles - looking forward to some great music and a good read too! My nephew is a huge Rush fan, sure he's got his ordered too.
    I only ever had Farewell to Kings (which I bought 'blind' [or should that be deaf - never heard them before] I liked the cover!), and Hemispheres. Loved both. Have recently ordered the fan pack for Clockwork Angles - looking forward to some great music and a good read too! My nephew is a huge Rush fan, sure he's got his ordered too.

Farewell to Kings has "Closer to the Heart", which is one of their best! I love that guitar intro which plays of course at the beginning and then later on after the guitar solo. That's one of Lifeson's best for sure.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    00Beast wrote:

Farewell to Kings has "Closer to the Heart", which is one of their best! I love that guitar intro which plays of course at the beginning and then later on after the guitar solo. That's one of Lifeson's best for sure.

Agreed - I think the whole album is awesome, 'Closer to the Heart' one of my fans - just about the upload the Different Stages • live album to my iPod.
  • KenKen
    I have never seen Rush in concert, and feel like I need to mark that off my bucket list before one of them dies :P tickets went on sale today at Ticketfuse.com , anyone else going to Charlotte?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 268
    Woke up just now to the news that Rush has been confirmed for Sweden Rock Festival 2013! It will be the first festival gig 35 years, only festival gig in Europe and the only gig in sweden next year. So effin happy right now!
    that's awesome
    edited June 2012 Posts: 784
    RUSH has released another single from Clockwork Angels.......

I present to you...Clockwork Angles.....How awesome is this? This is what is wrong with today's youth....they aren't listening to kick ass music like this ( they think rap and hip hop is the key...lol)

@WillardWhyte: How right you are, such a shame that today's youth is foregoing the greatest music ever made, classic rock. I'd even take those who only know the songs from Guitar Hero or Rock Band, I mean, that's how I got started into classic rock, with Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock. It had "Barracuda", "Slow Ride", "Hit Me with Your Best Shot", "Rock and Roll All Nite", "Sunshine of Your Love", "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll", "Same Old Song and Dance", and so forth. Pretty soon I expanded rapidly into better bands and their lesser known music as my tastest developed. Just a real shame that teens today think that saying "Yo man" and "Swagg" and "Like a boss", and wearing ridiculous clothing are going to get them anywhere. Yeah right! Thank goodness we've still got Rush around to help us undo the brainwashing that is already taking place.
    They should force kids to listen to this so they know what real music is.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited June 2012 Posts: 2,629
    It wouldn't do any good. They wouldn't be able to understand a song that doesn't have "yo", at least one curse word, "baby", a sample of another song, or boobie/bootie shaking in it.
    finally listed to the new album.....it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

recommended to all

Seeing RUSH tonight at 7:30......so pumped!!!!!!!
    Nice article/ interview with Geddy Lee about being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/geddy-lee-on-rushs-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-well-show-up-smiling-20121211

Congratulations to Alex, Geddy and Neil!!!! A group that has stood the test of time by still making kick ass music!!!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited December 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Wow! I'd never thought I'd see this day. Long overdue for Rush.

Glad to see Heart and Donna Summer (sadly a year too late) going in as well.

Randy Newman on the other hand...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Kerim wrote:
    Wow! I'd never thought I'd see this day. Long overdue for Rush.

Glad to see Heart and Donna Summer (sadly a year too late) going in as well.

Randy Newman on the other hand...

This is my childhood:

Randy Newman is a legend in my eyes.
  • Kerim wrote:
    It wouldn't do any good. They wouldn't be able to understand a song that doesn't have "yo", at least one curse word, "baby", a sample of another song, or boobie/bootie shaking in it.

Not to mention the pants barely covering their crotch and their ass crack sticking out. Do I really need to see this? Ever hear Offspring's "Pretty Fly For A White Guy"? These are modern posers, not much different than the short haired guys in the 80's who thought if they went to a metal club wearing a leather jacket they would get our hot girls. They would get summarily shot down and then when they got smart they got ejected. They wouldn't know good music if it hit them upside the head. And most of them who don't live in the ghetto would not give up their cushy little suburban lives to live there. Drive by? They'd shit their pants and run home to Mommy.

They should force kids to listen to this so they know what real music is.

Yes......this is a statement that I applaud with great enthusiasm! I would love to tie down several of these hip-hop, "swagg", Bieberized and Taylor Swiftized children and force them to listen to "Limelight", "Spirit of Radio", "Freewill", "Tom Sawyer", "Closer to the Heart", "Working Man", "New World Man", "Red Barchetta", "YYZ", "Subdivisions", "The Trees", and "2112 Overture/The Temple of Syrinx", all on repeat three times each! They will forever be changed in their music tastes! (and maybe Geddy's high-pitched voice will knock out the trash they've stored up in their head for too long!)