"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Good luck to Ireland tonight!!
    Good luck to Denmark!
    Good luck to Ireland..i might actually watch this rather then England v Brazil tonight.
    Oh, no.
    Bugger,i missed it !!
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 17,333
    YESYESYES!!!
    ----
    Again! Brilliant comeback!
    YESYESYES!!!
    ----

Bollocks...what a cock up.

Lets just hope Erikson gets injured so he cant play against Arsenal on Saturday morning.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    YESYESYES!!!
    ----

Bollocks...what a cock up.

Lets just hope Erikson gets injured so he cant play against Arsenal on Saturday morning.

Or that Eriksen does scoring/assisting enough for some months in this match – just in time for Saturday!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Well England have parked the Bus at Wembley it's riveting, England's midfield is a worry we have very little in that area
    Well England have parked the Bus at Wembley it's riveting, England's midfield is a worry we have very little in that area

Are England playing a 5-3-2 formation?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Yeah sitting deep to be fair Brazil are not getting behind England's back line, England just don't have the players to keep any kind of possession.
    1-3!

Yeah sitting deep to be fair Brazil are not getting behind England's back line, England just don't have the players to keep any kind of possession.

Must be a boring game. In a friendly you would expect something.
    Well I don't see the point of watching either match now..ones boring and the other one might turn into a Danish rout ,they are totally controlling the game.

Just like Sweden last night,well done Denmark,see you in Russia..(either team would knock England out tbh next year atm ).
    1-4! Eriksen again!
    At work shortly so I'll miss the end of England's game, our best bet against teams like Brazil are set pieces
    1-4! Eriksen again!

Oh dear oh dear...class vs a pub team.
    Pick up an injury Erikson,you shit !!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    1-4! Eriksen again!

Oh dear oh dear...class vs a pub team.
    Pick up an injury Erikson,you shit !!

I'm not looking forward to Saturday's game... Arsenal could do with a player like that with the creative force of the team eying a City future.

That being said, Alex Iwobi had a great game playing against Argentina earlier, scoring twice.
    Penalty Denmark! Bendtner tackled!
    And he scores! The Lord make it 1-5! :D

So ends the game. Denmark join Sweden and Iceland in the World Cup! Congratulations!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    So much for the home nations.

Cheer up fellas you can always support England.
    So much for the home nations.

Cheer up fellas you can always support England.

At least for the group phase.
    5-1 even Bendtner scored.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    vzok wrote: »
    5-1 even Bendtner scored.

Lovely stuff.
    Well, that at least secures one Norwegian in the World Cup. Danmark coach Åge Hareide.
    TIM Cahill will lead the line for Australia as one of four changes to the team to face Honduras for a spot in the 2018 World Cup at a sold out Stadium Australia.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 19,339
    POST DIDNT WORK.
    jobo wrote: »
    Well, that at least secures one Norwegian in the World Cup. Danmark coach Åge Hareide.

Great for Åge Hareide, this. From success at Malmö to success with the Danish national team. Looks like the way Denmark are playing brings the best out of Eriksen as well, which will be an important factor next year.
    Congrats to Denmark on reaching the World Cup finals!!
    Australia are into the World Cup finals.

The World Cup finals wouldn't be the same without Australia. :)

I hope we get a weak group like England in it. :)

556d5af461c3eaa14c436ddd999f827a
    Don't know if I want to see the early kick-off today...