"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

thats what concerns me..especially Stones....he scares the hell out of me whenver he has the ball..
    2-0 !!!!

At the end of the day you cant knock quality ...sod off Scotland !!!
  • Yeah Stones has miskes in him he fails to get the basics right, well timed second Scotland were getting close.
    Scotland actually remind me of us against a better team...all these chances but the better side have moments of quality and win...its the 3points that matters,sod the performance..
  • I give Southgate benefit of doubt early days for him, though our passing has been poor. Good to see England clinical when it mattered that's a plus.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Thats a BIG plus....that is all that counts....3-0 !!!!!...more more more more !!!!

Put them to the sword England !!!!
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Bye bye Scotland they can't deal with crossess, England to hit 5 ;))
  • What the hell was Sterling doing just then
    It's class,and 3 quality goals........so far he he ...happy days !!!
  • Scotland there for taking now, is there a friendly with Spain mid week? I can never understand a friendly after a qualifier, it would make sense to have the friendly first as a warm up game.
    Yep....Tuesday i think...its to do with the scheduling...some matches that night are friendlies and some are WC qualifiers..but we HAVE to play on that day,regardless of the Premier League coming back on Saturday !..bloody FIFA again...if its not the EU its FIFA....scum the lot of them.
    Comfortable now...for once haha
  • Had to go to work, decent win in the end I say give Southgate the job assuming he wants it.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 19,339
    I agree,at least he showed passion when we scored..like it meant something to him...we have been bereft of that for many years.
  • I think England is a top ten side at a push, at this point with the players we have I am not sure it really matters who comes in as manager. Just seems daft to pay millions on someone else when Southgate is already amongst it now, he will be better than Roy I think like you say Gareth is showing passion.
    Gareth is proven to have a hi IQ...so i think its worth a try...he only used one sub as well..
  • I noticed that regarding his intelligence, he handles the press very well and is very articulate.
    Fingers crossed old pal....we will get to the WC but God help us when we get there...he needs a plan A B C & D..
  • My expectations with England after the European Championship debacle is so low now, I would be happy for England to just look like they were trying in a World Cup group game and I would be happy :)
    all we can do is get there and see if any new players have come through....out of the team tonight,i hate to say it being a Gooner,but the 2 Scum wing backs played well,and Lallana was a deserved man of the match...thats about it.
  • Spurs and Liverpool are carrying the team I hate to say, my concern long term is lack of depth at center back where historically England are usually strong.
    Middlesbrough are building their season on that,they look to be our best hope...defensively they are damn good....and English.
  • Be good to see some center backs coming through, Middlesborough did well away at City Karanka seems to know what he is doing.
    exactly ,even my team,Arsenal,couldnt get past them at the Emirates....!!...iwould use them in the friendly against Spain,for about 30 mins....
  • We desperately need a Butcher or Adams type of player
    So mexico beat the US in the football qualifications for the next WC in Russia, guess that is somewhat funny.
    Looking good England,looking good !!
  • Alas working so will catch highlights later.
    I cant believe itv just bent over a table and pulled their pants down at half time,and spent 15 minutes talking about Spain and hardly jack-shit about England....pricks.
    2-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!