AVTAK - too soon for Dalton?

13»

Comments

Skip Dalton altogether??

Get. Out.

This.

I like Brosnan, he was great, but he's got nothin on Dalton.
  • Skip Dalton altogether??

Get. Out.

This.

I think Dalton was way too serious and emotional to be the bond I see in my head. Although I think he's a terrific actor and is probably great if you prefer a more serious Bond character, to me he lacks elegance, humour, charm, cool. And he was quite a crybaby. I like his acting in Hot Fuzz, where he is more cool like Moore.

He should have been more cool and should have chased more mad laser using villains.
    Skip Dalton altogether??

Get. Out.

This.

I think Dalton was way too serious and emotional to be the bond I see in my head. Although I think he's a terrific actor and is probably great if you prefer a more serious Bond character, to me he lacks elegance, humour, charm, cool. And he was quite a crybaby. I like his acting in Hot Fuzz, where he is more cool like Moore.

He should have been more cool and should have chased more mad laser using villains.

I wouldn't say the villians should have lasers, but maybe his films could've done with a bit more humour, but he's still my favourite bond. I think he was cool though, bond has never been cooler than in LTK. I love Hot Fuzz btw.
  • Ok.
  • AVTAK would have been the perfect time for Dalton. I only wish he had been in AVTAK and one or two more films after LTK.
  • AVTAK would not have been too soon for Dalts. He was the right age, and I think it could have helped with his popularity as Bond. It's a shame he didn't get more films as 007
    I would like to see him in more Bond films, but only if they were made in 1991 and 1993.
  • I think, in terms of the politics involving Dalton taking on the role in 1986 instead of Brosnan and Brosnan reinvigorating people's interest in the film series once he finally got it, yes. It was too soon for Dalton to take over. If he did take the role in 1984, the film would've done better in terms of box office sales as people would've liked to see the new guy.

Then, if Living Daylights stayed a PG and Dalton received the same praise for AVTAK like he did with his actual first film, that could've gone on to still earn the same if not a bit more positive results commerically and critically and the general public might have been more generious towards him. Then he wouldn't suffer such backlash once his next film hit the pictures.

I'm not sure how this will affect the series in terms of longevity as Brosnan not getting the role back in the 80's and finally taking over in 1994 played a large part in keeping the series alive. Although I certainly would've loved to have an ultimate edition DVD boxset of Dalton with those three films along with one more in 1991 on my cabinet shelf.
  • 4, no scratch that, 5 Dalton films from 1985 to 1993 would have been even better :D
    What if it was Dalton , Cilla Presley and Bowie.......could've happened ;)