Bond Girl Candidates

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited March 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,380
Actresses and models who screentested for a Bond Girl role in "Skyfall" are starting to come forward...

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_bond_girl_casting1.php3

Jessica Gomes
jessica_gomes.jpg

Nicole Trunfio
nicole_trunfio.jpg

Comments

• edited March 2012 Posts: 645
    Double Oh Fail...
    Not a fan of these girls above...

How about Olga's sister ?? If she has one?? or maybe a cousin? hahaha
    bond-girls10012008007.jpg
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @jolearon

i cannot understand those who don't think Olga is hot..

would i like to wake up to that every morning?.... umm - YES PLEASE! lol
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The thing is, QoS did very little to make use of Olga's good looks. That's not to say she didn't look attractive because IMO she was but ordinarily she looks a lot better than how she was made to look in QoS.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    minus the burn scares on her back - i thought she was still hot in QOS..

of course my natural attraction to girls of latin descent probably aided in that lol..... - i know she isn't latin, but she did a great job playing one :)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Trunfio is too skinny for my taste.
    Gomes on the other hand is very attractive. She's a model though, so I guess she couldn't handle the role she auditioned for, but I wouldn't mind seeing her in a minor eye-candy role.

HASEROT wrote:
    I bet the burn scars were also very hot once...
    (Well, someone had to tell that joke :P)
    gt007 wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:
    I bet the burn scars were also very hot once...
    (Well, someone had to tell that joke :P)

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Okay kids, this isn't a discussion about Olga, let's keep this one on the topic of the Bond girl candidates for Skyfall.
    Having looked at the two lovelies above, I think EON made the best choice. Though Jessica Gomes would certainly be one for closer inspection. ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm sure we can lick them into shape for Bond24. :P
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2722

At least this thread was replied to!
    Jessica Gomes yes, the other girl. NO.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 2,598
    Thank God that Australian model, Jessica Gomes didn't get the part. She looks about 12 years old. I wonder which Eon/Sony person/people travelled to Korea for her audition.
    jolearon wrote:
    Double Oh Fail...
    Not a fan of these girls above...

How about Olga's sister ?? If she has one?? or maybe a cousin? hahaha
    bond-girls10012008007.jpg

I'd be up for this Bond girl in a 007 flick if she can act. Very beautiful. She has just the look I love - beautiful, cute, glamorous and exotic looking.

Bounine wrote:
    I'd be up for this Bond girl in a 007 flick if she can act. Very beautiful. She has just the look I love - beautiful, cute, glamorous and exotic looking.
    I can't tell if you're joking or not, but this is Olga Kurylenko. ;)
  • Olga, I'm chilly over here...come and keep your comrade warm. We'll get busy as a :bz

I didn't care for the Romanian girl, but the Aussies are hot too :x
    007_Matt wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    I can't tell if you're joking or not, but this is Olga Kurylenko. ;)

Good Lord! No, I wasn't joking. What an idiot I must be! LOL. I thought Olga looked very attractive in QOS (one of the best looking Bond girls) but she would have looked even better if they had have made her up for the film. I know her part didn't call for it though.

I loved how she never waxed lyrical in pre QOS interviews about how the Bond girl she was playing was different and could stand up for herself, bla, bla, bla...

• Olga and Stana Katic are much better looking than they appeared in QOS. Gemma too. I wonder why the CR women were allowed to be so much more glamourous than the QOS crew. Someone over at EON thinks women are attractive with short hair, to me I feel just the opposite.
    Is Stana Katic the girl at the end of QOS with Vesper's ex.?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Bounine wrote:
    Is Stana Katic the girl at the end of QOS with Vesper's ex.?

Yes, that's her.
    Thanks.

"Someone over at EON thinks women are attractive with short hair, to me I feel just the opposite."

Olga would have looked even better in QOS without the fringe. I'm not really into fringes on females. In many cases, I think it makes the woman look less attractive.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Olga and Stana Katic are much better looking than they appeared in QOS. Gemma too. I wonder why the CR women were allowed to be so much more glamourous than the QOS crew. Someone over at EON thinks women are attractive with short hair, to me I feel just the opposite.

Anything against women having short hair? Do women need long hair otherwise they are no longer sexy or feminine?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Olga Kurylenko was very ugly in QOS. A complete insult to Bond girls. If there's any Bond girl that doesn't deserve her title, it's Camille... She was an absolute horror. I can't even call Camille a Bond girl because she looks so ugly and horrible....
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Here we go...
    Olga Kurylenko was very ugly in QOS. A complete insult to Bond girls. If there's any Bond girl that doesn't deserve her title, it's Camille... She was an absolute horror. I can't even call Camille a Bond girl because she looks so ugly and horrible....

Oh, please (:| ...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2012 Posts: 4,444
    In 2014 it is 6 years since QOS and we will see how much she/her chacter grow in Bond 24. This is how she look like earlier this year

95f2cbd1-0d13-4420-b6db-448e4e481a6fHiRes.JPG

Olga+Kurylenko+HBO+Post+2012+Golden+Globe+G3RDdbWeJiNl.jpg
    More of this http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/wPDdrF_nUtF/Weinstein+Company+2012+Golden+Globe+Awards/sV5CFi20D-g/Olga+Kurylenko

This is how she look like with Jeffrey Dean Morgan (the Bardem look a like)
    Starzs-Magic-City-best-seen-and-not-heard-5P18Q6QP-x-large.jpg
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Sandy wrote:
    Olga and Stana Katic are much better looking than they appeared in QOS. Gemma too. I wonder why the CR women were allowed to be so much more glamourous than the QOS crew. Someone over at EON thinks women are attractive with short hair, to me I feel just the opposite.

Anything against women having short hair? Do women need long hair otherwise they are no longer sexy or feminine?

I guess I hit a nerve. I do not find women with short hair in general to be nearly as attractive as one with longer hair. That does not mean that a woman with short hair cannot be attractive to some men, it just means I find those cuts to be unflattering. I particularly do not like very short above the ear cuts, those remind me of a poodle after it has been shaved. Of course, a woman is entitled to style her hair the way she wishes. My hair was as long as Jessica Gomes for many years until older age snuck in and forced me to cut it short or face looking like David Crosby. Some women love long haired men, others do not. It is just opinion and everyone is entitled to that, no?

Sandy wrote:

I guess I hit a nerve. I do not find women with short hair in general to be nearly as attractive as one with longer hair. That does not mean that a woman with short hair cannot be attractive to some men, it just means I find those cuts to be unflattering. I particularly do not like very short above the ear cuts, those remind me of a poodle after it has been shaved. Of course, a woman is entitled to style her hair the way she wishes. My hair was as long as Jessica Gomes for many years until older age snuck in and forced me to cut it short or face looking like David Crosby. Some women love long haired men, others do not. It is just opinion and everyone is entitled to that, no?

I respect your opinion. And I'm glad you gave an explanation to your opinion. I generally don't find men with long hair attractive, but some men look better with long hair than short. Let me tell you a story about women with long hair being more attractive than with short hair. I was 16 and I was cast as the main character in a school play, a women takes two lovers while her husband is in India in the, XV century comedy. I had short hair at the time (and have it now again) but as I was going to wear a headpiece it would not be a problem. After several rehearsals the teacher encharged decided that she wanted the main character to have a braid, because "long hair made women more atractive", and that she was putting another girl in the role due to her hair. No false modesty here, I have always had a very elegant figure, classic face features,... but I had short hair. The other girl had a waist larger than her hips (she had to put safety pins to close the dress), no arse anywhere to be seen, and a face worthy of a pig , but she had long hair. Who do you think was more attractive?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Based on the above, if I had been the teacher, I would have gotten you the braid :)>-

The point for me is when I look at Olga and Stana with and without longer hair, I will choose and be attracted to the longer hair every time. It's not a body question, which is another question entirely. We are talking different style and length of hair on the same body. I like both better with longer hair.

Based on the above, if I had been the teacher, I would have gotten you the braid :)>-

I think considering the end result of the play, the teacher must have thought the same thing (although she would never admit it).
    The point for me is when I look at Olga and Stana with and without longer hair, I will choose and be attracted to the longer hair every time. It's not a body question, which is another question entirely. We are talking different style and length of hair on the same body. I like both better with longer hair.

The problem with both Olga's and Stana's hair in QoS is not the lenght but the style, which is terribly dated! Not the kind of haircut or hairstyle a modern woman would use at all. I don't know who the responsible for their hair was but he/she should be fired for doing something like that in this day and age!
  • I could not agree more with firing the hair stylist in QOS. Did they put a bowl on Stana's head and cut the hair past it or what?

The picture above with Olga and Jeffrey Morgan will probably give you some insight into what my eyes see. That length is about as short as I prefer, touching her lower neck and shoulders. I will give you a perhaps even better example. Carey Lowell when she meets Dalton was fine- after she buys clothes :-q