Is Horatio Caine of 'CSI:Miami' the most cliched lead character? Or is he the ultimate bad-ass ?

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited March 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 15,691
I don't know what took me, but I decided to watch a couple episodes if CSI Miami... First off all I must say the show is quite horrible, IMO.

But what was the most intriguing is the lead character, Horatio Caine.

Is he the most cliched, annoying lead character ever ? I find hilarious his frequent scenes of slowly taking off his shades, putting his hands on his hips or saying some nonsensical line with a damn slow and serious delivery like he was spastic...

Or, is he the most misunderstood bad-ass in history ? This show has lasted 10 years, so there must be something to keep it running so long... Are people tuning in to laugh at Horatio, or does the audience find him captivating ?

Sometimes I wonder if the actor, David Caruso, is the ultimate troll and he phones it in and sleepwalk through every episode on purpose.

Comments

• Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited March 2012 Posts: 543
    But what was the most intriguing is the lead character, Horatio Caine.

Is he the most cliched, annoying lead character ever ? I find hilarious his frequent scenes of slowly taking off his shades, putting his hands on his hips or saying some nonsensical line with a damn slow and serious delivery like he was spastic...

I've always found it pretty funny because he seems serious in those scene, and I like CSI:Miami. Actually, I was reminded of this:

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Horrible show, gut wrenching acting. Horatio may be the most hilarious television character going currently who is funny without meaning to. Kudos to Jim for yet another brilliant impression. =))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8PmMYxpYfXnpSMBJCX_BLu9erfG-A5hv9oNmQX_sMcnMAZPmM

Personally, I think he's just trying to be cool to compensate for the fact that he's a...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIniaxScVBAf-yxl1yxapcTu9gjTwgHoN6NoQBKzmflEjlSG8H

...ginger.

YEEEEAAAAHHH!!!

raw
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

LMAO!
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 128
    Funniest scene in this show is where Caruso discovers a bomb in a car that was set to go off in 5 minutes or something. So he drives the car through traffic literally across Miami so it can explode on a beach (and he can deliver a cheesy one liner as it explodes):

^Coolest car explosion I think I've ever scene, lamest man/line I ever want to see.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,691
    So there's a bomb in the car he drives, yet he takes the time to take off his sunglasses before getting out, only to put them back on while walking away ?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So there's a bomb in the car he drives, yet he takes the time to take off his sunglasses before getting out, only to put them back on while walking away ?
    Like I said, it is sooooo badly acted and written. It is a meme now, and can't be stopped. It has turned from cool the first time to funny the 100th time to annoying onwards.
    I gotta say I love CSI Miami because of its cheeziness. Has anyone noticed that each episode has a color theme?
    Yeah, he's pretty cliched character. But that's the reason why we watch the show.
    Hasn't CSI: Miami gotten a lot worse in the later seasons? The first few seasons were quite decent, IMO, but the last two-three has been horrible in comparison. I still tune in to see Horatio, but find the rest of the cast being quite bad.
    The best reason is Eva la Rue8-}

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0130191/
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    SharkBait wrote:
    Yeah, he's pretty cliched character. But that's the reason why we watch the show.

I'll go along with this. You either love or hate Carsuo. The first couple of seasons were good, up there with Csi. And the last couple of seasons were surprisingly good.