Feeling part of Bond Universe

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited March 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,635
This whole Bond thing is amazing. The movies, the cars, the girls the action itself and the espionage is what made Bond being here fo those great 50 years of complete action. I've been part of it since 95 with GE, and recently with TSWLM (looking forward to see Dr No and FRWL soon).
How could bond be here for like 50 years? How could it be this huge success? How can it still make success? How can it be so powerful? Is it a magic? What does make BOND so powerful? This is amazing, no movie series has been so great, literally, as 007 is.
There are fan fictions, fan movies, Home-made movies such as Nobody Lives Forever or this short 'school project' called Black And Gold, the remakes of the games, and much more inspirations in Various movies out there also. How does Bond has that kind of influence? What is this magnificent power he has to make such things? BOND Games that has a theme song and an Original story, this is wonderful.

How do YOU feel about being part of Bond's universe? how do YOU feel about staying informed about Skyfall's making of? And finally, how do YOU feel about being a fan of the world's best and greatest secret agent?

Comments

• DB5DB5
    I'm 56 years old, I literally grew up with James Bond. I vividly remember all the boys in third grade talking about "Goldfinger" in 1965. Saw "Dr. No" and "From Russia With Love" as a double feature in the summer of '65, then "Thunderball" that December. I've seen every Bond movie since. And then of course all the years that I've seen them on tv, beginning in the '70s on ABC. And to think that to some I'm actually a young Bond fan, as there existed a group of adults who became fans of the character from the novels in the 1950's! Yes, we Bond fans are an interesting group; both sexes, all ages, all races and nationalities. Our common characteristic, a fierce devotion to the greatest character of all time, James Bond!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited March 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Exactly! It's just something we can't explain, we just love 007 and that's it!

I am 18. I grew up like Until 5 years ago on my class talkin' about James Bond.. My classmates were so bored about that, lol.. "James Bond is amazing" "The Aston Martin is wonderful" "That Bond girl is so hot" "James Bond here", "James Bond there", but the thing i met at the epoch was just so fantastic, and it keeps growing in me. In each of us!
    There is a duplicate thread almost identical to this for what it's worth

I remember vividly being part of it only weeks ago even

In any event, once again, been a long standing Bond fan, longer than most on here, with all due respect, seen all the movies of course, attended the releases, gained a lot of knowledge on the subject and seen the actors come and go

James Bond is not for everyone, for the handful of people that share an interest there will be countless others who wouldn't be interested at all. We are all a select group of individuals, small but significant nonetheless. Is it bigger today than it was at any stage in the past though? , hard to answer really, Craig seems a good choice with many, and the recent releases have done well at the box office so it would seem as healthy today as any point in the past we could make reference to when Bond was big and popular and people will continue to turn up and watch so long as Bond is available. It's a small club (007) on this lonely planet, but one recognized the world over and tailored to all ages quite possibly throughout the years. It's been going strong for a half century and can't see it sinking away any time soon, James Bond would appear to be a mainstay for some years to come
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I hope i'll be alive when Bond hit it's 100 years.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,949
    That's a scary thought I quite often have. After I'm dead and gone, I'll miss all the awesome future Bond movies. The sole reason we need an anti-aging pill.
    Nobody really wants to live forever

Imagine like it's this time 13,000 years from now and we're still here and talking about all the Bond releases that have come out in that time and they're all as bad as Die Another Day or something

I think the 22 or so Bond releases we have now is ample filling for a Bond forum and discussions purposes
  • DB5DB5
    I don't think they'll still be making James Bond movies in 2062. Even Superman and Batman aren't even that old today!
  • Interesting post - I sometimes wonder how much Bond is a part of a 13-year old guy's world now compared to when I was that age.

I first became aware of Bond when there was a double-feature of GF and DAF on TV on Sunday afternoon when I was 12. This would have been roughly 1981. I still remember all the guys running up to each other in the schoolyard the next day, breathlessly asking "DID YOU SEE THOSE FILMS YESTERDAY?!" I had never seen guys my age be so excited by anything other than Star Wars (this would have been just after The Empire Strikes Back came out).

There are a couple of factors that led to guys my age being such huge Bond fans. When we saw GF and DAF they were unlike anything we had ever seen before. That made a huge impression, and the films were not that old at the time - this was only 10 years after DAF came out, and 17 since GF. To put that in perspective, DAF was no more dated to us then than Spiderman or DAD is to someone now. Likewise, GF was a bit dated but not enough to seem "old" - it was as old to us then as GE or Se7en is now.

The second factor was how Bond was so much bigger, percentage-wise, to our lives back then. Many of my friends didn't have cable TV (!) so they only got 3 channels. Those of us who had cable only received 12 channels, and there was no internet and no one I knew owned a VCR. Your only choice to see a film was to see it in a theatre, or then wait until it came on TV - sometimes a couple of years later if it was a popular film. And then, if you missed it the night it was on TV you couldn't see it for a few more months. So films seemed far more "special" back then and seeing one was an "event". So we didn't have the near limitless choices to watch whatever we wanted back then. But they would show a Bond film on TV every few weeks. So these films that were so cool were shown over and over again at the time when we wanted to see them most. So that really cemented our fandom.

I would say that when I was between the ages of 12 and 15 pretty much every guy my age wasn't just a Bond fan but a HUGE Bond fan. I can only imagine what it was like in the 60s! I don't think that Bond will ever mean so much to such a huge percentage of guys ever again, but you can never tell how pop culture goes. Who knew that Sherlock Holmes would be in two very successful films at the same time as a critically-acclaimed (and very popular) TV series over a hundred years on? I think that Bond will be as immortal as Holmes.
  • I recently (Last year) got hooked on the series. The best part is when I walk around I pretend like I am Bond (I know it's chilish but it is fun), and the worst part is I know it drives some of my friends nuts when I go on my, "Dalton is so underrated" rant.
    I may remember walking around thinking I was James Bond going back far enough, but was most likely six years old at the time and even then it was a very brief period in time, as in that it soon wore off and reality took over. Nothing wrong in that as all kids invariably go through a stage in early life where fantasies and role play come to the fore, it's only a matter of time before we neglect the idea and move on though
  • I may remember walking around thinking I was James Bond going back far enough, but was most likely six years old at the time and even then it was a very brief period in time, as in that it soon wore off and reality took over. Nothing wrong in that as all kids invariably go through a stage in early life where fantasies and role play come to the fore, it's only a matter of time before we neglect the idea and move on though
    Good point. If anything it is more of confidence boost to feel like 007. In reality I know I am fighting Blofeld, and Jill Masterson is not waiting for me at home.

Imagine like it's this time 13,000 years from now and we're still here and talking about all the Bond releases that have come out in that time and they're all as bad as Die Another Day or something

Nothing takes that long time - except for God, the Earth, and its natures, obviously - imagine Bond having 10k years. it's impossible, someday the creativity will be gone. But while it's here, Bond is going to be amazing. Bond has entered to the history, i've even seen quotations of him at Geography books i read at school.
    Also, no way that Bond will be forgotten so soon. Maybe Bond just need to hit 30, 40, or even 50 movies to make it a great historic thing.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,949
    deleted