The Deleted Scenes Thread

Comments

^ Even if they used previously shot footage, Christensen would still have to be paid. I think EON would prefer to never have to give that man any more money for the comments he said
  • RC7RC7
    bondbat007 wrote:
    ^ Even if they used previously shot footage, Christensen would still have to be paid. I think EON would prefer to never have to give that man any more money for the comments he said

They'll never use that footage in a future film so it's fine.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    He was misquoted, so I'd bank of a return of White one day.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=8336&catid=4&t
    Wow I don't remember reading that. I hope that's true though
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Indeed. He's by far the best villain of the franchise since.. Sean Bean. So he can take my money any day to come back! I'd love B24 to have a cat/mouse chase with him and Bond accross the world, and then at the end reveal the Quantum boss. B25 would consist of Craig killing White, and the boss, and be the most bad ass Bond film ever made.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Indeed. He's by far the best villain of the franchise since.. Sean Bean. So he can take my money any day to come back! I'd love B24 to have a cat/mouse chase with him and Bond accross the world, and then at the end reveal the Quantum boss. B25 would consist of Craig killing White, and the boss, and be the most bad ass Bond film ever made.
    Agreed. Though White really has a small screentime in the CR-QoS timeline and quite an ambiguous position in Quantum as of yet, he is still a very good villain. There isn't too much screentime for White to show this off, but we can see assuredly that White is very smart and tactical. My favorite example that showcases White's capabilities is at the Quantum meeting during Tosca in Bregenz (QoS). When Bond crashes the party all the members conspicuously get up and flood out, while White stays seated incognito and we have a great shot where we see him in the foreground and in the background we have Bond exiting up the stairs unbenounced to White's presence in the Opera House. I've always loved that scene, and it's one of the best in QoS, along with Bond meeting Greene and his boys to beautifully bombastic music that cuts to silence, and of course Bond's meeting with Yusef. What makes it even better is White's big finisher: "I guess Tosca isn't for everyone." ;)
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 5,745
    ^Agreed. Quantum becomes better exponentially towards its finish, and Mr. White shines thorughout both QoS and CR. I enjoy him in moderation, it makes him more menacing. When you think of the opera scene, and even the hotel sequence, its very well done. Even the editing improves for the action during the hotel sequence. Uncomfortably, the two are separated with an 'okay' plane sequence, but I don't mind it too much. Even there the editing is better*.

I feel that people only seem to remember the first 30 minutes of Quantum, and that's where they judge their opinion of it. Yet, the second 2/3'ds of the film have a lovely Bond finish to them, and are very enjoyable. I'd say the opera sequence is the most Bondian thing Craig has had as of yet. The subtle action, blaring (and beautiful) score, smooth editing, and a bad ass, 'I could care less' Bond that Craig pulls off so well on the roof with the Special Branch agent.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    He's a great actor. See him in The Debt if you haven't already. I hope he returns.
    I just read a fascinating article regarding a deleted scene from Goldfinger which was, at one point, put on Youtube, and then quickly removed by United Artists and company who were not happy with this theft of their hidden deleted scene. The following is a link to the site where someone typed out the script to this scene, since they were lucky enough to have viewed it on Youtube before it was banned.

http://goarticles.com/articles/Goldfinger-Bond-Film-s-Deleted-Scene/1465964/
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    00Beast wrote:
    I just read a fascinating article regarding a deleted scene from Goldfinger which was, at one point, put on Youtube, and then quickly removed by United Artists and company who were not happy with this theft of their hidden deleted scene. The following is a link to the site where someone typed out the script to this scene, since they were lucky enough to have viewed it on Youtube before it was banned.

http://goarticles.com/articles/Goldfinger-Bond-Film-s-Deleted-Scene/1465964/

Odd enough, the article is gone ;)
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,630
    http://cinemaroll.com/action/goldfinger-youtube-highlights-deleted-scene-from-james-bond-classic/

Recently, a lost scene deleted from the final cut of “Goldfinger” made it to YouTube, only to be pulled after the film’s owners, United Artists, complained. The rediscovered scene is a brief two-minutes in lenth, and featured CIA Agent Felix Leiter, rather than James Bond.
    Scene Made Movie More Plausible

The deleted scene, long-sought as the Goldfinger “explanation” scene has been missing for many years. The film’s director, Guy Hamilton, originally fought to include the scene in the final cut since it explained one of the film’s important turning points, missing from the film itself: How did they convince all the fair citizens of Fort Knox, Kentucky to go along with the high risk strategy, central to the film’s resolution, in such a disciplined fashion. Well, it turns out the CIA agent, Leither, had quite a hand in making it all work as the scene suggests.

The ”lost” scene was filmed on location in April, 1963, at the Fort Knox, Kentucky Civic Center. The building was able to accommodate over 2,000 extras for the dramatic turning point. Very expensive for its day, it’s no wonder that Hamilton fought to save the scene. Although brief in duration, it is large and complex in scope. In a later interview, Hamiltion explained why this section was cut over his objections.

“They thought that the scene made Leither too much the hero. They kept saying the scene made Bond look like an English Barney Fife because Bond got himself handcuffed to the bomb while Felix Leither organizes the town to save him. I had no bloody idea who Barney Fife was at that time,” Hamilton said.
    Read more in Action
    « Contract Killers
    When Cowboys Were King: History Channel 2006 »

The dialog, reproduced below, is transcribed from the deleted scene. As it begins, Leither is finishing some sort of presentation to the town’s population. He is using a clunky overhead projector on a small stage while dignitaries sit on folding chairs across a skirted dais. The camera points upward toward him from behind the (naturally agitated)audience. Leither is wiping his forehead with a hankerchief as the scene begins.
    Felix

(concluding the presentation, we see a ”radiation” graphic on the screen behind him)

..so, that’s about it. We need everyone to fall to the ground and pretend you’re dead at around 10:04 tomorrow morning. Your cue will be the sound of some aerial crop dusters flying overhead.
    Mayor

(standing)

But, that’s impossible, there’s over 16,000 people in this town…
    Felix

Difficult, but not impossible.
    Townsperson #1

But, what if we’re walking down the street or driving a car?
    Felix

It’s important not to be driving or walking…just plan ahead. We will stage some car crashes to be realistic. I plan to drive my car into a tree with my head hanging out the window…it’s a good effect.
    Townsperson #2

But, what about the nuclear bomb! You mean we’re going to let them drive a nuclear bomb into the middle of town! What about our children? I want to get out here…
    Townsperson #3

You can’t leave, they’ve closed all the roads and the highway, too. They won’t let anyone out.
    A Voice

What! No! You can’t hold us…
    Mayor

Now, now, everyone settle down, those are just road improvements. The roads out of town will just be closed for a short while…
    Townsperson #4

And what about our phones? None of them work!

(The room explodes in excited conversation.)
    Felix

(loudly, over the confusion)

Those are just…phone improvements. C’mon everybody, this is as good of a plan that we could come up with on short notice. It’s just a few minutes out of your day. Just make a note to yourself, at 10:04: fall down and play dead. It’s child’s play. But, listen folks, this is your town, not mine.
    A Doctor

Do we all need to foam at the mouth? I can make up some home-made foam for anyone who wants it.
    Felix

That’s the spirit! It’s the details, people. Americans are “can do” people.

(People in the audience begin to settle down)
    Young Woman

(walks to the front)

Tell me about this British Secret Agent. Is he attractive?
    Angry Man

What the flippy-flop difference does that make? They’re driving a dad-blame nuclear bomb into the middle of our town! An all-out Atom bomb!

Young Woman

(starry-eyed)

I’m just trying to picture it all in my head…

As the scene ends there is general uproar, and we are supposedly left to wonder if Felix can pull this miracle off. Hamilton was still shaking his head years later in disgust, “The execs kept saying that Leither looked like Sheriff Andy Taylor saving his bumbling sidekick Barney. They said that if a nuclear bomb had made its way to Mayberry, Barney would have ended up handcuffed to it, just like Bond. I just can’t get over it,” Hamilton said, “in many ways the scene makes the whole movie work.”

It’s unclear whether we’ll ever see this clip on YouTube again. But now, the script for the deleted scene is out, so there is some small chance that the scene might reappear one day on a DVD as a bonus feature. Hmmm, James Bond as Barney Fife — Now that’s a movie I’d pay to see.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 5,984
    http://cinemaroll.com/action/goldfinger-youtube-highlights-deleted-scene-from-james-bond-classic/

Recently, a lost scene deleted from the final cut of “Goldfinger” made it to YouTube, only to be pulled after the film’s owners, United Artists, complained. The rediscovered scene is a brief two-minutes in lenth, and featured CIA Agent Felix Leiter, rather than James Bond.
    Scene Made Movie More Plausible

The deleted scene, long-sought as the Goldfinger “explanation” scene has been missing for many years. The film’s director, Guy Hamilton, originally fought to include the scene in the final cut since it explained one of the film’s important turning points, missing from the film itself: How did they convince all the fair citizens of Fort Knox, Kentucky to go along with the high risk strategy, central to the film’s resolution, in such a disciplined fashion. Well, it turns out the CIA agent, Leither, had quite a hand in making it all work as the scene suggests.

The ”lost” scene was filmed on location in April, 1963, at the Fort Knox, Kentucky Civic Center. The building was able to accommodate over 2,000 extras for the dramatic turning point. Very expensive for its day, it’s no wonder that Hamilton fought to save the scene. Although brief in duration, it is large and complex in scope. In a later interview, Hamiltion explained why this section was cut over his objections.

“They thought that the scene made Leither too much the hero. They kept saying the scene made Bond look like an English Barney Fife because Bond got himself handcuffed to the bomb while Felix Leither organizes the town to save him. I had no bloody idea who Barney Fife was at that time,” Hamilton said.
    Read more in Action
    « Contract Killers
    When Cowboys Were King: History Channel 2006 »

The dialog, reproduced below, is transcribed from the deleted scene. As it begins, Leither is finishing some sort of presentation to the town’s population. He is using a clunky overhead projector on a small stage while dignitaries sit on folding chairs across a skirted dais. The camera points upward toward him from behind the (naturally agitated)audience. Leither is wiping his forehead with a hankerchief as the scene begins.
    Felix

(concluding the presentation, we see a ”radiation” graphic on the screen behind him)

..so, that’s about it. We need everyone to fall to the ground and pretend you’re dead at around 10:04 tomorrow morning. Your cue will be the sound of some aerial crop dusters flying overhead.
    Mayor

(standing)

But, that’s impossible, there’s over 16,000 people in this town…
    Felix

Difficult, but not impossible.
    Townsperson #1

But, what if we’re walking down the street or driving a car?
    Felix

It’s important not to be driving or walking…just plan ahead. We will stage some car crashes to be realistic. I plan to drive my car into a tree with my head hanging out the window…it’s a good effect.
    Townsperson #2

But, what about the nuclear bomb! You mean we’re going to let them drive a nuclear bomb into the middle of town! What about our children? I want to get out here…
    Townsperson #3

You can’t leave, they’ve closed all the roads and the highway, too. They won’t let anyone out.
    A Voice

What! No! You can’t hold us…
    Mayor

Now, now, everyone settle down, those are just road improvements. The roads out of town will just be closed for a short while…
    Townsperson #4

And what about our phones? None of them work!

(The room explodes in excited conversation.)
    Felix

(loudly, over the confusion)

Those are just…phone improvements. C’mon everybody, this is as good of a plan that we could come up with on short notice. It’s just a few minutes out of your day. Just make a note to yourself, at 10:04: fall down and play dead. It’s child’s play. But, listen folks, this is your town, not mine.
    A Doctor

Do we all need to foam at the mouth? I can make up some home-made foam for anyone who wants it.
    Felix

That’s the spirit! It’s the details, people. Americans are “can do” people.

(People in the audience begin to settle down)
    Young Woman

(walks to the front)

Tell me about this British Secret Agent. Is he attractive?
    Angry Man

What the flippy-flop difference does that make? They’re driving a dad-blame nuclear bomb into the middle of our town! An all-out Atom bomb!

Young Woman

(starry-eyed)

I’m just trying to picture it all in my head…

As the scene ends there is general uproar, and we are supposedly left to wonder if Felix can pull this miracle off. Hamilton was still shaking his head years later in disgust, “The execs kept saying that Leither looked like Sheriff Andy Taylor saving his bumbling sidekick Barney. They said that if a nuclear bomb had made its way to Mayberry, Barney would have ended up handcuffed to it, just like Bond. I just can’t get over it,” Hamilton said, “in many ways the scene makes the whole movie work.”

It’s unclear whether we’ll ever see this clip on YouTube again. But now, the script for the deleted scene is out, so there is some small chance that the scene might reappear one day on a DVD as a bonus feature. Hmmm, James Bond as Barney Fife — Now that’s a movie I’d pay to see.

Color me dubious. Part of the drama of the aerial gas scene is thinking that Felix is dead. Why would they give the twist away?
    I'd really like to know whatever happened to the supposed video of the Acrostar in the Octopussy pre-title sequence. I remember reading or watching that they axed it because it visually overwhelmed the audience, gave them vertigo, or something of that effect.
    More Deleted Scenes Please.
  • tqbtqb
    ^ never seen those- nice.
    I'm a fan of the Deleted Scenes, not to change the films, but to see more of the films I love and seen so many times. These are new to me as of today. My DVDs don't have these on them.. Time to go Blue-ray I guess....
    PS: I think they made the right choice on taking out that Renard Scene in the beginning... That movie had a great reveal.
    REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER

THEY CUT SAMMY??? UGH...
    Unfortunately I've seen all of those posted above. I'm really hoping that more of the movies will come out with deleted scenes so that we can get the full Bond history experience. Does anyone know if there are deleted scenes out there for The only deleted scenes they've released are from DAF, FYEO, AVTAK, TLD, LTK, GE, TND, TWINE, and CR. That's pretty lame, only 9 out of 22! Come on!
    WELLLLL CRAP.
    WWW.SOMEONEPLEASEUPLOADMOREJAMESBONDDELETEDSCENES.ORG

And I end the day with this Gem.

Not only do we not have deleted scenes from the other movies, but based on things like CR's teaser trailer we know we don't even have all of the deleted scenes from the movies that we've gotten some of them from. I love watching these though, even though they weren't really necessary some are really pretty interesting.
    Out of all of them i think the LTK and DAF ones should have been left in,it would have benefitted LTK without spoiling the completed film and it would have fleshed out DAF a lot more ,especially with the death of Shady Tree and the scenes with Plenty.
    bondboy007 wrote:
    Not only do we not have deleted scenes from the other movies, but based on things like CR's teaser trailer we know we don't even have all of the deleted scenes from the movies that we've gotten some of them from. I love watching these though, even though they weren't really necessary some are really pretty interesting.

Yeahm it's always interesting to watch the teaser trailers or early trailers to see if there were any scenes not included into the final film.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 1,497
    barryt007 wrote:
    Out of all of them i think the LTK and DAF ones should have been left in,it would have benefitted LTK without spoiling the completed film and it would have fleshed out DAF a lot more ,especially with the death of Shady Tree and the scenes with Plenty.

Agreed, especially on DAF. In that case, I think the George Lucas approach of tinkering with the original material would actually improve the film. Think what they could do with the oil tanker oil finale? It's a bit anti-climactic as is. I've read that there are extended scenes of the oil explosion scene that were filmed but never released--not released on the Special Editions, unlike the Plenty and Shady Tree scenes.

Can we get that footage for the re-releases this year please Sony? Pretty please?

I've been watching the teaser trailers from the Bond movies, particularly the older ones, and I've noticed that there are tons of deleted scenes, shots, and angles not used in the final movie. For instance, in the teaser for Diamonds Are Forever, there is a shot of the oil rig control room exploding and we see Professor Dr. Metz get caught in the blast, whereas in the final movie, we have no idea what happens to him. Also, in the teaser for The Man with the Golden Gun, there is a scene where Bond and Scaramanga are hiding behind rocks on his island during their climatic duel, and Bond shouts to Scaramanga "Now I know how you do it, Scaramanga!" Scaramanga replies back to him, and then Bond throws a bottle of alcohol into the air and shoots it with his PPK, creating a giant fireball between them.
    00Beast wrote:
    I've been watching the teaser trailers from the Bond movies, particularly the older ones, and I've noticed that there are tons of deleted scenes, shots, and angles not used in the final movie. For instance, in the teaser for Diamonds Are Forever, there is a shot of the oil rig control room exploding and we see Professor Dr. Metz get caught in the blast, whereas in the final movie, we have no idea what happens to him. Also, in the teaser for The Man with the Golden Gun, there is a scene where Bond and Scaramanga are hiding behind rocks on his island during their climatic duel, and Bond shouts to Scaramanga "Now I know how you do it, Scaramanga!" Scaramanga replies back to him, and then Bond throws a bottle of alcohol into the air and shoots it with his PPK, creating a giant fireball between them.

Yes, I wonder if the footage has been lost.
    @echo: Not sure, but I hope it will be included in future releases.
    I don't know why they'd continue holding back the footage on certain films, unless it would take too much work to dig it up.

Then again, they're clearly holding back the deleted scene from QoS.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited May 2012 Posts: 858

The bit discussed @1:25