Controversial opinions about Bond films

Comments

The Opera House scene in Quantum of Solace is my favorite Bond sequence that isn't a pre-title sequence.
    Until recently Eon have not spent the money well when it comes to the hiring the best crews and Directors!?
    John Glen...? Dop-Alec Mills...? Roger Donaldson....? Micheal Apted...? Vic Armstrong..??
    Madonna...???? :-q

You can go on and on....x.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The Opera House scene in Quantum of Solace is my favorite Bond sequence that isn't a pre-title sequence.

That scene is great.
    The Opera House scene in Quantum of Solace is my favourite Bond sequence that isn't a pre-title sequence.

That was an awesome scene, classic!
    The Opera House scene in Quantum of Solace is my favourite Bond sequence that isn't a pre-title sequence.

WVPoef wrote:

It seems to not be so controversial after all...
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

Yes, I watched the first half of QoS last night, and the opera house scene is really classy! Bond just shows up, steals a Quantum earpiece from a unsuspecting member, spoils their planning conversation, takes out his pursuers, and leaves. Pure 007!
    ^Thats all I ask, Eon!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

but it is Qantum of Solace- the pimple on the ass of Bond Movies
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    00Beast wrote:
    Yes, I watched the first half of QoS last night, and the opera house scene is really classy! Bond just shows up, steals a Quantum earpiece from a unsuspecting member, spoils their planning conversation, takes out his pursuers, and leaves. Pure 007!

I love when John McClane does that in the Die Hard movies too! :D

It's also my favorite part of Quantum of Solace.
    :)>-
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

I'm sorry, but the "pimple on the ass of Bond Movies" will always be DAD.
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Quantum but that's a little extreme.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

The movie is kinda sh&te, so at least he got the general area correct. :D

And when you consider extreme read some threads on Brosnan or DAD, than this is rather friendly as opposed to extreme. IMHO
    SaintMark wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

And when you consider extreme read some threads on Brosnan or DAD, than this is rather friendly as opposed to extreme. IMHO

Yes maybe not one of the Best Bond movie ever made but I can think of 7 Bond movies that are worst.
    WVPoef wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

Yes maybe not one of the Best Bond movie ever made but I can think of 7 Bond movies that are worst.

That is were you and I disagree, QoS is a movie made upon an unfinished thought camouflaged with editing and arty farty. Yes it has it moments like the operahouse but overall the movie should have been postphoned and made decently. The last movie suffering from such an ordeal was actually LTK and there they did a better job even if the overall result was less exciting than an episode of Miami Vice. All IMHO of course.
    SaintMark wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

That is were you and I disagree, QoS is a movie made upon an unfinished thought camouflaged with editing and arty farty. Yes it has it moments like the operahouse but overall the movie should have been postphoned and made decently. The last movie suffering from such an ordeal was actually LTK and there they did a better job even if the overall result was less exciting than an episode of Miami Vice. All IMHO of course.

DAD is a movie made upon solid but wasted ideas camouflaged with CGI by a Hollywood hack. Yes it has its moments like the underground tunnel but the movie should have been postponed and made decently ;)

God, I don't mean to defend QoS but to say, as a whole, its better than DAD is pushing it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    DAF has the best script in the franchise.

Seems to be controversial at the moment........

So it's a better script than FRWL, OHMSS, TLD, GE and CR??
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    BAIN123 wrote:

So it's a better script than FRWL, OHMSS, TLD, GE and CR??

CR is at the bottom, so yes. As for the other 4 they are slightly behind.... and I'd add TMWTGG too.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

DAD is a movie made upon solid but wasted ideas camouflaged with CGI by a Hollywood hack. Yes it has its moments like the underground tunnel but the movie should have been postponed and made decently ;)

God, I don't mean to defend QoS but to say, as a whole, its better than DAD is pushing it.

Yes it has one bad CGI moment that annoys the hell out of every 007 fan, it has that invisible car that annoys some fans. And it director was not a Hollywood hack but an Kiwi, and some of his earlier work is actually very good. He is an example of how Hollywood corrupts, or in this case EON f*cks up they should have paid for decent CGI or lose the scene or rewrite it.

BAIN123 wrote:
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

Exactly why do people defend QOS- it is not Bond its nothing more than a carbon based copy of Jason Bourne with a confusing mess of a script, a villain in which is the worst villain in the bond series of all time (yes even Gustav Graves is more threatening than an evil french enviromentalist who wants a couple of extra dollars on people's waterbills)

add that with a bond girl which is so dull and boring that they should have killed off her instead of the hot ginger mi6 agent fields.

and not to mention the seziure enducing editing and directing

calling QOS a pimple on the ass of bond films is a quite generous statement as i think it is truly a horrrible thing that should be destroyed, erased from history and that the producers and director should be fired...out of a cannon into the sun!

Die Another day had a good first half and the second half was shit
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 11,189
    SaintMark wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

Yes it has one bad CGI moment that annoys the hell out of every 007 fan, it has that invisible car that annoys some fans. And it director was not a Hollywood hack but an Kiwi, and some of his earlier work is actually very good. He is an example of how Hollywood corrupts, or in this case EON f*cks up they should have paid for decent CGI or lose the scene or rewrite it.

It actually has a lot of bad CGI moments. However the windsurfing scene is the worst of the bunch. Others include the lazer following Bond across the ice in the rocket record breaker thing, Bond and Jinx (urg!) fighting in a cartoon aeroplane and the helicopter falling out of the sky.

I'm not counting some shoody model work when the rocket thing goes over the cliff and Zao's car crashes into the icy water. Yes GE had some shoody model work too but at least that was done by someone who was a veteran in the craft and had worked on not only some of the 1960s Bond films but also one of the most popular British children's programmes of that decade. I think for that film it was meant to be shoody.

I will say that DAD does have some good - dare I say great - scenes but it also has some truly terrible ones.

002 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

Exactly why do people defend QOS- it is not Bond its nothing more than a carbon based copy of Jason Bourne with a confusing mess of a script, a villain in which is the worst villain in the bond series of all time (yes even Gustav Graves is more threatening than an evil french enviromentalist who wants a couple of extra dollars on people's waterbills)

add that with a bond girl which is so dull and boring that they should have killed off her instead of the hot ginger mi6 agent fields.

calling QOS a pimple on the ass of bond films is a quite generous statement as i think it is truly a horrrible thing that should be destroyed, erased from history and that the producers and director should be fired...out of a cannon into the sun!

I completly agree with 002 on QOS.

002 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:

I completly agree with 002 on QOS.

About Camille or the "seizure enducing editing and directing"?
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,690
    About Camille... she's the worst Bond girl of the franchise. Dull, boring, horribly unsexy.... judging by her lingerie pics on google, Olga is a very sexy woman.... yet they turned her into a passable looking, dare I say ugly woman. The scars on her back and her terrible dressed didn't help. Even Arterton looked much hotter, but she was way too young for Craig Bond. Why didn't Camille wear hotter dresses. even possibly a bikini or lingerie in bed ? what happened to the sexy Bond girls ?
    Well, for one, she's supposed to look like somebody with a horrible past, hence the scars. She looked pretty damn good in that black dress halfway through the film, imo. She wasn't there to be just another love conquest for Bond, like Arterton was, she had her own agenda. Her look fit.

I, however, am gonna give it the "seizure enducing editing". I saw somebody have a seizure in the theater when I went to see it.
    Well, for one, she's supposed to look like somebody with a horrible past, hence the scars. She looked pretty damn good in that black dress halfway through the film, imo. She wasn't there to be just another love conquest for Bond, like Arterton was, she had her own agenda. Her look fit.

So if a Bond girl was supposed to be bald, fat, one eye missing and a huge scar on her cheek, you'd accept that as well ??

I don't care if Camille was meant to look like that... I want sexy women, I want women in bikinis in Bond films !! Camille is not a Bond girl, she's too boring, dull and ugly to be one. I don't want 3-dimensional Bond girls, I just want glamour and sexy women !! preferably wearing almost nothing !!

I can't believe EON completly insulted the Bond girls legacy when they decided to make this utter shyte main female character... that's not a Bond girl, she doesn't belong in a Bond film !!
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 11,189
    . I don't want 3-dimensional Bond girls, I just want glamour and sexy women !! preferably wearing almost nothing !!

I found Camile rather forgettable but frakly that comment's laughable. I want someone who's sexy but...err...an actual person. Someone like Vesper, Natalya, Solange Dimitrious, Tracy or even Patricia Fiering

Preferrably wearing almost nothing of course ;)
    Tracy OK, Natalya OK, Solange OK... Vesper is a big no-no. She was horrible.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 4,813
    So if a Bond girl was supposed to be bald, fat, one eye missing and a huge scar on her cheek, you'd accept that as well ??

I remember the unfinished comic 'A Silent Armageddon' and the Bond girl in that story was a paraplegic in a wheelchair. At least in issue 1, Bond and her never slept together. They never finished the damn book though- maybe there was another girl in the story (though I can't completely remember-- the wheelchair girl may have been like 15 or something. I'll have to dig that book up and see for sure)