Could Naomie Harris still be playing Moneypenny?

edited March 2012 in News Posts: 1,548
According to a new article on Den of Geek, there is a new rumour doing the rounds that despite all the subterfuge etc, Ms Harris is indeed playing the most famous secretary in the world. Not quite sure whether to believe this and appears to come from an unreliable source but it's interesting that this rumour has still not been put to bed despite all the denials.

Comments

Ugh, god, I hope not. I was a little worried though the way she "denied" it. She never said directly, "I am NOT Moneypenny". She kept saying"Moneypenny is an office-bound character". Which isn't saying the same thing.
    That said though, I found the Den of Geek article and it looks like their findings came from the same travel article Harris wrote that was on Daily Mail, with the extra line about Moneypenny (that I think someone confirmed was added by an editor)

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1275031/exclusive_is_naomie_harris_playing_miss_moneypenny_after_all.html
    Here's a thought; Maybe she's playing a Moneypenny-like character, but she isn't called Moneypenny?
  • I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. But I'm not going to assume it's happening that way unless more evidence surfaces.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I got some rubbish through the post today from a holiday company. Managed to find the same thing online here:

http://www.dialaflight.com/magazine/2012/03/maldives_mar12.aspx

Although I'll grant you this is a dubious source, the way they tell it is as if its a done deal and everybody already knows.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,351
    That was found in January, so it's old news reheated.

Give me a moment and I'll find our discussion of this news from then.

Also, I love his this is claimed to be an "exclusive". LOL.
    ....I still believe she will become Moneypenny!!
    After she has been in action with 007 and co, and having had a tough time through "SkyFall" she decides she's had enough of being in the field and is offered a desk job at MI6 and therefore is given a new identity and becomes Miss Moneypenny to Ralph Fiennes "M"...!? :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oh, not this rumor agaaaaaaain...
  • Good god this rumor will not die.
    Extreme_Facepalm.png
    She will not be playing Moneypenny. End. of. story.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Good god this rumor will not die.
    Extreme_Facepalm.png

LOL.

Hope she isn't, i want another moneypenny.
    And plus, i hope Naomie is the villain girl. I prefer Bérenice as the good one.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good god this rumor will not die.
    Extreme_Facepalm.png
    Tommy and I wholeheartedly agree.
    facepalm4cr.jpg?width=500&height=432
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 4,622
    MrEon wrote:
    ....I still believe she will become Moneypenny!!
    After she has been in action with 007 and co, and having had a tough time through "SkyFall" she decides she's had enough of being in the field and is offered a desk job at MI6 and therefore is given a new identity and becomes Miss Moneypenny to Ralph Fiennes "M"...!? :D
    This is the MP scenario in a nutshell. This theory is what needs to be debunked. I thought Harris had managed to do it herself, when she disassociated Eve from MP.
    However, a shred of doubt still lingers and it is also rather telling that Eon won't broach the subject. But they also won't deny that Fiennes is Blofeld.
    Eon seems to revel in the speculation.
    The smart money I believe, still says that Eve is not MP nor is Fiennes Blofeld.

• edited March 2012 Posts: 774
    http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/03/08/confirmed-007-skyfall-actress-naomie-harris-is-the-new-moneypenny

Another article. I wish the stuido would confirm or deny it 100%, just so these rumours would go away.
    Oh no!; quoted from the above article. Harris has now confirmed she is MP.
    OK, I'm calling my bookie. I want my $ moved to the "Harris is the new MP" option.
    It's in the bank, unless all the below quotes are made-up, or Harris is jerking our chain - but why would she?!

Harris is the new Moneypenny. Book it!

Harris authored a featured editorial for Dial a Flight magazine, in which she detailed her favorite tropical locales to visit when away from her hometown of London, and touched upon her role in the upcoming Bond film. The article, titled 'Moneypenny in Paradise' even closes with the line:
    "There will certainly be some exotic locations, but as Miss Moneypenny I’ll probably get no further than Pinewood Studios! But if we had the chance, we would return to the Maldives in a heartbeat."
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    This was just a copy & paste from the Daily Fail in January, the same issue when Harris said in an article (in the exact same paper) that she was NOT playing Moneypenny. Given that paper had run the rumours about it for months, it was probably just a sub-editor spicing up her quote 'my role' -> Moneypenny.

See the note at the end of this article
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_report_jan12a_naomie_harris.php3?s=bond23&id=03061
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Fake news then @JamesPage? Everything remains the same, no Eve as MP.

xxx
    I cannot believe this debate has reared its head again! Will be glad to see the film and finally find out who she really is? lol
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 562
    http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/03/08/confirmed-007-skyfall-actress-naomie-harris-is-the-new-moneypenny

Confirmed? Still can't find anything actually from Eon or Sony though...

Edit: Just noticed their 'source' is The Daily Mail, so I'll pass around the salt shaker again.
    Maybe, major spoiler alert here..
    Eve is an agent, similar to Bond, and working for the British gov, but she's under Fiennes' character. When Fiennes takes over, which has been confirmed a few times, he makes her his secretary, thus the secretary to M ala Monepenny.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    why would a British agent become secretary...that's like taking a worse job and possible pay decrease. ?????? Doesn't make sense
    Unless she is injured somehow during her field work...
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Fake news then @JamesPage? Everything remains the same, no Eve as MP.

Yes, it's just a reprint of the Daily Fail article from January. So it popped up on Google in March, and everyone got excited again.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    For Bond's Sake, finish this thread!! she is not Moneypenny, she's Eve!! Stop confusing the things.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes I'm gonna finish this one. There are several threads discussing Naomie Harris and her character, plus this is fake, old news.

<b>Closed</b>
This discussion has been closed.