My Trip to Bond in Motion

Comments

gt007 wrote:
    Great photos, @DCisared!

I supposed you're not allowed to touch any of the vehicles in there, right? Man, I want to touch that DB5 so bad... :P

Afraid so but i did sneakily touch certain models as you can stand right next to them where as others are cordoned off!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    gt007 wrote:
    Great photos, @DCisared!

I supposed you're not allowed to touch any of the vehicles in there, right? Man, I want to touch that DB5 so bad... :P

Yeah that's right mate! I so wanted to sit in them! I must of stood and oogeld the quantum DBS for a good 5 minutes without blinking , it really is that beautiful! Same with the vantage and DB5 :)
  • I must admit, I did finger the door handle of the DB5.

I would like to set a challenge out to any forum members who go to Bond In Motion. The first person who has the balls to quickly get in the 'pig' and have their photo taken wins my ever lasting love and respect :-)
    Haha! I'll pay the first person to do that the sum of a million pounds!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I once touched the BMW 750 from Tomorrow Never Dies when I saw it and other Bond cars about eight to ten years ago. That's my Bond, claim to fame!
    when i was there a couple of weeks ago i touched the BMW 750il, Tracey's Cougar, AMC Hornet, Hovercraft, and the MoonRaker boat and From Russia With Love boat! By the time i had finished i felt like an adult movie film star! All that body contact and my good lady with the camera! ;) :D :))
    I got to put my arm in the vehicles to take the inside shots on previous photos shown on this thread and got to touch quite alot of the vehicles, easy way of doing this is being the first ones in the exhibit at 10 in the morning. The two staff members on the upstairs section were busy playing Goldeneye.
    Haha! What a job! Getting to look at all them masterpieces of bond automobiles and having to play Goldeneye 007 reloaded ^:)^ 8-> =))
    If only I lived closer to the location, I would of been one of the first people in the que for a job there. Just think of all those free bits and pieces you could pick up once it was over. Actually help getting the cars in and out of the exhibit, playing Goldeneye and getting paid to do it.
    Only downside would be having the Bond theme playing in your ears for 8 hours a day every day it would probably do me more damage than good ~X(
    largo2 wrote:
    If only I lived closer to the location, I would of been one of the first people in the que for a job there. Just think of all those free bits and pieces you could pick up once it was over. Actually help getting the cars in and out of the exhibit, playing Goldeneye and getting paid to do it.
    Only downside would be having the Bond theme playing in your ears for 8 hours a day every day it would probably do me more damage than good ~X(

dream world and I have to admit I have the bond theme stuck in my head all the time anyway, I think maybe the only downside of working there would be tourists who asked stupid questions like "is that the Aston Martin from tomorrow never dies" , "NO IT MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT!"

[-X
    @ about Bond. You could make up anything you like and have a laugh all day long :-))
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Went to Beaulieu too today

Can someone tell me how to upload images?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Upload them to a pic host site (Photobucket & Imageshack are just two), then post the links with IMG tags.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited June 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Brilliant photos Tommy, Largo and DCisared. I am so jealous.
    BAIN123 wrote:

Hope you enjoyed it Bain123? We certainly did! Were there any additions to the Bond section? As i'm sure they said they would be possibly including some of the cars from Skyfall once filming had completed?
    Great pics guys,Thanks.
    Awaiting new props before returning for free! :)
    RogueAgent wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

Hope you enjoyed it Bain123? We certainly did! Were there any additions to the Bond section? As i'm sure they said they would be possibly including some of the cars from Skyfall once filming had completed?

I went there a few weeks ago and it was very impressive to say the least. I have to say though that it wasn't set out as well as it could have. I had spent ages on the top floor without realising there was more on the ground level which was a pleasant surprise.

There were no Skyfall vehicles that I could see and I'm not sure where they could put them.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Great pics there, peeps - some truly iconic Bond vehicles. May be lucky enough to pay a visit to Bond In Motion this summer; fingers crossed...! :)
    RogueAgent wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

I went there a few weeks ago and it was very impressive to say the least. I have to say though that it wasn't set out as well as it could have. I had spent ages on the top floor without realising there was more on the ground level which was a pleasant surprise.

There were no Skyfall vehicles that I could see and I'm not sure where they could put them.

It is set out a little odd i must admit. Don't know about you? But would love that huge glass cabinet and props inside back at my house! :D
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

It is set out a little odd i must admit. Don't know about you? But would love that huge glass cabinet and props inside back at my house! :D

Oh yes, I would love to have that glass cabinet full of Bond props. Fantastic. I'm a bit of a Bond collector and if I could have gotten away with it, I would have taken the entire collection away with me, but I don't have massive pockets to hide them in!! Quite a few of the vehicles are privately owned and have been lent to the exhibition. I am so jealous. If I was wealthy, I would be investing in original Bond props without a doubt!
    Great pics guys, I shall be making my way over there soon!
    Maybe this is the place to mention that last month, I got to drive the Vanquish from DAD!! Well, there were several made for the film, but this was one of them.
    Pretty cool eh?
    Shoreline wrote:
    Great pics guys, I shall be making my way over there soon!
    Maybe this is the place to mention that last month, I got to drive the Vanquish from DAD!! Well, there were several made for the film, but this was one of them.
    Pretty cool eh?

How did you get the chance to drive the Vanquish?

A friend bought it from auction. It is stunning up close, although some of the interior is a bit cheap. It was made when Ford owned AM, and some of the buttons and knobs are straight out of a Mondeo!

Still, it was a thrill to drive an actual car from a Bond film!!
    Anyone else ....?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Is there a gift shop after the exhibition? If so, what do they sell? Anything interesting?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Bump!

I'm planning a trip to London and I'd like to ask a question.

What's the best way to reach the National Motor Museum from London?

From what I understand, it's a bit difficult to get there. Google Maps suggests taking the train to Weymouth and then a cab to the Museum.

Is that right? Or is there an easier way?
  • Is anyone aware if Bond in Motion will do a world tour? I'm one hell of an Aussie Bond Fan and it seems I can only wait and see if Bond in Motion travels down under :(
    I hope it does
    Is anyone aware if Bond in Motion will do a world tour? I'm one hell of an Aussie Bond Fan and it seems I can only wait and see if Bond in Motion travels down under :(
    I hope it does

it is going on tour, next destination is Toronto as its the last day at the Barbican. No idea where else it is heading for? But i am sure it will head down under sooner or later!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Is anyone aware if Bond in Motion will do a world tour? I'm one hell of an Aussie Bond Fan and it seems I can only wait and see if Bond in Motion travels down under :(
    I hope it does

it is going on tour, next destination is Toronto as its the last day at the Barbican. No idea where else it is heading for? But i am sure it will head down under sooner or later!

I think you're talking about Designing 007, @RogueAgent. ;)
  • gt007 wrote:
    Bump!

I'm planning a trip to London and I'd like to ask a question.

What's the best way to reach the National Motor Museum from London?

From what I understand, it's a bit difficult to get there. Google Maps suggests taking the train to Weymouth and then a cab to the Museum.

Is that right? Or is there an easier way?

Weymouth? That's miles and miles away. If you took a cab from there it would cost you a massive fortune! Closest City is Southampton and you could take a train from London to Southampton central then get a train from there to Brockenhurst in the New Forest and get a cab from there to the national motor museum in Beaulieu.