Actors Screen Tests

edited March 2012 in Actors Posts: 56
Not sure if this has been raised before...

Are there any of the screen tests avail of the likes of Sam Neill avail online? I've obv seen the Brolin one with Maud

There should be some killer ones in the Eon vaults... (Burt Reynolds anyone?)

Or any of the existing actors for that matter?

ta

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Skip to 2:55 here:

All I did was search YouTube to find this.
    On the bonus features of TLD you can see Sam Neill-- as well as photos from Pierce Brosnan's!
    lol damn, beat me by a split second!
    cheers lads...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Nothing against Sam Neill, but I don't know... he seems to lack something. :-? I've never seen Reilly Ace Of Spies, so if I did, that might change my opinion.
    Sam Neil would be interesting. He would give new meaning to the phrase "sexist mysoginist dinosaur". ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,686
    Sam Neill was extremely wooden in the screentest... I love Neill as an actor but my god was he ridiculous and cringe-inducing in his screentest... whatever people on here say about Brosnan's acting as Bond, Neill was 10x worse in this screentest...
    I am not sure there are that many screentests, at least not for Bond. Many of those rumoured, Collins or McGoohan, didn't even get to that. I don't think Burt Reynolds ever did one.

I'd still have liked to see Neill at least in one film, most interesting idea.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 3,333
    There's been many screen tests for the role of 007 over the years, though only a few have come to feature on dvd specials. There's also one of James Brolin on youtube..

We know that some of these people DID do a screen test: Paul McGann; John Gavin; William Gaunt; Simon Oates; Michael Billington; Patrick Mower; John Richardson to name but a few, so it's not unreasonable to deduce that footage still exists of them.

My personal favourite would be Michael Billington, who was probably the closest to getting the part if Roger Moore was axed. Check out the site below if you want more info on him and other alternative Bonds...

http://www.alternative007.co.uk/12.htm
  • tqbtqb
    its funny looking at this article- http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_21_report_july05b.php3?t=bond21&s=bond21 doesn't even mention craig.

I want to see the screen-test for Brosnan, Craig, and Cavill.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Here is James Brolin and Christian Bale side by side. I don't think Brolin should have been Bond but with a better haircut he could have looked the part.

bale_zpsxqbewvdt.jpg
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    talos7 wrote: »
    Here is James Brolin and Christian Bale side by side. I don't think Brolin should have been Bond but with a better haircut he could have looked the part.

bale_zpsxqbewvdt.jpg

That is an eery resemblance!!!
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 159
    It was said that George Fountas, a famous Greek actor who has starred in many Greek action-mystery movies, was about to replace Connery in 1967 but due to his poor english and the fact that there wasn't enough time to learn the language, Lazenby was chosen instead. This is something that isn't well known as it isn't mentioned in any Bond commentary. Also, Fountas and Lazenby were the two final candidates.

(in greek) http://www.lifo.gr/team/prosklitirio_nekron/53470
  • Henry Cavill:
    29260L.JPG
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/mediageek/news/?a=36940

This actually is a photo from Cavill's first audition. Apparently it's only from an initial read-through he had before progressing further into the process.

This is an interesting article about the people who were under serious consideration for the role in CR:
    http://commanderbond.net/2995/the-men-who-could-have-been-bond.html
    A lot of the names on the list will be seriously surprising to many people.

There is a picture of Craig's audition in the 007 Archives book. He has long hair and his top off and looks far from himself in CR.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    edited January 2015 Posts: 88
    Nice pics & vids, THANKS!
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Is that Henrys screentest pic...?
    Pussfella wrote: »
    Cavil looks bloody good in the dinner jacket
    ABSOLUTELY.

AceHole wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

bale_zpsxqbewvdt.jpg

That is an eery resemblance!!!

Well, it's just one pic. And it's sorta funny, because they don't actually look alike.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Those photos of Pierce and Tim are amusing. The same mirror is being used. I assume these are both tests from around 1986/7? I'm biased, but have to say Dalton really does look the part.

Funny, I always got James Brolin mixed up with his son, Josh Brolin. Never even heard of James Brolin until now!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,687
    ggl007 wrote: »
    _59522579_newimage.jpg
    JnMqHl.jpg
    Pierce looks SO young there...
    Great find- thanks!
    Getafix wrote: »
    Funny, I always got James Brolin mixed up with his son, Josh Brolin. Never even heard of James Brolin until now!
    You little kid, he was in Westworld!! B-)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    James Brolin was in Hotel as well (the tv show) with Connie Sellecca :P

Pierce was right. When he got GE he said he was happy in a way that he had to wait 9 years for the role because there was more maturity in his face. He looks like a wimpy kid in that photo.
    Go thru gallery at the top of this time article to see scenes from tests for OHMSS.
    http://time.com/3502846/being-007-life-behind-the-scenes-at-james-bond-auditions/
  • first time back in ages - and you randomly have these treasures for me - cheers :)
  • Cavil looks bloody good in the dinner jacket
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    aspie wrote: »
    Go thru gallery at the top of this time article to see scenes from tests for OHMSS.
    http://time.com/3502846/being-007-life-behind-the-scenes-at-james-bond-auditions/

You can see why Laz got the role now. These other guys look hopeless in comparison. John Richardson looks undernourished, Anthony Rogers looks thuggish, and the less said about Hans De Vries & Robert Campbell, the better.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    I've never seen this screentest🤔
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    JWPepper wrote: »
    I've never seen this screentest🤔

Roger Green....Had the Voice, Looks & Height. But I've always thought he lacked something. For example, once he entered the room, I thought he should have looked around his surroundings first... But he tried though, Considering he's was a Rugby player, not an Actor.