Skyfall in IMAX?

DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
edited February 2012 in News Posts: 1,329
Hello guys an gals
Can someone please tell a first time poster on these forums of the chances of skyfall being released in IMAX?
I've never experienced IMAX and don't know to much about it so apologies for any ignorance.

Thanks very much

Comments

• edited February 2012 Posts: 300
    Hello, and welcome to the forums!

To answer your question, no I would highly doubt the release of this film in IMAX. Skyfall is being filmed using the conventional film format: 2:35:1, so IF it were to have an IMAX release all they would do is stretch the image enough to make it fit from one side to the other on the sc
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Ah thankyou! That clears it up, I was getting pretty excited at the thought of seeing skyfall in IMAX after friends had told me how good IMAX was but I'm sure the film is going to be awesome anyway with of without it!
    Again many thanks
    DCisared wrote:
    Hello guys an gals
    Can someone please tell a first time poster on these forums of the chances of skyfall being released in IMAX?
    I've never experienced IMAX and don't know to much about it so apologies for any ignorance.

Thanks very much

There is a chance Skyfall will get an IMAX release. See this thread for details: http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2144/skyfall-to-be-released-in-imax-theaters
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    As there is already a thread to discuss this, I'll lock this one up.
    Please continue in the thread as linked in @PanchitoPistoles post above.
This discussion has been closed.