Bafta interviews

edited February 2012 in News Posts: 185

Comments

Thanks for posting these. Anyone find a video of Tom Jones singing? I had a look but couldn't seem to find one.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 660
    yeah anyone could find a video of the 50th anniversary and TOm ford singing "thunderball" thanks!
  • Looking at the interview with Harris and Marlohe I'm struck by 1) how down-to-earth Harris seems and 2) how great Marlohe looks when she smiles, especially when her eyes crinkle up. Marlohe looks really different in several different photos that I've seen of her; this seems like the first chance that I've had to see what she looks like "in action" and how she'll look in the film. Lets hope she has a chance to show that winning smile in the film...
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    They are both lovely ladies and beautiful as well. However I guess neither of them will have that mischeivous sparkle or engage in any light hearted banter as Bond 'women'. Their characters will be the usual earnest, sad and focused individuals.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 6,601
    NicNac wrote:
    They are both lovely ladies and beautiful as well. However I guess neither of them will have that mischeivous sparkle or engage in any light hearted banter as Bond 'women'. Their characters will be the usual earnest, sad and focused individuals.

I do doubt that with both, as Berenice seems to be the eye candy "Oh James" type and Naomi might have a good chance between all the fighting for some sparkle. I imagine, there will be homouros scenes, when she fails in her efforts to be Bonds equal. Humour out of the situation. At least, there I see the chance...;)
    Germangirl wrote:
    http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/297359-naomie-harris-doing-her-own-bond-stunts/

Naomie has been having a great time on set with Daniel Craig - who is reprising his role as the British spy for a third time - and director Sam Mendes and has been blown away by Daniel's work ethic and devotion to the role.

She explained: "Daniel is amazing. We do 12-14 hours of filming and then after, every day, he does two hours of training on top of that in the gym. He works so hard and he's always in a great mood. I really adore him.
    Going by the accounts of both Bond women now ;) and Ralph Feinnes, that we have a very happy production! And seeing as they are now towards halfway through filming? Gives us a possible hint to maybe how Mendes is feeling about the project? Hopefully positive and open to the idea of possibly doing another one?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    "Daniel is amazing. He does 14 hour days of filming and then after that he does two hours of training. He works so hard. And he keeps the atmosphere light and humorous on set."

That's not a bad recommendation by Harris! Everyone seems to be having the best of times on set.

"It's amazing. I'm having the time of my life. I'm being looked after so well. They've given me a driver. And I'm training four days a week.

"Sam mendes is such a lovely director, it's a very calm atmosphere on set. Very intimate. Sometimes it feels like a low budget film. Often I forget that it's Bond."

That gives weight to what Fiennes was saying.

It all sounds good to me!

More here:

Naomie Harris is doing all her own stunts in the new James Bond movie.

The actress plays special agent Eve in the next 007 adventure 'Skyfall' and she has been relentlessly hitting the gym to ensure she is in the best possible shape for the film's numerous action sequences.

Speaking at the British Academy Film Awards (BAFTAs) at London's Royal Opera House on Sunday night (12.02.12), she told BANG Showbiz: "I'm trying to do all my own stunts. I've done them all so far. In a couple of weeks we've got another big stunt thing, so I don't know if I can do all of them. But I'm trying to!"

However, any fans hoping to see Naomie showing off her fit figure in a bikini will be disappointed as she claims she doesn't have a traditional Bond girl swimwear scene.

She said: "I don't have any bikini scenes so I'm just training to keep up with all the stunts."

Naomie has been having a great time on set with Daniel Craig - who is reprising his role as the British spy for a third time - and director Sam Mendes and has been blown away by Daniel's work ethic and devotion to the role.

She explained: "Daniel is amazing. We do 12-14 hours of filming and then after, every day, he does two hours of training on top of that in the gym. He works so hard and he's always in a great mood. I really adore him.

"It really has been so fantastic. It's so weird because you forget almost, about the pressure, and Sam Mendes is such a lovely director, there is an amazing atmosphere on set. It's very very calm and intimate actually. Sometimes it feels like a low budget film, which is fantastic. I forget it's Bond."

To mark the 50th anniversary of James Bond on the big screen the BAFTAs opened with a performance of 'Thunderball' - the theme song of the film of the same name - by Sir Tom Jones.

Host Stephen Fry also paid tribute to the franchise praising the character and the films for celebrating "British eccentricity".

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/celebrities/naomie-harris-doing-her-own-bond-stunts-139206719.html
    yeah anyone could find a video of the 50th anniversary and TOm ford singing "thunderball" thanks!

Here's a clip from Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmwcHjosRKw

Enjoy
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Here's another. This one has a dig at Berenice:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    M007 wrote:

Enjoy

Thanks for that, our lad Tom still has it. =D>

And I was able to pick out 3 shots of Daltonage (the shot in the TLD PTS when Daltons face is finally revealed, pointing the harpoon at Clive in LTK and the shot of the two rockets fired from the V8 Vantage heading towards the truck in TLD). Though there may have been more that weren't visible from the angles that were shown.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!

I watched it live last night and am pretty damn sure it was Tom Jones who sang Thunderball. Damn good he was too. Doubt Tom Ford could have done as good a job... ;)

:)

What if Tom Jones was wearing Tom Ford!?
    Backed by the Tom Cats!!

By the way....Synth strings, John Barry would of been spinning at that!!? ^:)^
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    For those who haven't seen it yet, here's the Tom Jones presentation.

xxx
  • Thanks Marketto! That was an awesome tribute.

I also really like Naomie's hair like that. I doubt a lot of people could pull off that hairstyle, but she can.
    What a brilliant performer, Tom. I love how he clearly enjoys his work so far down the line. Always willing to perform his theme, as is Shirley.

Two greats, and both still have the bite to come back if they could. Even Shirley had an album out in 2009 and got to #20 on the charts!
    ....yes Tom did well, but what a poor arrangement by David Arnold, Synth strings for goodness sake and in the ROH covent garden!!!!?
    But then he only had a short while to get it together, and the turn around did not allow for a live orchestra, as the Baftas don't do live Music as a rule unlike the Oscars!!
    Bet John Barry was a spinning!? ^:)^
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    M007 wrote:

Enjoy

Thanks for that, our lad Tom still has it. =D>

And I was able to pick out 3 shots of Daltonage (the shot in the TLD PTS when Daltons face is finally revealed, pointing the harpoon at Clive in LTK and the shot of the two rockets fired from the V8 Vantage heading towards the truck in TLD). Though there may have been more that weren't visible from the angles that were shown.

Indeed. What I find interesting was how many shots from TMWTGG made it into the tribute. It's generally panned as one of the worst Bond films(not IMHO) but several shots made it in there. Perhaps it enjoys a greater following than we're aware of.