Sean Bean As James Bond In CleanSkin

2»

Comments

CleanSkin has an 8.3 currently on IMDB!
    Quantum only has a 6.8!

Looks like 006 is still out to get Bond!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited March 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Uninteresting Craig era... I hope you bite your tongue after Skyfall.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Me? The Craig era is nearly my favorite?!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Me? The Craig era is nearly my favorite?!

Lol, wasn't talking of you. it was about Dalton Craig. :)
    ^ Oh, well lets try and stay on topic.

Has anyone seen the film? It won't be released here in the states, but I may :ar! view it tonight.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Sure :D

about seeing the film... now it's the first time i read about it. Maybe if it has a "Close-To-Skyfall-Rumours" story, i'd like to see it.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Sure :D

about seeing the film... now it's the first time i read about it. Maybe if it has a "Close-To-Skyfall-Rumours" story, i'd like to see it.

And if you go back to the trailer you'll see that Bean is..

1. A British assasin/spy
    2. has a female boss
    3. most of the film is in London
    4. Bean plays a gritty, action hero

Sounds like CraigBond to me! Even the attack on London bit sounds like SKYFALL!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    CleanSkin has an 8.3 currently on IMDB!
    Quantum only has a 6.8!

Looks like 006 is still out to get Bond!

Part of QoS's smashing by people is word of mouth. It gets out that a film is trash, so no one sees it or says anything positive about it if they do see it for fear of alienation. Critics and audiences alike are guilty, and it has gotten to the heads of many Bond fans too. It's all a bloody shame too, because QoS is quite good even after going through all the troubles behind the scenes. Hopefully someday soon it will rightfully be seen as what it is: an entertaining, well-shot, supremely well-acted, and deep film.
    Beam should of gotten the part of Bond in the place of Brosnan now that I've seen this trailer. He looks the part.
    When i saw the thread title i thought of Katy Perry for Proactive Clean Skin...
    i like to think of this film as an alternative version of Alec trevelyan who was a good guy/006
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Bringing this back up as I just watched CleanSkin as a rental here in Japan.
    I love Sean, I enjoyed him in this film (weather-beaten as he is). The overall feeling I was left with was kind of down, though. Not a happy feel good movie by any account. But I'm glad I got to watch it because it was good to see Sean in this kind of role. Rampling was good, too, I thought.

So who has seen it and what are your opinions? And no, it did not remind me of Skyfall.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I saw it and it didn't remind me of Skyfall either (although I saw it before Skyfall anyway). In fact it didn't really remind me of Bond at all, Bean was playing the opposite of Bond if anything, but that wasn't a bad thing.

Anyway I really enjoyed it. Sean Bean was brilliant as the world weary, scruffy secret agent and I liked how he kept his Yorkshire accent.

Rampling was good too and I enjoyed the twist ending. I think what sets it apart from other spy films is the violence and the general bleakness of it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, cleanskin is a more realistic take on what it's like to be a spy. There's nothing particularly glamorous about working in such a profession and Bean was indeed excellent as an experienced, world weary agent. It's a good little film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I saw this film a long while back after the trailer came out - I think I may have gotten it from Redbox - and loved it. It does tend to be slow at times, but it was great to hear Bean's accent and he really does kick some ass throughout it. Unique ending, too, in a depressing way.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Saw this on DVD in the supermarket. I really should buy it next time that I'm there. Sounds interesting. Those new recruits into the Real IRA in Northern Ireland are called "cleanskins" I believe.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I'm glad others enjoyed it, too. Yes, bleak, and the violence was shown full color and all. It had a dreary, inevitable feeling about it for me - which made it seem realistic. I thought Sean was great. He is a really good actor, and I'm looking forward to his next films.