Daniel Craig Sings The Praises of Early James Bond Films

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited January 2012 in Actors Posts: 13,350
Currently in full production the 23rd James Bond film, SKYFALL, is occupying locations all over the globe. Directed by SAM MENDES from a screenplay by JOHN LOGAN, NEAL PURVIS and ROBERT WADE. the cast, once again, features DANIEL CRAIG as Brit secret agent 007 as well as RALPH FIENNES, JAVIER BARDEM, JUDI DENCH and BEN WHISHAW. During a recent interview, CRAIG talked about his long time appreciation for the character of Bond and his fondness for the early features of the ’60s.

http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2012/01/19/daniel-craig-sings-the-praises-of-early-james-bond-films/

Again, Craig shows his love of the classic, '60's Bond and the respect he has of the series. I think the plan is to bring what he mentions to the forefront again in Skyfall. It better be an event.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Best decade for Bond for sure. And I thought Dan hated Connery's Bond. Suck it Entertainment Weekly! L-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Best decade for Bond for sure. And I thought Dan hated Connery's Bond. Suck it Entertainment Weekly! L-)

He only recently said he loved Connery's Bond and films. I think the EW quote was sarcasm that didn't translate well.
    He ALWAYS said, that From Russia with Love and Connery were his favourites.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Germanlady wrote:
    He ALWAYS said, that From Russia with Love and Connery were his favourites.

Yep. Dr. No and From Russia With Love being his favourite two:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2095/craig-names-dn-and-frwl-as-his-favourite-bond-films-due-to-connery
    He is really nice to listen to when he doesn't cuss so much.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Like always, Dan speaks the truth.
    He is genuine in what he says about whatever the subject? With regards to his swearing? I think alot depends also on the interviewer? And in the manner they present themselves and how they load and deliver the questions?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    He is genuine in what he says about whatever the subject? With regards to his swearing? I think alot depends also on the interviewer? And in the manner they present themselves and how they load and deliver the questions?

No it doesn't depend on the interviewer, the interviewee should be carefull how he expresses himself. Unless the interviewer calls the actor a wanker........In that case anything goes.

• Nice to hear respect where respect is due.
    Well done that man.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Not so long ago, there were members on the forum claiming that Craig had no respect whatsoever for the series. They took his Connery comments very seriously. We kept telling them not to read into it all that much but they persisted that Craig loathes the Bond series. Suddenly these other articles show up. In the end we don't know when he speaks the truth: now or then. But I wouldn't it past Craig to be a Connery fan. I mean, who isn't?
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 6,601
    He is on record on many interviews saying, that FRWL and Connery are his favourites. Never forget, how much is taken out of context and how much is just downright a lie from what we get to read. After everything he proved (all the amount of extra work, he did put it etc etc) one bit of doubtful paper pops up and people start to doubt everything they knew so far. Maybe think again...he never did anything to make us think, he doesn't have the utmost respect for the series...he never even slapped Pierce, even though, he might have had reason for it (the teeth thing from Pierce etc). He never acted in anything but the most respectful way towards everything having to do with Bond and the actors.

..and yes, I think, the interviewer has a responsibility as well.
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

No it doesn't depend on the interviewer, the interviewee should be carefull how he expresses himself. Unless the interviewer calls the actor a wanker........In that case anything goes.

DC does swear i grant you. But? I have seen countless interviews with him. All interviewers are different? The interaction and there sense of humour 's are too?

He does not swear in EVERY interview? He adapts to the person and probably also mindful of the audience also depending where he is in the world?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Again, Craig shows his love of the classic, '60's Bond and the respect he has of the series. I think the plan is to bring what he mentions to the forefront again in Skyfall. It better be an event.

I'll let the movie Skyfall speak for itself. I think I'm on hype overload. As we've discussed, every film comes with this sort of "I love the classic Bond's fanfare". It doesn't necessarily mean anything. I too want to be optimistic, but keep expectations level.

RogueAgent wrote:
    DC does swear i grant you. But? I have seen countless interviews with him. All interviewers are different? The interaction and there sense of humour 's are too?

He does not swear in EVERY interview? He adapts to the person and probably also mindful of the audience also depending where he is in the world?

He does not swear in TV interviews at all. ;)
  • Die another day was gonna be a classic Bond as i recall
    This is why I love Daniel Craig:

Maybe I'm a sucker. But, I've a feeling that Skyfall will be what Craig wants.
  • I like the early Bond films too; how about Craig leaving the role and Eon making one in the style of the classic Bonds instead of this awful reboot?
    I like the early Bond films too; how about Craig leaving the role and Eon making one in the style of the classic Bonds instead of this awful reboot?
    I like this post. I like it a lot.

I like the early Bond films too; how about Craig leaving the role and Eon making one in the style of the classic Bonds instead of this awful reboot?

Hope you are kidding? :O