Chuck (2007 - 2012)

edited April 2015 in General Movies & TV Posts: 612
I'm not sure if any of you have heard of it, but there's a brilliant show on NBC called Chuck. It's an action/spy/comedy/romance. Very Roger Moore meets Pierce Brosnan Era Bond-style, but not. There are many Bond references, and several references to other movies - Die Hard and Back To The Future are some that come to mind.

Unfortunately, Chuck is coming to it's last and final episode. I wanted to know if there were any loyal Chuck fans in the MI6 Community out there. Thoughts?

Comments

Great show mate, certainly first two seasons. i know they had budget cut's on season 3 as it was nearly cancelled. unfortunately channel in england that was showing chuck initially, i can no longer get. never got chance to see season 4.
    Another reason to watch is that Tim Dalton is in it, well, season 4 anyway, and is prett y awesome by all accounts!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm not a loyal fan, but I've seen a good bit of the show. I've seen more of season 4 (purely for Dalton and Linda Hamilton) than any of the others. It's not bad, but there are some bits that could have been better.
    I like Chuck...that's the reason i choose my lD user here, hehehe....i am a fan for season 1 and 2, its a very good show, i like the stories, and all the characters...i never got a chance to see season 3 & 4...
    I quit the show somewhere in season 3, never found the will again to continue.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Spies??? Timothy dalton??? die hard referrences??? I need to watch this soon because it sounds like something I'd love
    I loved the first two seasons but Season three was where the show changed for good mainly because of the twist in the Season two closer. The show recovered in the final episodes of Season three and the majority of of Season four mainly due Chuck's best nemesis played by Timothy Dalton. Season five is easily the worst but don't get me wrong there are some really good episodes this season but there are others that make it seem like the showrunners are running out of ideas and recycling ideas used in previous seasons. The final two episodes I hear are supposed to be great so at least the show will end on a high note.
    I never thought brandon superman routh was convincing in season 3. during season 3 you saw less of buy more, think that effected the show.
    I wasn't huge on Season 4, but my favourite episode was Season 3, Episode 13. (Chuck Versus The Other Guy). Give it a watch.
    I wasn't huge on Season 4, but my favourite episode was Season 3, Episode 13. (Chuck Versus The Other Guy). Give it a watch.
    That's the first of the last few episodes of Season 3 that harken back to the quality of Season 2. I thought the finale last night was pretty bittersweet. The funny thing is that since Chuck has always been on the brink of cancellation ever since Season 2 I think the finale's of Seasons 2,3, and 4 could of served as series finale's if need be. However, this one may not have been as solid as some of the other finale's but it did raise the stakes more and had more emotional material in comparison.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Dalton12 wrote:
    They really shouldn't have cancelled it but I guess that is the norm these days.

5 seasons seems just right to me- better a show goes out on its own terms than it gets the unexpected axe (Firefly).
    Great show; one of my favourites.
  • Rewatched season 3 grown on me more, bought season 4 and 5 episodes into the season. Season 4 is great fun, been some great special guest stars so far. And its good to see buy more back.
    Tim as Volkoff rocks that season especially hard IMO!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Was just watching it. Such a good show and shame it ended. Dalton as Volkoff was a great casting choice. And I must say, he looks pretty badass with some ice cream :))

tumblr_malz5yEQNA1rn9u6vo1_400.gif
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Got to the episode where Dalton really excels, with out spoilers its the episode where they are playing charades :-)

Brilliant show. I'm watching it cover to cover again with my girlfriend. We're at the final episode of Season 4.
    Watching season 4 now- Buddha, do I miss Dalton's Bond....
    250px-AlexeiVolkoff_zps31321fa7.png
  • This show was the best. Just the right mix of drama, comedy, and action, and just about everybody was amazing (but especially Captain Awesome and, of course, Timothy Dalton as Volkoff).
    We are just now re-watching this series (into season two now) and man is it still great, funny & action packed. I can't wait 'till season 4 (the one with Dalton). This is a *MUST* for spy fans who have a cool sense of humour! \m/