2012 Bond calendar?

edited January 2012 in Merchandise Posts: 940
I went to the Cinema Store in London last week and the guy working there told me there's no Bond calendar this year! Is this true? Anyone found one? Seems a shame for the 50th anniversary...

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No, there aren't any this year. A real shame, I agree.
    Yeah i was shocked considering it an anniversary year and a very special one at that!
    Yeah i was shocked considering it an anniversary year and a very special one at that!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Yup, none this year - doubtless there'll be more than one for 2013, though, on the back of the anniversary year.

Shame, had to content myself with a Doctor Who calendar instead this year. Oh, the hardship... ;)
  • That is very sad indeed. I had the most amazing Bond Girls calendar last year, and even that was hard to find.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Why aren't they?? That's horrible.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    They haven't had calendars every year. If I'm right there were none in 2009 and 2010 as well. I have 2008's, so they did that year. 2012 is just one of the years EON seem to have missed out. A silly one not to produce a calendar for but there you go.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    But, I don't see what's hard about making a calendar, none the less for the 50TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
    It's something for 2013 I suppose but as I said there's never been one every year anyway - why this is, is anyone's guess.

That's what MI6 is for, they give you something every month!
  • I have to hold my hands up and admit I'm not all up on Bond calendars or such 007 related merchandise, never had a Bond calendar and adamant no such things were in existence when I was a kid, did they even release one for the 40th anniversary with Die Another Day, not that I can recall, I don't really remember many over the years. It would of been a fitting tribute for all if they could of brought out some special edition for this years 50th celebrations. I was reading something similar on AJB007 and others were as much in the dark too, no real 2012 official Bond calendars all said, someone made a suggestion..

http://www.amazingrose.co.uk/node/160

• Maybe we could take our favorite movie posters and make our own! That's what I'm going to do.
    But, I don't see what's hard about making a calendar, none the less for the 50TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
    He's got the spirit!

MAYBE they plan on doing something similar or so many Bond related merchandise, that a calendar is not necessary - in their minds, at least.