One year later

edited January 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,407
One year ago today, "Bond 23" officially confirmed its release date, the writers, Daniel Craig's return, and Sam Mendes. It's hard to believe this was already a year ago. After 2.5 long years of almost nothing, we were finally treated to something official. I just wanted to start this thread to see how much has gone on in a year and how fast this year went compared to the other years of nothing. We've made it this far, only a little longer to go! Cheers!

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I thought this was coming and really, so it should. The build up to Skyfall was great and it feels like a new film is scarily close now.

I think it was 1.5 years of almost nothing though. The writers were confirmed (but changed later) in June 2009.
    It's really hard to believe the movie was officially announced a whole year ago and it's even harder to believe that Mendes was first rumored to direct 'Bond 23' two years ago, in early January 2010!
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It's crazy how time flies isn't it? All the news of MGM and everything else we've had has really made short work of a four year gap between films. As much as I keep telling myself October is far away, I know it's going to be here and gone again in no time. Great but sad, and like I said before, scary in all honesty. I'm just going to enjoy the build up to release for all it's worth now, squeeze every last drop out.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_release_date_announcement.php3?t=&s=articles&id=02768
    Just think, this time in 12 months we will all be speculating about Bond 24 and whether DC will sign on again! Here's hoping he does and that he doesn't do a Connery and get sick of all the media intrusion.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I think it was 1.5 years of almost nothing though. The writers were confirmed (but changed later) in June 2009.

I actually forgot about the Peter Morgan announcement. Wow that was so long ago
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Just think, this time in 12 months we will all be speculating about Bond 24 and whether DC will sign on again! Here's hoping he does and that he doesn't do a Connery and get sick of all the media intrusion.

Hopefully we don't go off topic in this direction as this has already been well covered numerous times, but Craig wants to do a fourth and if the next film is coming out in 2014, there may be a press release announcing it and Craig's return as soon as production of Skyfall is completed.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Its hard to believe its been a year, but I find it even harder to believe its bond 23 already. Seems like yesterday I was a 5 year old watching the living daylights. I didn't really understand the plot but I liked the action and the gadgets.
    wow? has it really been a year? Well i hope the next 9 months go just as quick then! ;)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Wow! How time flies. But i'm going to enjoy the upcoming 9 months to the fullest, to raise my expetation!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    And it amazes me how well it has shaped up so far. For many die-hard fans their wishes have come true. Now I'm only looking forward to the selection of the title song.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I remember when Craig was cast and we were waiting for CR in 2006 like it was yesterday ! Can't believe it's already 2012 !