And if Bond had a daughter?

Comments

• edited January 2012 Posts: 2,341
    How old would the girl be? Would she be a cute pre teen like Alyssa Milano in "Who's the Boss"? Or would she be older in her early twenties?
    Who would be her mother? Octopussy? Goodnight? Perhaps Melina Havelock? If any one of these birthed her then she would be a looker and I can see Bond using his license to kill when the scumbag boys start sniffing around her...
    No, don't think Bond would act the super-daddy, see him more as a man keeping the girl (or kids in general) at bay. Not really a kids guy our 007, is he? Don't see him playing under the X-mas tree with the toys or giving advice how to handle puberty's difficulties. Think he'd be glad to have others handle that and only get to know his spawn when they are already through the worst nightmares of growing up.
    We're getting too deep into a Crystal Skull type of story line for a film. *shudders*
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    How old would the girl be? Would she be a cute pre teen like Alyssa Milano in "Who's the Boss"? Or would she be older in her early twenties?
    Who would be her mother? Octopussy? Goodnight? Perhaps Melina Havelock? If any one of these birthed her then she would be a looker and I can see Bond using his license to kill when the scumbag boys start sniffing around her...

I would prefer it if Mary Goodnight or Anya Amasova was the mother. These are my two favorite Moore-era Bond girls (and, for some reason, Moore is the one I'd expect to have a kid). If neither of these, Kara Milovey.
  • Holy Bond, I literlly am writing this as we speak! All I every really wanted to do was be a writer for movies and I am writing this! I trust all you people to keep this hush hush but, in my script she is kick ass and innocent at the same time and has to save her dad from an old ally. She doesn't like what she has to do but James is the only family she las left. She resents her father for leaving her and her dead mother. And in the end they form a strong "Bond" lol ;) I feel like it is foolish to do this but I don't think I am going to stop I am just glad other people want to see this happen.
    -Bondie700 B-)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    We have a fan fiction thread, I am sure; would be great to read yours, too.
  • dannygirldannygirl Riverview,NB,Canada
    X3MSonicX wrote: »
    With all the women he's slept with its possible that he has a kid somewhere. But still, I'd rather he had a daughter than a son. If he had a son then I'm sure the film writers would just make him out to be a mini bond.

that's the reason why i prefer a daughter. a mini bond's not quite good for the series. although his "daughter" would enter any agency too.

That would be nice. I was thinking of writing a story about a 19-year-old girl who is James Bond's daughter. She would be a p.i. and then join M16. They meet by accident.
  • dannygirldannygirl Riverview,NB,Canada
    Bondie700 wrote: »
    Holy Bond, I literlly am writing this as we speak! All I every really wanted to do was be a writer for movies and I am writing this! I trust all you people to keep this hush hush but, in my script she is kick ass and innocent at the same time and has to save her dad from an old ally. She doesn't like what she has to do but James is the only family she las left. She resents her father for leaving her and her dead mother. And in the end they form a strong "Bond" lol ;) I feel like it is foolish to do this but I don't think I am going to stop I am just glad other people want to see this happen.
    -Bondie700 B-)

That would be awesome. I would love to read it when you're ready.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I wonder if Fleming had plans to let the son come back, in some form, in some book before he died

It was never stated that he had a son, just that Kissy was pregnant with his child.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited October 2020 Posts: 6,789
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Bond has already has a daughter. Mata Bond. Great character.

You've got to love Joanna Pettet. One of the best things about that film.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I wonder if Fleming had plans to let the son come back, in some form, in some book before he died

It was never stated that he had a son, just that Kissy was pregnant with his child.

Exactly. But he never knew.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Here's another interesting thread to unearth.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2021 Posts: 12,459
    Well, you know members will mostly turn her into the next Bond agent; just a grown up female MI6 00 (or similar - maybe CIA??) with daddy issues. But everybody who likes to write fan fiction could have fun with this. Have at it. :)

I'll add my bit: Apple pancakes is her favorite breakfast
    Well, you know members will mostly turn her into the next Bond agent; just a grown up female MI6 00 (or similar - maybe CIA??) with daddy issues. But everybody who likes to write fan fiction could have fun with this. Have at it. :)

I'll add my bit: Apple pancakes is her favorite breakfast

Break 12 eggs, add 5-6 ounces of butter,whisk butter into the eggs when the eggs are ‘slightly still more moist than you would wish for eating.’ Add flour, carefully peel an apple etc.

Bluebeard's daughter, Zorro's daughter, Pan's daughter, The daughter of Lupin, Dracula's daughter, ...

I've always thought that was the lamest thing to do to a character/franchise.

James Bond's daughter.

Yep. Lame decision, IMO. Crucify me if you will. Still a lame decision, for a film that started as a runner and ended up...lame.
    Univex wrote: »
    Bluebeard's daughter, Zorro's daughter, Pan's daughter, The daughter of Lupin, Dracula's daughter, ...

I've always thought that was the lamest thing to do to a character/franchise.

James Bond's daughter.

Yep. Lame decision, IMO. Crucify me if you will. Still a lame decision, for a film that started as a runner and ended up...lame.

But Wolwerine s daughter was great, and Big Daddys daughter was amazing.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Here's another interesting thread to unearth.

Interesting thread it is.
    James Bond a daughter? No. A son? No. A nephew? No! NO! NOOOO!!

The more people try to expand on Bond's personal world, bringing in soap opera elements like relatives to worry about, the more we lose the essence of Fleming's creation.

Let's face it. Bond got married once. And in one of the more dramatic punches of the series said marriage got terminated rather ruthlessly within the hour. It’s as if Fleming tried to tell us that any attempt to push Bond into a somewhat normal life, thriving on the stability of a family bond, is cursed and will only be dealt with in desperate measures.

How visionary some of our members have been coming up with these ideas...
    My older self is currently telling my younger self that in the right hands, even the inconceivable can be conceived. 😄
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    My older self is currently telling my younger self that in the right hands, even the inconceivable can be conceived. 😄

Conceiving beeing the key-word indeed... 😉

Conceiving beeing the key-word indeed... 😉

I'm happy you saw what I did there. ;-)
    i swear EON is scrolling through our forums to find ideas... now if only i can make sure they read my Hilary Duff casting suggestion ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2021 Posts: 17,809
    Eon searching through Bond forums for ideas? This really is The End. :)
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,552
    I would love that, actually. What I mean is, I would love it if they did and taped themselves while at it and then sent us the video. I'd imagine something like this:

0f2c0b32b1ad2b9d8e2807d3351aa932.gif

"Killing off M would be a bad idea, they say. Hm, I'm not so sure.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    So it was always us? We were the authors of our own pain?
    Bond should never go undercover as a nun in a convent. Nevah!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    What if Bond had a daughter and a son?

And they fought each other in the middle of the movie?

After of course a time jump and a gunbarrel.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2021 Posts: 17,809
    mattjoes wrote: »

I agree. That's something for the villain to do instead. In fact, in John Gardner’s Never Send Flowers (1993) the villain, David Dragonpol, disguises himself as a nun to carry out one of his five assassinations over the space of a week.

Oh, and talking of nuns and being undercover:

Hilary Duff should be the bond girl...

and now I sit back and wait :D

Also Yes should do the theme song... well I did my part
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Why not? Whoopi Goldberg could do it. Twice! And at least the first one is among my favourite movies ever. Guaranteed to cheer me up when I feel down.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I agree. That's something for the villain to do instead. In fact, in John Gardner’s Never Send Flowers (1993) the villain, David Dragonpol, disguises himself as a nun to carry out one of his five assassinations over the space of a week.
    Time for those Gardner adaptations, EON!

Dragonpol wrote: »
    Oh, and talking of nuns and being undercover:

Columbo's disheveled appearance led her down the path of homicide.

j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Why not? Whoopi Goldberg could do it. Twice! And at least the first one is among my favourite movies ever. Guaranteed to cheer me up when I feel down.
    Yeah, that's what I had in mind. I actually know these films but I've never seen them. I know I will though. They're part of my endless watchlist.