Daniel are you a Big Girls Blouse or What?

edited January 2012 in Actors Posts: 140
First Daniel dressed up as a lady now there is this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8996843/Daniel-Craig-I-hate-the-way-my-knees-look.html

Some of the comments are well, harsh.

Comments

Glad i am off to work now as i can see another arguement starting! ;) lol
    have fun! =))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:
    have fun! =))

This kind of posts might be considered spam, @RogueAgent. Please use the edit button to add the comment to your previous post.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Grant wrote:
    First Daniel dressed up as a lady now there is this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8996843/Daniel-Craig-I-hate-the-way-my-knees-look.html

Some of the comments are well, harsh.

No I don't think they are harsh. This non-article taking quotes from a magazine states that Craig says he doesn't like his knees. Big deal, I don't like mine.

Does that make me a big girl's blouse?

Mind you it's healthy to have a Brosnan v Craig ongoing debate after decades of Connery v Moore.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2012 Posts: 15,690
    NicNac wrote:
    Mind you it's healthy to have a Brosnan v Craig ongoing debate

My fingers will disagree with you. ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Grant wrote:
    First Daniel dressed up as a lady now there is this article

When did this happen?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Grant wrote:

When did this happen?

<url>

• edited January 2012 Posts: 2,782
    this explains even more not for under 18s:

^ I think I prefer Bab's, Bond-in-a-dress, feminist manifesto to that creepy Craig-film.

I don't care about Craig's knee issues though. Just wish he wasn't hanging out with the anti-Bond, Damon and his think-alike pal, Clooney.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 886
    That interview was in his usual sarcasm. You must learn the British way of self deprecation and dry wit (although going by the initial title thread, it seems maybe you are from the UK?) He also did say he lies in most interviews/questionnaires.
    As for the cover, well it was done for promotional purposes as we know, maybe thinking that Dragon Tattoo was going to open bigger than it did and re: Oscar race. However, the film is recouping it's initial fee and gaining ground. Now whether you feel it was not "cool' for Craig to appear on that cover is another thing but he's an actor and values the art of self promotion even though, indeed, he internally hates it. A conundrum.
    As for being "a big girl's blouse" well I wouldn't want to meet him in a well lit corridor never mind a dark alleyway.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    <font color=darkblue><b>Moved to Actors</b></font>
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Grant wrote:

When did this happen?

<url>

I understand the seriousness of the subject matter - but that was [expletive deleted]ing hillarious!
    On can discuss, whether or not that was a funny answer, but people, who take it serious should just think again ;)
    No, seriously, the abuse/mistreatment/sexism against women is a problem. The method used to bring the topic to our attention: hilarious.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    No, seriously, the abuse/mistreatment/sexism against women is a problem. The method used to bring the topic to our attention: hilarious.
    And Dan doesn't do stupid stuff like that. It is so embarrassing, and yet somehow he agreed to it. It fathoms me...
    Hey, maybe he's avoiding typecasting.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Hey, maybe he's avoiding typecasting.

Yeah, maybe he's training for a British Mrs. Doubtfire or Tootsie remake. =))
    Or a British remake of Junior. I could imagine Craig pregnant now... whoa...
    BTW - he didn't AGREE to do it like that, the womens clothes were HIS idea to bring more attention to it, which makes sense to me. I don't feel its embarrassing at all plus it did the trick rather well - never mind whether or not you agree... ;)
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 886
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 4,622
    Germanlady wrote:
    BTW - he didn't AGREE to do it like that, the womens clothes were HIS idea ......

You're not helping GL. :(
    timmer wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    BTW - he didn't AGREE to do it like that, the womens clothes were HIS idea ......

You're not helping GL. :(

LOL - its not about helping, its about showing, what was the idea behind it and since I am all for it, I have no problem stating, it was his idea. Maybe men have a problem with other guys in women clothes - dunno. If Babs didn't feel, he is disgracing Bond with it, why would we? From what i read, the majority reacted positive...