Are there distinct INTERNATIONAL preferences regarding the Bond actors?

2»

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2012 Posts: 15,690
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Seeing as CR and QOS weren't huge flops then common sense has to tell you Craig has been accepted in the role.

If box offce numbers were dictating which Bond films are the best, then MR would be in everyone's top 5. Which is far from reality.
  • @talos7 agreed. CR was great because it was a classic, but realistic bond film. QOS swung too far and forgot to be a bond film.
  • Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this discussion, but when I originally posted it I was specifically hoping to learn if there are strong INTERNATIONAL preferences for the various Bond actors. I cited my experience with an admittedly small group of Viennese and 4EverBonded gave a view from Japan. But what are the preferences in France, Germany and Italy, for example? Is there anyone out there from these countries - and others? Let's hear from you, please!

I don't think there is alot. I think connery is still considered the best bond worldwide. I think moore is liked better in the UK though.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,661
    Craig is big in Urkstookistan.

That's er... somewhere near Russia. Or is it near Brazil?

Anyway, he's huge there. They worship him as a God.
    LTK was on at lunchtime here the other day on new years day i believe? But didn't watch it as i feared it would have been edited to death, turning it into a 30 min movie! :((
  • RogueAgent wrote:
    LTK was on at lunchtime here the other day on new years day i believe? But didn't watch it as i feared it would have been edited to death, turning it into a 30 min movie! :((

I saw it, they edited some but not alot
    Really? That does surprise me giving that its the one Bond film rated at 15!
    Still cannot bring myself to watching a Bond film on terrestial tv. The ad breaks and edits would drive me mad!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Still cannot bring myself to watching a Bond film on terrestial tv. The ad breaks and edits would drive me mad!

It's great, if only to know you're watching it at the same time as other Bond fans are.
    I only know how one person that doesnt like DC...
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,778
    It's looks like this thread is a safe haven for Craig bashers. These feelings might have been warrented in 2006 but at this point it's kinda sad. Face it Craig has been accepted as James Bond. Both of his films outgrossed Brosnan's and CR was the best reviewed Bond film since perhaps the Connery years. What more proof do you stubborn people need? I thought Brosnan was pitiful in the role but I'll admit he was accepted by the general public as Bond. The only two who weren't were Lazenby and Dalton. I know alot of people who aren't even Bond fans that admitted how much they enjoyed CR. Both the film and Craig were an all-around hit.

And no offense but I feel that @DaltonCraig007 will bash anything that isn't a silly over-the-top Bond film. If Craig dressed up in clown suit and was pushing 60 I'm sure his opinion would change.
    Hmmm.....from what I read I got the impression that Bond is passe among the Japanese youth , that he isn't hip enough ?