The World is not Enough appreciation

edited December 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 162
Just watched TWINE for the first time in atleast 5 years and wow, I have to say that it is one of the best Bond films in my books. Its entertaining, fast, the plot is good, the characters (although many don't like Christmas Jones) are great and most of all,I think it is a very emotional Bond. M is kidnapped, Bond falls in love with a villain, the terminal Renard is a great match for Bond, it's a very gritty and emotional film and I forgot how good it was. This was also when Desmond Llewelyn bid farewell as Q. Brosnans best in my opinion and the only recent film in the last 20-30 years that is better is arguably CR (GE is close). It's very underated in my opinion so where would you guys rank it as a Bond film and what are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ranks lowish for me. There was potential, like dropping Christmas, and improving Renard. The final fight with Renard and Bond is nothing but a disappointing slap fight where Brosnan showcases his infamous pain face to a reluctant audience(me). The parts with Elektra were the only thing saving this film for me, because at least you could see a past and tension between them. As for Christmas, maybe Easter Jones would've been better?? In retrospect, very, very doubtful.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    How has this not been locked yet?
    TWINE sucked then and still sucks now. Morceau was not bad and even brought a slightly better performance out of Brossa but otherwise it was awful. Renard is the most pathetic villain since Sean Bean and the worst prior to Gustav Graves.
  • Oh lol
  • For the last time, The World Is Not Enough for me is the best of the four Brosnan appeared in, I didn't see the Elektra twist coming when first in theaters, I really wish in hindsight she could of remained good and Richards was slain at the end instead, probably the best teaser of the franchise, last appearances of Llewelyn as Q, not too bad theme intro from Garbage, lots to get involved in, Brosnan at his most Bond like, lots of exotic locations, it has Carlyle and Coltrane in it, fair enough it's not the best ever Bond adventure but for me it's the best of the 1990s in any event, Sorry to whoever thinks otherwise

For some reason this won't post, let's try again, maybe the computer hates The World Is Not Enough too :-<
  • For the last time, The World Is Not Enough for me is the best of the four Brosnan appeared in, I didn't see the Elektra twist coming when first in theaters, I really wish in hindsight she could of remained good and Richards was slain at the end instead, probably the best teaser of the franchise, last appearances of Llewelyn as Q, not too bad theme intro from Garbage, lots to get involved in, Brosnan at his most Bond like, lots of exotic locations, it has Carlyle and Coltrane in it, fair enough it's not the best ever Bond adventure but for me it's the best of the 1990s in any event, Sorry to whoever thinks otherwise

For some reason this won't post, let's try again, maybe the computer hates The World Is Not Enough too :-<

Totally agree with what you said, I think this was Brosnan at his best.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thanks QBranch.

I'm closing this one, please continue in the thread linked to in the post by QBranch.
This discussion has been closed.