Goldeneye Reloaded Multiplayer thoughts?

edited December 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 162
I personally love the multiplayer and the only downside is that not enough people seem to be playing. I really enjoy the game overall. The campaign is well done, the multiplayer is good, and the MI6 ops is a nice little extra (although it does seems rushed and one dimensional). Thoughts?

Comments

• tqbtqb
    I think multiplayer is fun but laggy for some reason- and yeah not enough people play. I haven't played Ops yet. Play on xbox live?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited December 2011 Posts: 7,854
    To anybody who's played both the Wii original and the PS3/360 versions: is multiplayer any different (excluding the new characters/maps/play modes)?
  • @tqb Nope sorry, PSN
    I have Reloaded on Xbox 360, but I don't have Live, so I'm limited to just the split-screen multiplayer that my brother and I play together sometimes. I like the added villains and their special weapons the most. I think it was due time we had lots of classic villains with their special abilities. Also, the new maps are a nice touch too, because I was getting tired of the same old maps on the Wii. I play online on the Wii version, and after playing Reloaded online at a friend's house, I noticed that there is really no difference except for the extra characters, maps, and some extra game modes.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    00Beast wrote:
    I play online on the Wii version, and after playing Reloaded online at a friend's house, I noticed that there is really no difference except for the extra characters, maps, and some extra game modes.

Well, in that case, I kinda like GE/GE:R's multiplayer. It's probably faster on Reloaded, but on the Wii version, I'm glad it's not as fast as COD multiplayer, where you get twelve seconds to line up a kill before somebody on the other side of the map with sniper rifle kills you.

Say, 00Beast, what name do you play the Wii version under?
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 127
    @AGENT007391
    I played on the Wii version for about a year religiously. I loved that game so much I sold my Wii and bought a XBOX just before reloaded and then picked up Reloaded on release. There are several differences between the two.

-The fast pace of Goldeneye Wii has been slowed down in Reloaded to mirror COD speed....which I wasn't happy about but have come to accept it and now it is the norm.

-Heroes mode is different because hero spawning is automatic and the Heroes themselves have been boosted with much much more health and gun power. A hero can be almost impossible to kill at times without 2-3 players attacking him at once.

-ADS snap has been removed from online play. You still get it for MI6 OPS and Story Mode but not online. You better learn to hip fire or you will get owned.

-Remote Trigger mines have been tampered with and not in a good way. They take twice as long to throw and twice as long to detonate. Often times this will leave you open for easy kills.

-Most of the maps have been expanded to better fit up to 16 players. The days of boatroom camping are over :) Other maps haven't been touched at all and can only be played in non team based modes such as Archives, Jungle, Nightclub, and Docks. You will get the occasional glitch where the lobby only allows a low number of players in and you get the rare chance at one of the 4 previously mentioned maps to select from in a team mode.....but it is RARE.

-The leveling system has been revamped to resemble that of COD. You now level up to 50 and then get the option to specialize, or so called prestige, which gives you a bullet by your name and you start back over at level 1. Each time you Specialize you get another loadout slot unlocked for you to use and a new pistol. You will unlock 5 new pistols I believe and get a total of 10 loadout slots as oppose to the 5 in Goldeneye Wii. The weapon and gadgets have also been shuffled around a bit with the Ivana being unlocked before the Strata for example.

-Shotguns seem way overpowered......which leads to a lot of players using them on every fricken map which gets very annoying. Good thing the STRATA is still beast to counter them suckers :P honestly though if you are good at hip firing and moving your feet while doing it you can counter shotguns well. But they are still annoying lol.

-You no longer unlock attachments via leveling system. Now you unlock them simply by using a weapon and getting kills with it. the more kills you get the more attachments are at your disposal. You have to unlock all the attachments for every gun this way. There is a weird glitch where sometimes a gun has access to all the attachments already eventhough you never used it.

-Teams are picked before the match starts with 8 on top and 8 on bottom where Goldeneye Wii had everyone bunched on the lobby screen and teams were picked once the match was actually starting.

-You only get 1 proximity mine instead of 2 thank god!!!!!!!!! As Bond in heroes you only get 2 instead of 3.

-The private partying system is amazing and works really well. When [RS] had wars on the Wii version it was a HUGE pain in the butt. On Reloaded it is silky smooth.

There is much more that I will think of but hope this helps for now.

I LOVE RELOADED BTW :)

I haven't played reloaded (Its a long story about a grounded cargo ship) But the multiplayer looks similar to FRWL, so can any one tell me can you play local or do you HAVE to play online?
  • I think you have to play online, not certain though
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Virage wrote:
    I haven't played reloaded (Its a long story about a grounded cargo ship) But the multiplayer looks similar to FRWL, so can any one tell me can you play local or do you HAVE to play online?

I remember that story! LOL =)) Sorry... :D
    Virage wrote:

I remember that story! LOL =)) Sorry... :D

:((
    And no other cargo ships travel to wherever it is you live?
    And no other cargo ships travel to wherever it is you live?

No there all on the f______ Boat!!!!!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i enjoy Goldeneye Multiplayer.... but I think I enjoy it more, doing the splitscreen with friends, than actually playing it online... there aren't a lot of people playing it online, and Eurocom/Activision don't give you a lot of incentive to play it online...... the one thing that I was looking forward to the most, was being able to use the classic characters in online play - which you can.. but it's only in 1 game mode (classic conflict), and you have to unlock it by leveling up.. i think it's when you upgrade yourself to level 50, you unlock it...... sorry, but I just don't have the patience to play online enough to get that game mode, when i can just use them in splitscreen against my friends..... did they really need to have this mode unlockable? No... they were probably thinking that it'll keep gamers around who want to unlock them to use online.... and yes, a few have, but a lot were probably turned off (including myself) by having to unlock it - AT LEVEL 50 NO LESS!... the classic characters should've been ready to use in ANY online game mode right from the start... instead 99% of the multiplayer is typical red vs blue generic terrorists vs generic agents (yawn)... while i still enjoy popping in GERL's multiplayer from time to time, I don't play it for long - as i said before - there is no real incentive to play it for long time... the only reason to play it is unlocked at level 50, but at that point it's no longer worth it...

i do like some the diversified game modes - like escalation, and goldeneye.... but the rest are pretty standard
    Actually you unlock Classic Conflict around level 35 I believe. Also if you had pre-ordered Reloaded you got a code that allows you access to Classic Conflict at all times. But to be honest not many people play Classic Conflict for some reason.

I have a ton of fun playing online. For me it is about playing with friends on your friend list and guys in your clan. Party chat while playing is a blast and we always get groups together to go play the unpopular modes like BB, Data Miner, Goldeneye, Bomb Defuse, etc... Another reason I play is simply for competition reasons. I enjoy battling it out to improve my stats.

I don't know if you are one of the MANY who just run with shotguns every map but if you are I can see where you'd get bored with this game. Or if you just aren't that good at it.
  • The shotguns are ridiculous lmao they account for 90% of my deaths, I should probably try them.... What gun do you guys think is the best?
  • Escalation mode is an amazing split screen mode.
    I use the sigmus 9 lasered with FF and Heavy Hitter for most of my leveling until I get the strata at level 45. The Sigmus is very accurate and has a nice rate of fire so by throwing HH on there you get results very similar to a Strata....but not quite obviously. The most important thing is being able to hip-fire while strafing to compete against the shotgun bums.

The SEGS is a beast for the shotgun maps...I still use it over the Drumhead or Masterton at times. You get way more 1 shot kills with it than the others and it has great range. Masterton is the obvious choice for best shotgun but it is such a bull crap weapon that I don't use it much out of respect for the online community.

My go to gun is the Strata. Once I unlock it I use it almost exclusively, even on shotgun maps. It has great power, rate of fire, accuracy, and almost no recoil....It's a fricken killing machine. And since I am level 46 on my last specialization I never have to be without it again "evil laugh".

When sniping I like the WA200. I only use silenced attachment and a few of the rifles don't allow for it so that crosses them off my list right away. I find myself getting into a good rhythm with the WA200.

Anyone wanna check out some game vids my youtube channel is TKING8011.
  • Im alow levelo still I just use the AK47
    Well when you hit level 10 you get the sigmus 9. Put Fast Forward and Snap Shot in your loadout and use it for a few matches until you unlock the laser attachment for it. Throw that on it immediately and you will be good to go for a long time. You get the SEGS in the middle teens so equip that sucker ASAP too with Fast Forward.
  • I think I'm level 7 right now, I almost have the loadouts
    Well what is taking you so long? :P

P.S. AK47 is the worst gun in the game!!!!
  • Is it, i just got the game a few days ago lol
    00Beast wrote:
    I play online on the Wii version, and after playing Reloaded online at a friend's house, I noticed that there is really no difference except for the extra characters, maps, and some extra game modes.

Well, in that case, I kinda like GE/GE:R's multiplayer. It's probably faster on Reloaded, but on the Wii version, I'm glad it's not as fast as COD multiplayer, where you get twelve seconds to line up a kill before somebody on the other side of the map with sniper rifle kills you.

Say, 00Beast, what name do you play the Wii version under?

00Beast actually! Same name as on here!
    Cool, mine's Bandage131.
  • Anyone have PSN that plays the game?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Anyone have PSN that plays the game?

When I purchase the game, I'll be online.
    Cool, mine's Bandage131.

Do you play often? I don't think I've seen you yet.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Anyone have PSN that plays the game?

When I purchase the game, I'll be online.

Add Vv-Geist-vV on PSN (tell me who you are) and we can play when you get it.

00Beast wrote:
    Cool, mine's Bandage131.

Do you play often? I don't think I've seen you yet.

I'm semi often. Honestly, I'm not sure I'll be playing any time in the next week, because I'm almost done with Modern Warfare 3 (surprisingly good on the Wii, BTW).
  • i play psn...just got it a few days bak....lvl8 or 9 right now....username: midwestompkrew ===lets party