A Study in Sherlock (with SPOILERS) - the stories (and celebrating Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

ggl007 wrote: »

looks quite charming, and Ian McKellen is a legend!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This looks amazing! Gorgeous! I am fascinated by it already. :) Thanks so much for posting this, @ggl007.
    This looks amazing! Gorgeous! I am fascinated by it already. :) Thanks so much for posting this, @ggl007.
    You're welcome! I think this is another one:

edited March 2015 Posts: 2,539

@-) =D>
    This looks really good...

Oh that is wonderful! Excellent, intriguing, beautifully shot. :) I so look forward to this! Thanks very much, @ggl007.
    Oh that is wonderful! Excellent, intriguing, beautifully shot. :) I so look forward to this! Thanks very much, @ggl007.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow. This looks, clever, heartbreaking and thrilling all at once. Can't wait to see it.

I think this will truly stand as one of the best Holmes adaptations of all time when it releases.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    This looks really good...

This looks very good!
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,539

Guess who at 00:45!! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Spectacular! I've always wanted to see Nicholas Rowe and Alan Cox playing the famous twosome again as much older men, and it's nice to get just a slight wink here. I wonder if Alan is playing Watson in the reel Holmes is watching?
    Excellent! Thank you, @ggl007. :-bd
    edited May 2015 Posts: 12,459
    BAD news ... :( I'm still fuming. :-w

Here, let me quote author Lyndsay Faye who put it so well (from her twitter):
    Lyndsay Faye
    There's jackassery, and then there's pure unadulterated dickishness. ACD Estate Sues to Block Ian McKellen Film https://shar.es/1ri33y Ian-McKellan-Mr.-Holmes-Trailer.jpg

And here is the article on this ... http://www.thewrap.com/sherlock-holmes-creators-estate-sues-to-block-ian-mckellen-film/

[-(
    Yeah, those that run the ACD Estate are utter money-hounding asses. They want to get every single ounce of money out of every single Holmes-related project, no matter how feeble their arguments for legal action may be.
  • There will only ever be one real Sherlock Holmes - Jeremy Brett.

The Cumberbatch series is such tripe.
    Don't know what to make of Houdini & Doyle. I didn't even know it was in existence.

I think they are making Houdini too much of a hyper, jumpy sort here, almost bordering on the comedic. It's like Guy Ritchie's Holmes times ten. As for the casting of the actor in the Doyle role, I was hoping to see someone with a booming Scottish brogue and cement wall frame. Doyle has always seemed large in size to me in photos. That being said, one interesting element of the show could be Doyle's spirituality clashing with Houdini's knack for smokescreens and uncovering the fraud behind the many things people of his time viewed as "supernatural." Might check it out...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll take a big pass on that 'Houdini & Doyle' show. Those fifty seconds of footage told me all I need to know.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, the show is looking a bit too straight forward and lacking to have unique clashes such as the one you named. ;)
    Not watched it yet so will post my thoughts later!
    I'm so happy to bump this.

Robert Downey Jr. says 'Sherlock Holmes 3' may shoot this year:

http://screenrant.com/sherlock-holmes-3-downey-filming-2016/

The schedules align perfectly for Ritchie, Downey Jr., and Law if they choose to film at the end of the year. If not, it'll be a longer wait, as Downey will be busy with the two 'Avengers: Infinity War' movies.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It's about damned time.
    The game is a foot, the time is now! Let's hope the stars align and we get this. Game of Shadows left so much up in the air, and the longer they wait to tie up loose ends, the more painful it'll be.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm looking forward to this movie. Honestly I've never been to fond of Cumberbatch's TV show (even though it's much more faithful to Conan Doyle's works, which I love) and felt it was too overrated, but I really enjoyed Downey Jr.'s movies.
  • only seen the first one but really enjoyed it ,especially the fight in the dockyard. just ordered the second one .
    @valentinzukovsky, if you liked the action of the first, you'll love the second. It takes everything to another level.
    James Coyne to do a rewrite for 'Sherlock Holmes 3':

http://deadline.com/2016/04/sherlock-holmes-3-writer-james-coyne-1201743194/
    Somewhere, amidst the pages of this fascinating author, we can feel it is indeed always 1895.

Today, however, it is May 22nd (a good many years later!) ~ and today we celebrate the birthday of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This fascinating man led quite an adventurous, bold, and colorful life.

If you'd like more info - besides scrolling back through this long dormant thread - you can click here and choose from an array of subjects concerning Sir Arthur.
    https://www.conandoyleinfo.com/sherlock-holmes/

You know there is hansom cab waiting for you, on this foggy gaslit evening, with the promise of a good pipe and hot tea (or maybe brandy) later ... what are you waiting for?

Let's raise a glass and a cheer: Happy Birthday, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle!

The game is afoot ..