My James Bond novel

edited April 13 in Fan Creations Posts: 9,771
Ok so this is a bit out there for me but one morning when i could not sleep i began to imagine a modern james bond thriller and i kind of came up with an idea that i want to post here. I have in my head at least the first three chapters and i plan on posting the outline first then the first three chapters and if people love it maybe i will write a full fan novel.

But first a record scratch moment i am changing one tiny thing about 007 he will be a fan of prog rock not jazz. Its an incredibly minor thing but as Fleming added his love of Eggs to the character and Gardner removed it because he wasnt a fan so i feel updating Bond’s taste in music is a bit of my way into the character so i can see the world through bond’s eyes so to speak

A few other bits of house keeping

1. Much like Carte Blanche the 00 branch is an off rhe books ultra secret service in loyalty to the British crown
2. Universal Exports in jy world is actually a successful business in addition to being a cover for the 12 00 agents
3. M is a male and gruff
4. I dont have a title but since i am huge yes fan i might steal a title from them spirit of survival or mirror to the sky come to mind

That i think is all the record scratch moments cleaned up now to wet all your appetites the blurb on what would be the back cover

When a US Senator claiming a secret society is infiltrating the American and British governments is found brutally murdered the CIA and MI6 only trust one man to solve the case and stop an insurrection on American and British soil James Bond 007.

As this is my first attempt at this every and all criticism and help is appreciated

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Risico007 I like that you've added in your own personal touches with the music, and I miss Univex. I wish EON would make a film closer to how you describe with Univex being more prominent. I keep thinking back to a simple The Man From Univex, which yeah, may be a lazy reworking of 'The Man From Uncle', but it's old school spy-like, it's mysterious, it seems tried and true. (Plus EON reused the old title 'NTTD') I would take a risk on a title like that.

The addition of a secret society could provide opportunity for some occult/supernatural/horror themes which tend to work really well in Bond adventures.

What locations will you have Bond traveling to? The US? I do like seeing Bond in the US.

I've got some dialogue you can work into the story:

Moneypenny: "Are you a fan of prog rock, James?"
    Bond: "I am, but there is just one band I can't stand..."
    Moneypenny: "Yes?"
    Bond: "Considerably."
    Moneypenny: "Better get yourself some earmuffs then, because that wall that divides our offices... It's paper thin..."
    Bond: "Speaking of paper, I've gotta run to the newsstand. (Errands for M.)"
    Moneypenny *calling out as Bond departs*: "While you're out, get some earmuffs for M and Tanner, too!"