Would you rather watch Thunderball or Never Say Never Again?

Comments

Seeing how Draco treated his daughter and what fate she eventually met (partly due to his attempt to make her happy no less) I'm gonna go with Kerim. And hey, if I were his son I'd be guaranteed a job in the family business. Doesn't seem like a bad deal.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    edited June 2023 Posts: 4,999
    Time to move off the Dad's and look to Lairs. Bond films have been known for their cool fantastical lairs. If you were a Bond villain...

Would you rather have an underground volcano as your lair, OR a mountaintop fortress that is accessible only by helicopter or cable car?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I most positively prefer the mountaintop variant, just for the view. Though it doesn't have to be the snowy/wintry kind, if there is an option to have something without snow and cold. I'm definitely not a winter fan.

Then of course if I were planning to launch spacecraft, the volcano might make more sense (not really today, with spy satellites everywhere).
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The underground, cavernous lairs are more interesting to me. And covert.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Definitely the mountain top fortress. I like to be able to see out. And whilst the volcano lair does have a monorail, and cool apartment for me, I'd probably trip and fall into the piranha pool.
    In my mountain fortress I could stop unwanted guests if I needed too. Especially with my many signs of Eintritt Verboten
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    The mountain top lair gets my vote. Why? Reasons..... :D
    on-her-majestys-secret-service-girls-piz-gloria.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited June 2023 Posts: 16,333
    Mountain lair if it looked like this.
    JsLfGa5.png
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 15,843
    Mountain top fortress.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Mountain top fortress. Keep the humans away.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Mountaintop fortress for privacy, peaceful living and style.

Even when not in snow, I'd still prefer a fortress or a house at the top of a mountain, there's this breeze, ease, and solemnity.

I don't liked Volcano lairs, when it erupts, I'd be dead, and it's hot and there's lava, there's no way that I could live long there, and less said when there's an earthquake.
  • Is the Bobsleigh track included in the Mountaintop Fortress??? If so you have my answer then.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dwayne wrote: »
    The mountain top lair gets my vote. Why? Reasons..... :D
    on-her-majestys-secret-service-girls-piz-gloria.jpg

This.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Mountain lair if it looked like this.
    JsLfGa5.png

And this.

Venutius wrote: »
    Mountain top fortress. Keep the humans away.

And especially this.

I think it's safe to conclude... that I want the mountaintop fortress. I don't even care about the bobsled thing. I ain't never coming down again.
    QBranch wrote: »
    The underground, cavernous lairs are more interesting to me. And covert.
    Seems my choice is the unpopular one. I'll turn the key on my way out.
    I thought it would be a closer battle too @QBranch For what it is worth I am with you with the volcano lair, who wouldn't want to ride a monorail while taking over the world! LOL!

Okay lets try this one

Would you rather own a wristwatch that can become magnetic and a saw OR a wristwatch that fires darts?
    Have you seen what Bond can do to miss Caruso with that watch? So yeah, the watch. Please.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Knowing my luck I’d activate the magnet watch at the wrong time.
    So I’ll go with the wristwatch dart gun please.
    There are a few people I could make it ‘heartbreaking ‘ for. :-O ;)
    The magnet watch for me.
    The magnetic watch, mainly for the reason that I have no people to attack to, for fun purposes, I would pick the magnetic watch.

But in case of self defense then probably the dart watch, it can save my life.
    I'd take the dart wristwatch; it could be useful if I get mugged. In a similar situation, the saw wristwatch would require me to get close to my enemy, and if they were pointing a gun at me, that would be a big risk. The magnet could also be dangerous. "Sure, I'll take the gun away from you with the magnet!" But what if the gun is too heavy and I end up driving just the bullet towards me?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2023 Posts: 15,025
    The magnet seems way more useful, doesn't it? I can get something I left over there. Only problem is scratching my lovely nice watch every time something flies across the room into its face! And the buzzsaw would always come in handy around the house, trimming ribbons on presents, opening tricky packets of biscuits etc.

On that subject, I've been meaning to share with you guys my latest watch purchase. No joke, no photoshop, this is my watch: I received it last month and I absolutely love it. Notice the edge of the bezel- saw teeth!

ME16IZCL_o.jpg

And if I pull out this button...
    ME16IZCU_o.jpg
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    If I remember correctly, the "dart shooting" device was not really a wristwatch, but was worn like one. In other words, I'd vote for the magnetic/buzz saw version simply because it tells you the time. The other contraption doesn't.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 13,997
    JW is right - the Moonraker wrist dart was not a watch, it just had a Seiko bracelet. TWINE video game had the dart-firing Seamaster. And it was green!

I'll go with the buzzsaw/magnet though, as two is better than one and more versatile depending on the situation.
    @mtm Congrats on getting that one, it looks great.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I dunno, wrist darts seem risky...

Ted_Olsen_-_Edited.png
    Classic pic @Agent_99 poor Ed took one for the team that day! LOL!

Okay lets move off gadgets and try something completely different!

would you rather give a flying lesson to Mrs. Bell, OR teach Red Grant the finer things in food and drink
    Not sure if Grant would take too kindly to that. And hey, I'm pretty easy going when it comes to people's food/drink preferences.

Mrs. Bell seems like a legitimately nice person too. Flying lesson it is.
    Mrs. Bell freaks me the $&!? out. Grant seems like a guy to keep as a friend, though. If he can arrange a similar garden massage for me, that is.
    Mrs. Bell for me.

What I'm thinking here was after each scenes, at least after the flying lessons, I know that she's not a threat, she's nice and all done.

With Grant, there's a threat after that, the guy would've killed me after the dinner, so no.
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 7,502
    Poor Mrs Bell! I know she's not all that but I yhink it might be a bit degrading to compare her to a psychotic murderer!
    jobo wrote: »
    Poor Mrs Bell! I know she's not all that but I yhink it might be a bit degrading to compare her to a psychotic murderer!

My thoughts exactly.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I love cooking, so I'd go for number 2. I suppose I wouldn't be the easiest of teachers, though I'm sure Mr Grant won't mind :))