"For Your Eyes Only" in Full Score - Book with sheet music of the FYEO score

mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
edited June 2023 in Music Posts: 6,714
Yes, yes, I checked the existing music threads, but eventually decided this was cool enough to deserve its own topic.

They're releasing the SHEET MUSIC of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, straight from the original documents!

https://neumation-music.com/products/bill-conti-for-your-eyes-only-in-full-score

For_Your_Eyes_Only_cover_small_4bbeec78-af94-4398-8297-362cc94c8e3c_1100x.png?v=1672002954

SHEET MUSIC EXCERPTS

I have paired them with the respective music tracks.

Dumping Blofeld
Inside the Monestary:

MORE INFO

BILL CONTI: For Your Eyes Only (in Full Score)

DESCRIPTION

After scoring Moonraker, John Barry was unable to return to the UK to score For Your Eyes Only, the twelfth entry in the EON Productions/United Artists James Bond franchise. Barry recommended Bill Conti, who had recently earned Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations for Rocky and An Unmarried Woman. Producer Cubby Broccoli and director John Glen wanted For Your Eyes Only to return to the style of the early Ian Fleming 007 stories. The result was more grounded, gritty, and realistic than its predecessors.

Bond is ordered to recover recover a missile command system before Soviet agents, while becoming entangled in a web of deception spun by a Greek businessman and a woman seeking to avenge the murder of her parents.

Conti delivered a disco-influenced score that continued the James Bond musical language created by John Barry in a fresh, new direction. In 1982, Conti received his second Oscar nomination for his work on For Your Eyes Only – Best Music, Original Song category, cementing his place in the pantheon of 007 composers.

Engraved from the original orchestrations by Pete Myers and Bobby Richards.

230 pages. 9 x 12. Paperbound. Printed in the USA

THIS PUBLICATION IS AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE.

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING IMPORT FEES IN THEIR REGION

CONTENTS

Foreword (Director: John Glen)

Introduction

Motifs

Table of Contents

Instrumentation

1M1 Gunbarrel Logo
1M2 Theresa's Grave
1M3 Dumping Blofeld
1M4 For Your Eyes Only (Title Song)
2M1 Change of Watch
2M2 Moscow
2M3 Death of the Havelocks
2M4 San Martin
3M1 Stinger
3M2 Gonzalez Takes a Dive
3M3R A Drive in the Country
3M4 Unfinished Business
4M1 Cortina
4M2 Ice Rink Practice
4M3 Ice Rink Waltz
4M4 Saving Melina
5M1 Sleigh Ride
5M2 Ski Chase I
5M2 Ski Chase II
6M1 Ski Chase III
6M2 Ferrara Killed
6M5 On the Terrace
7M5 Sexy Record
7M6 Lisl Klled
8M1 Dove to Warehouse
8M2 No Head for Heights
9M1 Underwater Meeting
9M3 Submarine
9M4 Divers Approach
10M1 Recovering the ATAC
10M2 Sub vs. Sub
11M1 Underwater Escape
11M3 St. Cyril's
11M4 The Climb
12M1 Inside the Monestery
12M2 Raid on St. Cyril's
13M1 PM Gets the Bird

This is such a kickass score. I'll probably have to get my filthy hands on this book.

And I sure hope it leads to more Bond scores getting similar treatment.

Comments

• KronsteenKronsteen Stockholm
    Wow, that is badass! I would probably have bought the book whichever score it contained, but I have a soft spot for FYEO. What a fantastic opportunity to be able to dive right into Contis music!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The score makes almost makes the movie unwatchable for me.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Kronsteen wrote: »
    Wow, that is badass! I would probably have bought the book whichever score it contained, but I have a soft spot for FYEO. What a fantastic opportunity to be able to dive right into Contis music!

It's pretty cool that they're releasing the sheet music for this particular score, because it's quite the busy score in certain parts. Definitely much busier than the John Barry scores. In that sense, it would benefit a lot from a book. I'm especially looking forward to the Ski...Shoot...Jump sheet music.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible