What's your Bond movie of choice?

in Bond Movies Posts: 12
You had a long day. You relax, kick up your feet, and sip your vodka martini (shaken, not stirred). Which Bond movie do you put on?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Tomorrow Never Dies.
    OCTOPUSSY
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    OCTOPUSSY

"Out there?"
  • Live and Let Die. It’s not my favorite, and I don’t even think it’s in my Top 10, but it’s always the one I go back too for how breezy and fun it can be.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited May 2023 Posts: 1,006
    Lately, Octopussy. And it’s #14 in my ranking 🤣. There’s just something wildly entertaining about it, and it ticks all the boxes. Like ALL OF THEM.

Otherwise, Quantum of Solace.
    Live and Let Die. It’s not my favorite, and I don’t even think it’s in my Top 10, but it’s always the one I go back too for how breezy and fun it can be.

For breezy fun I always fall back on Diamonds Are Forever.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    edited May 2023 Posts: 4,941
    Depending on my mood it would be the following films:

• shitty day at work, Diamonds Are Forever! The film is a light and breezy affair. Brilliant script with many quotable lines. Wint and Kidd are deadly and funny. Lots of love here!
    • good day at work, Goldeneye! Love this film for the bravado and brashness. This Bond is what the character should be with some nods to modern day, or at least mid-nineties day. Dench is a highlight even though she only has a few scenes. Brosnan acts like he's been playing Bond for years!
    • meh day at work, On Her Majesty's Secret Service! sure it's a downer ending, but it has some brilliant action that advances the story. The style of the film is great< this film was shot well and gives you a sense of the grand adventure
    • intense day at work Quantum of Solace, hard hitting and fast paced. This film is a chaotic mess, but on some level it works. The Opera sequence is great and always brings a smile to my face.
    thedove wrote: »
    Depending on my mood it would be the following films:

• shitty day at work, Diamonds Are Forever! The film is a light and breezy affair. Brilliant script with many quotable lines. Wint and Kidd are deadly and funny. Lots of love here!
    • good day at work, Goldeneye! Love this film for the bravado and brashness. This Bond is what the character should be with some nods to modern day, or at least mid-nineties day. Dench is a highlight even though she only has a few scenes. Brosnan acts like he's been playing Bond for years!
    • meh day at work, On Her Majesty's Secret Service! sure it's a downer ending, but it has some brilliant action that advances the story. The style of the film is great< this film was shot well and gives you a sense of the grand adventure
    • intense day at work Quantum of Solace, hard hitting and fast paced. This film is a chaotic mess, but on some level it works. The Opera sequence is great and always brings a smile to my face.

Agreed on all counts.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Octopussy.
    Quantum of Solace
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited May 2023 Posts: 2,925
    QOS.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    Tomorrow Never Dies is pure comfort Bond and it doesn't pretend to be anything else and I love for that.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Octopussy.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    As with many of you, my Bond movie of choice depends on my mood. That said, I find Thunderball (or You Only Live Twice), For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights or The World Is Not Enough to be my most frequent re-watches.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Quantum of Solace is my comfort blanket. Lean and mean!
    Quantum of Solace is my comfort blanket. Lean and mean!

Got 90 minutes, why not watch Quantum Of Solace? All the intensity with half the run time of current Bond movies! :-c
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Octopussy. The most entertaining bond movie hands down
    w2bond wrote: »
    Octopussy. The most entertaining bond movie hands down

If I had a second choice, OP would be it! Plan to watch it this weekend for its anniversary!
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    You Only Live Twice