Who was Jaws working for in MR's pre credits sequence?

Whirlybird_FanWhirlybird_Fan Sydney, Australia
in Bond Movies Posts: 48
He couldn't have been working for Drax at that time (Come to think of it, how could he have fit inside that plane, without Bond's knowledge?).

Your thoughts?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2022 Posts: 17,787
    I always just assumed he was working for the man with the sunglasses and moustache or else he was another henchman working for the undisclosed main villain. I suppose we're not meant to think too much about it as we're not given any definite information about Jaws's employer. It's just intended to be an unrelated mission being tidied up by Bond in spectacular fashion at the start of the film. It's designed to get the audience in the mood for the film while the exposition scenes with M, Q, the Minister of Defence and Dr Holly Goodhead are played out afterwards.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited December 2022 Posts: 3,390
    He never worked for anyone in the PTS, it's simple that he wants revenge for what Bond did to him in TSWLM, he fed him to a shark, got lost in the middle of the sea, Bond lifted him by lowering down the magnet pulley on his metallic teeth.

Of course, the man wants a payback! He wants revenge!

About the man with a moustache, he might hired him, for sure Jaws got paid by Stromberg for his services to him.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    There's no way of knowing who Jaws' employer was in the PTS, but remember later in the film Drax makes a phonecall to someone about finding a replacement for Cha. Jaws was a henchman for hire!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    We have a perfectly good thread to ask such questions...

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/2843/the-james-bond-questions-thread#latest

Appropriately called, The James Bond Questions Thread. ;)

Please feel free to repost and continue there.
This discussion has been closed.