Die Another Day (would it have been cool in 3D)

edited December 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 581
i was thinking what if they made Die Another Day using 3D technology- i mean alot of scenes especially the gunbarell would have been perfect for 3D

the bit where Brosnan is riding the waves-imagine that in 3D
The Gunbarrel where it feels like its going to actually hit you

cant think of any other scenes...

Comments

002 wrote:
    the bit where Brosnan is riding the waves-imagine that in 3D

It was bad enough in 2D.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Moved from General Discussion (non Bond) in to Bond Movies
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I completely agree with Lord Vader, but I will say that the gunbarrel might have looked cool in 3D.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,929
    I copped a bit of a ribbing for even joking about Bond in 3D, but in my serious opinion, if they were to adapt one Bond film to 3D (and I mean one) I would prefer it be DAD. Certain scenes would definitely benefit in 3D: the bullet, the car chase, the part where Jinx exits the water...
    The film would look bad in any format especially the naff iceberg-surfing sequence!
  • This is James Bond, not Jaws

although people may well have been frantically making way or clearing the area when Die Another Day was released in theaters

The surf riding atrocity was bad enough as it was without any enhanced effects, and what about Brosnans terrible shirts every now and again, it would of been murder on the eyes, I think this DAD 3D concept is not really a wise idea
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I really hope they never make a Bond movie in 3D. Just try to imagine a trailer saying, "James Bond is back in 'Skyfall 3D'. It just sounds awful.
  • I really hope they never make a Bond movie in 3D.

Me too. I find it hard to be an optimist, though, since they apparently make everything in 3D these days.....