Share your story ideas for BOND 26

191011121315»

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I just hope gadgets are kept to a minimum and we get some proper old school spycraft.

Second this
    echo wrote: »
    Or "year 3." ;)

That too.
    I just hope gadgets are kept to a minimum and we get some proper old school spycraft.

Same here.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Ludovico wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    Or "year 3." ;)

That too.

Same here.

I'd love to see them follow the CR template, possibly with MR this time. Bond and M are indispensable of course, but only use Moneypenny and Q if strictly necessary.
  • Piggy999Piggy999 Scotland
    edited March 12 Posts: 1
    I've got one-
    James bond has to stop a raging high-tech war between four technology companies, one from Japan, owned by Asian billionaire Thomas Tarashi, one from Spain owned by Mexican land owner Maria Quera, one from India owned by Indian prince Tobi Drakka and one from South Africa owned by the ruthless General Thundergem, before it causes irreversible global damage. James would travel through each country, fighting villains of both humans and machines and travelling through exotic villain lairs such as Indian palaces or high-tech Japanese buildings. The final fight would be a chase through some kind of African jungle, with high-tech helicopters and trucks.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome to the forum @Piggy999
    Good to see you get straight into things. It certainly is a very full on story idea, though maybe a little to video game like, rather than Bond film.
    What's the overall threat from these tech companies? And why is Bond involved?
    I would like to see less high-tech. I'm not a fan of Bond being "chipped" as if he's a pet.
    Too much Q tracking Bond's every move is already old. An off the grid Bond story would be a nice change.
    CrabKey wrote: »
    I would like to see less high-tech. I'm not a fan of Bond being "chipped" as if he's a pet.
    Too much Q tracking Bond's every move is already old. An off the grid Bond story would be a nice change.

Agreed. Although it was more of a recurring thing they simply brought back in SP and to a much lesser extent NTTD (and to be fair, the whole 'smart blood' thing kinda links into the nanobots so it makes sense in that world). But yes, it'd be nice if Bond didn't have to be tracked and MI6 trusted him.
  • edited March 14 Posts: 14,830
    I'd rather have less high tech myself. Make the MacGuffin a big bomb or something . Or money.

Oh and just a thought: I'd rather they don't use the evil businessman trope. Unless his business is weapons or intelligence or something like that. Make the villain a terrorist, a rogue military officer, or a spy, yes, a scientist of some sort even (like Dr No). But not an amateur criminal. Too often they come off as poor man's Goldfingers.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    With everything being surveyed, it makes sense for Bond to be as analogue as untraceable as possible. That would of course, mean that M has too trust his finest agent.
    Adding to my previous story suggestion about Bond on a training mission without technology. Here is my callback opening.

PTS
    We open in a foreign city. After leaving from a dining engagement, a diplomat and his beautiful female aide are accosted and shoved into a car. During the scuffle, the diplomat loses a cuff link which is in the style of a miniature golf ball.
    Close up of the cuff link that dissolves into an actual golf ball on a tee.
    A second later the ball is hit with a club that sends it soaring off the range into a parking lot where it bounces off a vintage yellow and black Rolls Royce.
    Close up of the ball which has come to a stop behind the Rolls.
    We hear the crunch of gravel as the player approaches the car.
    We catch a quick glimpse of an ornamental statue with an obvious seam around the head as if it had been detached once.
    Close on the ball. A hand reaches into the frame to pick up the ball.
    As the camera follows the ball being picked up, we glimpse the license plate of the Rolls:
    AU III.
    Close up of man's profile. A quick turn of the head to the license plate. A smile. He tosses the golf ball into the air which dissolves into the title and song sequence.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I posted about this in an another topic; this is ripe for the basis of a Bond film.

This is real world and incredibly intriguing…

• edited April 7 Posts: 338
    Knowing how Bond often follows current cinema trends, I hope Bond26 does NOT follow a recent trend, which seems to be for action scenes / shoot outs to reflect computer games - thinking of the latest John Wick and, to some extent, latest Mission Impossible.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 7 Posts: 17,805
    Troy wrote: »
    Knowing how Bond often follows current cinema trends, I hope Bond26 does NOT follow a recent trend, which seems to be for action scenes / shoot outs to reflect computer games - thinking of the latest John Wick and, to some extent, latest Mission Impossible.

I thought there was a bit of that in No Time to Die to be honest. I'm thinking of the extended scene where there is a shootout as Bond traverses the stairwell near the end of the film. That scene did feel a bit like a shoot 'em up computer game to me. I suppose that parts of the latter half of Tomorrow Never Dies similarly had a computer game feel as well. I agree with you that it's a trend I'd rather not see repeated in future Bond films.
    @Dragonpol That's exactly how the end of NTTD feels to me. It seems like a long, unbroken shot. Each time I see it, it seems less spontaneous as Bond/Craig seems to anticipate enemies instead of reacting to.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 8 Posts: 4,442
    If you ask me producers should watch Wonder Woman 1984. Very underrated and what missing moost was some 80's smoke including people smoking. Because it was very clear to me there take look to Robocop and Total Recall. Fan of Verhoeven possible because one chacters looks on younger Sharon Stone with a bit of Batman Returns vibe . And the movie was to long, but screentime is better used then first one. Humor and action feels like X-men and Bond. Mabey some of vibe in this movie is what Gi joe movie or Tom Raider 2 need. Lindy Hemming was costume designer on the movie and Hans Zimmer composer.

Biggest problem was that movie only have one moment at start that must been filmed around of first movie in 2017 showing a flashback of younger Diana, only moment of more background of chacter.

If following another trend earlier Kingdom of Planet of Apes. In new trailer even production design look like it have some 3D effect with i thinking partly doing sets for real. Big quistion wil be or in final movie you see it looks to fake. Possible side effects of 4K or 6K filming, or you know it but accepted effects.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I thought there was a bit of that in No Time to Die to be honest. I'm thinking of the extended scene where there is a shootout as Bond traverses the stairwell near the end of the film. That scene did feel a bit like a shoot 'em up computer game to me. I suppose that parts of the latter half of Tomorrow Never Dies similarly had a computer game feel as well. I agree with you that it's a trend I'd rather not see repeated in future Bond films.

Fukunaga is a noted videogame player (remember all the initial stories in the tabloids about him bunking off directing to go play Red Dead Redemption 2...).

I think the third act being very video-gamey is intentional, as it features a lot of the tropes etc that an action game would have:

- Q Dar providing a map / navigation way point for Bond/Nomi and the player
    - Two agents infiltrating (Co-Op)
    - Q giving bond hints and tips ("Use your watch Bond") etc like a game would.
    - The already mentioned "one take" stairs sequence".
    - Backtracking around the same environment (which Bond does quite a bit)
    - Hidden collectables in the level (Dou Dou) (this one is a stretch though).
    Mallory wrote: »

Fukunaga is a noted videogame player (remember all the initial stories in the tabloids about him bunking off directing to go play Red Dead Redemption 2...).

I think the third act being very video-gamey is intentional, as it features a lot of the tropes etc that an action game would have:

That's very well deduced indeed. I think that you are definitely on to something there, @Mallory! :)
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited April 10 Posts: 565
    Mallory wrote: »

Also, the overhead/top-down POV shots.
    Bond wakes up in the brain torture room with Bro-feld and Dr. Swann...all we've seen since was all in his mind, a la Terry Gilliam's Brazil (1985). Bond is dazed but recovers in whatever room they throw him after brain probing. Bro-feld sends him to MI6, and M so distrusts Bond that he sends him on a suicidal mission, to stop the world's scariest assassin.
    Since62 wrote: »
    Bond wakes up in the brain torture room with Bro-feld and Dr. Swann...all we've seen since was all in his mind, a la Terry Gilliam's Brazil (1985). Bond is dazed but recovers in whatever room they throw him after brain probing. Bro-feld sends him to MI6, and M so distrusts Bond that he sends him on a suicidal mission, to stop the world's scariest assassin.

They could call it No Time to Dream.