"...And don't call me Shirley" - The ZAZ (Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker) movies

Anyone here who likes the spoof movies of the "ZAZ"-team (David Zucker, Jim Abrahams, Jerry Zucker), who made such great films as "Naked Gun", "Top Secret!" or "Airplane!" ?

Personally, I love the comedy style of those movies. I think my favorite movie of them is "Airplane!" - still one of the best films of the genre.
Unfortunately, since they are rarely making movies today, the spoof genre isn't the same anymore. I didn't watch such movies as "Epic Movie" and even those David Zucker made weren't that great lately ("Scary Movie" 3-5 for example).

However, "hollywoodreporter.com" now reports David Zucker finally will direct a new movie, which is called "The Star of Malta". Apparently, the movie will be a spoof on classic film noir and caper movies, which sounds promising:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/naked-gun-co-creator-david-zucker-spoof-noir-movies-star-of-malta-1235046710/

Set in late-1940s America, Malta follows prizefighter Joe Medina, newly released from prison for killing his opponent in the ring, as he pursues his love, Harriet Evans, to Hollywood. Hitchhiking west, he accidentally gains possession of a highly sought-after but cursed gemstone, known as The Star of Malta, and proceeds on an accidental murder spree, leaving a trail of people he never intended to kill.

I hope the movie will get made. Will you looking forward to this movie, too? And what are your favorite movies of the ZAZ-team?

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    However, "hollywoodreporter.com" now reports David Zucker finally will direct a new movie, which is called "The Star of Malta". Apparently, the movie will be a spoof on classic film noir and caper movies, which sounds promising:
    Yeah I'd like to see that @Kojak007. Airplane will probably always stand as the best, the others have their moments. Anything Police Squad! Top Secret! had some stuff.

And don't forget Kentucky Fried Movie and George Lazenby as... The Architect!

Kentucky Fried Movie: That's Armageddon (see 2:00, 2:33, 3:24)

Yeah. I like Airplane! but I love The Naked Gun, especially 1 and 2, and especially especially 2. So many wonderful gags. One of my favorites is Robert Goulet talking to the waiter in the foreground while "Nielsen" and "Presley" are performing a highly athletic dance routine in the background. Or Nielsen dropping through the skylight and getting covered in dirt only to be perfectly clean in the next shot.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    The Naked Gun is probably my favourite film; it always cheers me up and makes me laugh, even though I've watched it perhaps 100 times now. And because I was a kid when I first saw it, I'm still spotting new references as I catch up with the films it riffs on, like Double Indemnity.

Big fan of Top Secret! too.