Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning - Parts 1 and 2 (2023/24)

1240241242243244246»

Comments

mtm wrote: »
    This is a turn up; I'd heard a description of the Cinemacon intro but I didn't think it would get out into the wild.

He just gets better and better! :-bd
    The insurers must be going into full cardiac arrest !
  • "So I get another safety guy..."
    It's intereresting that MI uses these stunts as a marketing tool months/years before the movie opens. They sacrifice surpise/shock for the advance PR coverage, and, looking at the original trailer, they did this with Goldeneye. McQ works backwards to find great stunts/set pieces. Perhaps we need the same with Bond?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Bond needs to go back to that to some extent. Perhaps not the one big stunt thing (which GE did brilliantly but they pretty much ran out of soon after) but they do need to be coming up with brilliant original ideas for action set pieces again. NTTD's 4x4 chase was so uninspiring.
  • BennyBenny Classified Administrator, Moderator
    Bond needs to go back to that to some extent. Perhaps not the one big stunt thing (which GE did brilliantly but they pretty much ran out of soon after) but they do need to be coming up with brilliant original ideas for action set pieces again. NTTD's 4x4 chase was so uninspiring.

I have to agree. Bond hasn't done a big spectacle stunt for some time. And this is in no way a jab at the stunt team on any of the recent Bond films. But Bond used to be the standard for this. It's hard to compete when your leading man is actually doing some of the most impressive work put to film though.
    It's like, after MR Bond was put in impressively high, dangerous situations to get out of.
    And then with MI: GP, Tom Cruise and co went...is this dangerous and spectacular enough for you Tom?

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't think it will be for an MI film, but I read that Tom C may GO INTO OUTER SPACE - not just for a ride, but TO FILM for a movie and NOT a documentary....wow....just WOW !
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lagos, Nigeria

I couldn't agree more.