The Beys - think Sopranos in Istanbul

Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
edited December 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 642
How about a period piece set in the cold war era following the lives of The Beys. Starting with Kerims rise to station chief for Mi6 and the subsequent goings on of his sons following his killing. Did they continue their fathers work. Perhaps we can start a story right here?? Thoughts people....

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I want to see Kerim Bey breaking chains and bending bars in the circus.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited December 2011 Posts: 642
    ^ :-) indeed, maybe he bumps into Scaramanga emptying his pistol into someone's face (I think that's how the story went)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    All I know is if Benz liked hearing about Kerim Bey's fascinating life, I'm sure I would, too. ;)
    That's quite an interesting idea. I'd only start it in the 1930's, cover the war and the aftermath, then jump to 1970's with its fascist terror, autocracy and the Cyprus crisis and set the final chapter in post 2000's modern state.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    It's a terrific idea for a novel; sadly it'd have to be fan fiction as it'd never get published unless the Fleming people were behind it. But as a work of literary fiction, it'd have great potential certainly, @Monsieur_Aubergine... :)