FRWL,Everything or Nothing, Night Fire On PS3?

edited December 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 1,856
Just saw this on Wikipedia..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_collections_for_the_PlayStation_3

That gave me the idea of (aside from rights issues) why not put the 5 EA PS2on PS3 under this new line. I Mean EA did the best work on the 007 franchise and now many people can't play the games after upgrading (like myself).

So what do YOU Think?

Comments

I'd love to have NightFire on PS3!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    If they just remake the Videos and remake the Textures for HD, it would be good. nothing more.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That'll probably never happen. Rights issues is the problem. The one and only problem.

Besides, putting all 5 on the PS3 would also involve Rogue Agent (*shudders*)
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    If they just remake the Videos and remake the Textures for HD, it would be good. nothing more.

Upping the textures is all HD rereleases are. The videos will look the same.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    they should remake the videos :( they'd look so old being at that same graphs.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I'd buy it if that happened, if only for a quick blast from the past and to play them in HD. I love nostalgia.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Yeah, but then you've got brand new CG videos alongside old gameplay graphics, that would be so weird. None of the HD remasters have had new CG with the old gameplay graphics.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,894
    X3MSonicX wrote:

That's the only way i'd want it to be done. But then, this is why I still have my PS2.
    Rogue Agent was HOT!!!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,899
    I finished a video game art course last year, so I'd like to nominate myself as lead environment texture artist. Upgrading the textures takes a lot of work, but I'd be up for the challenge. :)
  • nightfire on PS3 would be a dream come true, I think its a shame the PS3 didn't come with backwards compatibility, now I still have a ps2 for the sake of one game
  • X3MSonicX wrote:

That's the only way i'd want it to be done. But then, this is why I still have my PS2.

I kept my PS2 just so I could play nightfire. But yeah just remake the videos and textures, leave everything else exactly the same, no new voice actors, no plot changes, no level changes, etc

Other than the Silent Hill HD Collection getting new VAs, I don't know any HD collection that changes anything but the textures.
    I just didn't like Nightfire only at PC Version. The graphics are good, However the weapons are not so well made as they are on console versions.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Yeah, but then you've got brand new CG videos alongside old gameplay graphics, that would be so weird. None of the HD remasters have had new CG with the old gameplay graphics.

I mean to make new CG with the new graphics. Not to use the OLD CG's with the NEW graphics, or vice-verse.
    But other than Hi-resing the textures, the graphics would look no different (basically smooth the PS2 textures out, and that's what you get), and they'd do that with the CG videos as well as the gameplay graphics.
    NIGHTFIRE IS A MUST! Such a classic game as Nightfire would definitely be top pick for a re-release. Nightfire's only weak point was the graphics, but that wasn't its fault. That was 2002, so imagine what could happen with 2012 graphics!

Everything or Nothing would also be a great addition to a re-release list. My only issue with EoN that would keep it out of this set is the 3rd Person. It was a little hard to handle at times, and could get annoying. But like Nightfire, a classic such as this could be made terrific with 2012 graphics.

As for From Russia with Love, there's a lot to fix with this one, so maybe it should be left off.
    I have to agree with the Beast up there. NightFire and EON would do great in a rerelease, but FRWL would not, and I add Agent Under Fire to that as well. Maybe they could even pull Brosnan out of Bond-tirement and have him cover up that lousy sound-alike in NightFire. He would have worked if Brosnan's likeness hadn't been used.
    I have to agree with the Beast up there. NightFire and EON would do great in a rerelease, but FRWL would not, and I add Agent Under Fire to that as well. Maybe they could even pull Brosnan out of Bond-tirement and have him cover up that lousy sound-alike in NightFire. He would have worked if Brosnan's likeness hadn't been used.

The voice guy for Nightfire was pretty good, even if his voice was to deep for Brosnan, but I'd love to have original Brosnan in Nightfire like they did for EoN.
    i guess that Brosnan wouldn't agree in record new voices, again.
    More than likely, but these games probably won't be released on the PS3, so even that is just wishful thinking.
    Am i the only one here who LIKES FRWL??????
    still waiting for the cancelled XBLA version of Goldeneye first....
    Virage wrote:

I liked it for a while, and then I played more Bond games and realized that it was a bit weaker than some of the others. However, it's not terrible, as some of the levels are quite fun, like the Istanbul levels, the last level, and the Factory.
    Virage wrote:

I liked it. I thought it was a good game. It got old after I beat the game, bought all the MP characters, videos and concept art, obtained and beat all the side missions. Beat the game on every difficulty. Got all the Bond moments. Oh... I just played the [expletive deleted] out of that game.
    Virage wrote:

I like FRWL, because I can live with the fact that it's just another adaptation. I don't even mind some of the fillers or orginal levels or things changed just for the sake of the game. It would've been better to create a wholly new plot taking place in the 60's Connery era. But other than that, it's a fine and fun game imo. Nice 60's Bond feel to it too.

I've got to say, if it had to be an adaptation of a 60s film, FRWL did the very best it could. Very little of that film could really translate into a game.
  • i would LOVE to see EON on PC. by far the best bond game in my opinion. it really felt like you were in the movie when playing it. one of the most memorable moments for me is on simple exchange and vertigo. i would dive or do something to make noise and make the guards try and find out what the noise was, and they would look everywhere and then give up, and i'd repeat the process. so much fun. bringing it on PC would allow us fans to come back to it 5-10 years from now and not have to worry about emulators and trying to get them to work if we no longer have our old consoles
  • Virage wrote:

the multiplayer was fun, but they ruined the films story and everything it did EON did better. They should've picked goldfinger, its more action driven, its more famous, and spectre/blofeld aren't in the film so there would be no need to change and rename things.
    They should've picked goldfinger, its more action driven, its more famous, and spectre/blofeld aren't in the film so there would be no need to change and rename things.

Actually, they'd have to change a lot. Bond spends quite a bit of that movie captured, doing nothing but talking to Goldfinger. FRWL fit the bill just fine, and ended up a good game, despite a little of the ridiculousness with Red Grant surviving until the end.
  • They should've picked goldfinger, its more action driven, its more famous, and spectre/blofeld aren't in the film so there would be no need to change and rename things.

Actually, they'd have to change a lot. Bond spends quite a bit of that movie captured, doing nothing but talking to Goldfinger. FRWL fit the bill just fine, and ended up a good game, despite a little of the ridiculousness with Red Grant surviving until the end.

They would need to change some things but overall I think it would work better, or maybe thunderball would've worked best. I didn't like FRWL because of what they did wiht the story (spectre is now octopuss, the PTS is different, they get to the end of the film then add a finale mission that was never in the film at all and added a whole new thing to the story. Bond has killed klebb, has the girl and the device, the films over.... Oh wait, now spect- sorry, octopus, are going to blow up london from thier secret island base), and the gameplay was done better in EON