Taking The "Walt" Out Of "Disney"

edited December 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,856
A Reliable source with in The Walt Disney Company today leaked that the Creator Of company's name may be dropped from the company's name..

While Walt has been dead for 40 years his name has been used on the film studio (and other assets) for nearly a century. Walt is still credited as being the founder of animated feature films, the modern theme park & special effects, and helping to push modern town planning as well as being father for modern robotics. These achievements could not mean a thing to the modern disney board.

So What do you think????

(My Source http://entertainmentbusinessnews.blogspot.com/2011/12/media-international-businessurgent.html?spref=fb)

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,933
    Typical. They have to go and destroy everything magical, don't they? A good percentage of us grew up watching Disney classics. I'm not a big fan of change, unless it's absolutely necessary- and it's anything but necessary here. What's the deal with dropping 'Walt' from the name? Seems like a sign of disrespect. If anything, they should drop the 'Walt' and make it 'Mr. Disney'. The scenario is just like dropping the 'Ian' from Ian Fleming, and leaving that above the Bond film title so it reads: 'Albert R. Broccoli's Eon Productions presents Fleming's James Bond 007 in...' Total disrespect, I tell you. Not too ******* happy about this.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2011 Posts: 4,399
    they are probably doing it based off modern public recognition... how many people say "im going to Walt Disney World (Land)." or "I'm watching a Walt Disney cartoon/movie."... its usually just trimmed down to "Disney"..... i personally don't see the need for the change, is it really tiring writing 4 extra letters?.. in this tough economy, are they trying to save money by conserving how much they spend on ink with those 4 extra letters?.... who knows...

it's pointless.... therefor it stinks - and I don't like it.
    Forgot to put this I HATE IT!!!!!!

Agreeing with @haserot here
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited December 2011 Posts: 1,699
    If they're going to do it, it'll primarily be for profit - because they think they can make more money if they make the change. Change is commonplace in business and usually for that very reason - and Disney is practically as big and hard-nosed a corporation as they come. It's seen as magical, sure, but it's actually been hugely successful at selling 'magic'; in the end it's ultimately always come down to the dollar for them - and that's not necessarily a criticism, peeps, just, you know, stating how it is...
    I guess if they don't get rid of 'Walt' from the Disney name, they'll probably go bankrupt. Yes, I get it now. The fat cats aren't satisfied with sitting on a mountain of cash to rival Kosciuszko, they need to make more. I know it's always been this way, it just p***** me off when I hear the ugly truth behind special highlights of our childhood.
    Link doesn't work, can't find this news anywhere else... it's fake.
    Hmmm, interesting. :-?