Which Bond trailers disappointed you the most on seeing the film?

OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
edited September 2020 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,081
In light of the release of the new No Time To Die trailer, I thought it a fitting discussion to initiate.

I've sometimes found that Bond trailers have overhyped the film, only to leave me ultimately disappointed on leaving the cinema. While I am confident that No Time To Die will deliver on it's promise of a strong final outing for Craig, I thought it would be interesting to discuss which Bond trailers have built their respective film only to leave you deflated when exiting the theatre. It's interesting reflecting on the subject as for me I remember which the ones which did so vividly. Those were, Tomorrow Never Dies, Quantum of Solace and Spectre.

How about you?

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QOS and SP, particularly SP, and the way the kite-in-a-hurricane moment gave a sense of foreboding.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    QBranch wrote: »
    QOS and SP, particularly SP, and the way the kite-in-a-hurricane moment gave a sense of foreboding.

I got the sense from the Spectre trailer that they were going to go for a more dark Bond adventure.