And the Bondie for inspired casting/under-rated performance for an actress...page 134

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    marc wrote: »
    Max the Parrot, but rather for his FYEO performance: the 'ATAC to St. Cyril's' one-liner, voice doubling to the PM and ridding Q Branch of another gadget.

Yes, absolutely. Not only did he learn his lines, but knew exactly when to deliver them. Parrots are so clever, they even understand what a telephone is. And that Bond impression was impressive for a bird. No wonder they brought him back. He should have been in all the 80s films, and saved the day each time.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Got to go with Max The Parrot in FYEO as he played such an integral part in the plot.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Sorry Max, I love the parrot, but I've got to go with the pigeon. That poor old Venetian bird has been the victim of some serious mockery over the years.

Forza piccione!
    Max the Parrot, but that for his irresistible charm when totaly disarming Maggie Thatcher in FYEO.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    write in for favourite animal actor or appearance...

The Elephant who knock's JW into the water in TMWTGG
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The dog in TB-- when you gotta go, you gotta go.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Yes, absolutely. Not only did he learn his lines, but knew exactly when to deliver them. Parrots are so clever, they even understand what a telephone is. And that Bond impression was impressive for a bird. No wonder they brought him back. He should have been in all the 80s films, and saved the day each time.
    Yes, that would have been nice to see him back more often. I've read they say parrots can reach the intelligence level of a five-year-old child and the emotional level of a two-year-old.
    I didn't know parrots understand telephones.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Pigeon for me!

The parrot's cheating slightly as he's being nominated for two separate performances! :D

The levitating tarantula from Dr No deserves a mention I think.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'll write in the St. Bernard from OHMSS. He's just there for a playful romp with Laz.
    The lizard from Spectre! :P
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »

I thought the Mouse gave a better performance.. :D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

The mouse was CGI! I still think that's pretty amazing: I'd have never guessed.
  • write in for favourite animal actor or appearance...

Is that the same elephant as the one in Diamonds Are Forever, pulling the lever on the slot machine? A multi-talented performer to be sure!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I can't imagine they'd have moved an elephant around the globe, but it does make me wonder about Max the parrot: is the stuff inside the cabin of Melina's boat done on location or in studio? I can't remember. If it's location you'd have thought they'd have got a local parrot in.
    mtm wrote: »
    I can't imagine they'd have moved an elephant around the globe, but it does make me wonder about Max the parrot: is the stuff inside the cabin of Melina's boat done on location or in studio? I can't remember. If it's location you'd have thought they'd have got a local parrot in.

That was shot in the studio.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Recently found out that old Max was once owned by Diana Rigg! Cool trivia and yes it's the same bird in FYEO and TLD. I liked his emotional range in TLD it showed his growth as an actor. :)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    thedove wrote: »
    Recently found out that old Max was once owned by Diana Rigg! Cool trivia and yes it's the same bird in FYEO and TLD. I liked his emotional range in TLD it showed his growth as an actor. :)

That’s awesome. I’m imagining a huge painting with Rigg holding Max, up in some Bond fans grand foyer. ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    It has to be one of Blofeld's cats. Right?

https://fansided.com/2017/04/23/james-bonds-wild-kingdom/

The mouse was CGI! I still think that's pretty amazing: I'd have never guessed.

As it happens the Rat from DAF was better. At least he was real... :)
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,526
    TripAces wrote: »
    It has to be one of Blofeld's cats. Right?

https://fansided.com/2017/04/23/james-bonds-wild-kingdom/

High-five.
    Mainstay in the series, appears in several films, visually standing in for Blofeld himself at times, and played a super minor part of the plot in DAF, maybe?? :P
    Definitely Blofeld’s Pussycat for the Bondie.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Gotta give this vote to @Max_The_Parrot :)

EDIT: We're allowed write ins, so I'm going to change my vote to Blofeld's Pussycat. Sorry Max!

74-C20954-DBB9-44-D7-A5-C7-52-B4332-EC9-B4.gif
    Gotta give this vote to @Max_The_Parrot :)

EDIT: We're allowed write ins, so I'm going to change my vote to Blofeld's Pussycat. Sorry Max!

74-C20954-DBB9-44-D7-A5-C7-52-B4332-EC9-B4.gif

giphy.gif
    We at the DRP are proud to be supporting our fellow animal actors and applaud the academy’s decision to recognise the valuable contribution all animals make to our beloved Bond franchise. We are also far too modest to vote for a parrot, and therefore our nomination goes to our feathered relative, John Glen’s favourite rock dove that loves to scare Sir Roger silly ...

.... nah, who are we kidding, this may be our only opportunity for one of our own to pick up a Bondie, we shamelessly nominate Max the parrot!!!!

Pigeon for me!

The parrot's cheating slightly as he's being nominated for two separate performances! :D

Not cheating. For some reason he was nominated for the film in which he featured significantly less.
    The parrot in FYEO and TLD goes by the name Chrome by the way. The actor, that is.
    jobo wrote: »
    Pigeon for me!

Not cheating. For some reason he was nominated for the film in which he featured significantly less.

Consider it like Leo DiCaprio. Did he deserve Best Actor for The Revenant? Debatable. Did he deserve Best Actor for his body of work at large? I think so. ;)
    Interestingly Cork & Stutz’s JB Encyclopedia have a backstory for Max that after FYEO, MI6 go on to adopt Max and he goes to live at the Blayden safe house, thus being one and the same character. The blurb says it is produced in collaboration with EON and whilst in practice this probably doesn’t mean much, I like to think Barbara stood up, shaking her fists, and insisted that little nugget be included before the book could be published! ☺️
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    write in for favourite animal actor or appearance...

I'm with you on thiis: All power to elephants! (Not if they're Republicans, though.)
    I'll have to go with Max the Parrot, if only for his performance on the phone with Maggie Thatcher (and Dennis).
  • HonestyBestPolicyHonestyBestPolicy Classified
    I nominate the monkey on Gibralter who jumps out of the way of the jeep. (TLD)